Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but it was not widely known because, unlike the Zahau$, Dina does not go to the media to plead her case, she does that in court.

Are you serious? Did you miss this article?

http://http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Dina-Shacknai-Rebecca-Zahau-Coronado-Spreckels-Mansion-291021201.html

DS went directly to the media and was interviewed by NBC7. She also gave them misinformation stating that neither she nor her sister were at the house the night RZ died. NR stated quite clearly in her rambling interview with CBS8 that she was there. http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/exclusive-max-shacknais-aunt-talks-about-coronado-mansion-deaths

ALWAYS MOO

inthedark14, first, my apologies! For some reason, I had you confused with another poster, that always asks me for links, even when I've just posted them.

I think made it a habit to be defensive here due to the sometimes hostile climate. But I promise, I did not mean to insult you! You have always been logical and thoughtful in your postings! What you smokin', LuckyLucy2? :facepalm:

I was referring to the court case that Dina filed against Jonah. As far as I know, she did not go to the media about that.

The interview you refer to was in response to the case the Zahau$ have brought against her, Nina, and Adam. Yes, she finally does an interview, after being accused in the media over and over since the Zahau$ filed the lawsuit. I took what she said to mean, she or her sister where not there at the time Zahau died. You may have interperated it differently.

BTW, your first link did not work.

Again, my apologies for my confusion!

Are you serious? Did you miss this article?

http://http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Dina-Shacknai-Rebecca-Zahau-Coronado-Spreckels-Mansion-291021201.html

DS went directly to the media and was interviewed by NBC7. She also gave them misinformation stating that neither she nor her sister were at the house the night RZ died. NR stated quite clearly in her rambling interview with CBS8 that she was there. http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/exclusive-max-shacknais-aunt-talks-about-coronado-mansion-deaths

ALWAYS MOO

I don't see what the big deal is about whether Dina knew her sister went to the house. Nina is quoted in the story as saying she immediately told police she walked over there.

JMO

Once again...please back up your statement that the Z family released this information. The Z family isn't the party who has been in the news lately.

Link please. (Second request)

LuckyLucy2......I think you meant Maricopa County.

MyBelle, it was filed over two years ago in Maraposa county, AZ. The Zahaus, lawyers came out a few weeks ago with the "story". I have no doubt that is where 10news got the story...from the Zahaus. Yet, as usual, they got it wrong. The case wasn't being filed, it was being dismissed, the same way the Zahau lawsuits will be dismissed - due to no evidence. But note, they don't mention XZ was there. Why didn't the Zahau lawyers correct that? Hmmm?

http://www.10news.com/news/investigations/new-claims-in-2011-coronado-mansion-death-01262015

The news story at your link clearly states that the "new information" about the case came from Dina.

Yes, but it was not widely known because, unlike the Zahau$, Dina does not go to the media to plead her case, she does that in court.

Ok, thanks. I think she's following the lead of her attorneys.

Nina Romano 11/7/2011 Interview -

CROSSTALK:And uh you drove back, I'm sorry I forgot who drove you back?

NINA: I drove myself back, and I'm thinking that was the night that I drove Jonah's car back because I remember saying 'how am i going to get home' and they each had a car there and they only needed really one car so thats when they had the room at Ronald McDonald House so if they needed or wanted to go and get some sleep or take a shower, they had a room at the Ronald MacDonald house so I was able to take Jonah's car back and I was able to take that to my sister's house so I could get back.

MP3-
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/nina_romano.mp3

Article-
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/exclusive-max-shacknais-aunt-talks-about-coronado-mansion-deaths

Did Dina file a wrongful death lawsuit against Jonah? I missed that tidbit if she did.

Hi MyBelle!

Here is a screenshot from the news report from 1/26/2015. The case number is listed on the court document. You can view some of the details at the county website. A WDS was filed on 7/16/2013 against Jonah. The anniversary of Maxie's death.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CivilCourtCases/index.asp

New claims in 2011 Coronado mansion death

Link to video-

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/video/#!...Exclusive--Dina-Shacknai-Speaks-Out/291044881

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 73
The news story at your link clearly states that the "new information" about the case came from Dina.

No, it clearly states, "Team 10 is uncovering new details about claims made by the mother of Max Shacknai, the 6-year old boy who died in his father's Coronado mansion in 2011.

Investigator Melissa Mecija examined a lawsuit filed by Dina Shacknai, who claims her son said he was worried just weeks before he fell to his death."

It said the claims came from Dina's lawsuit. No where do they say they spoke with Dina. But the <mod snip> lawyer sure was willing to talk to the media again.

Hi MyBelle!

Here is a screenshot from the news report from 1/26/2015. The case number is listed on the court document. You can view some of the details at the county website. A WDS was filed on 7/16/2013 against Jonah. The anniversary of Maxie's death.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CivilCourtCases/index.asp

New claims in 2011 Coronado mansion death

Link to video-

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/video/#!...Exclusive--Dina-Shacknai-Speaks-Out/291044881

Thanks! I wish I could read the actual details. He was such an adorable little boy. What a horrible tragedy to go through.

:modstop: ................ all the baiting, nitpicking, arguing, personal attacks, etc.

Agree to disagree and move on or just remain silent until something new develops on this case.

Any further posts breaking TOS will not only be removed, the poster will get a vacation.

tia
fran

No, it clearly states, "Team 10 is uncovering new details about claims made by the mother of Max Shacknai, the 6-year old boy who died in his father's Coronado mansion in 2011.

Investigator Melissa Mecija examined a lawsuit filed by Dina Shacknai, who claims her son said he was worried just weeks before he fell to his death."

It said the claims came from Dina's lawsuit. No where do they say they spoke with Dina. But the Zahau$ lawyer sure was willing to talk to the media again.

The relevant quote is the one which states that the news station was investigating new claims by the mother of Max Shacknai. That's Dina.

Its entirely possible that Dina's most recent PR offensive has raised the ire of her attorneys. Her recent interviews contained false information about her and her sister's whereabouts the evening of Rebecca's death. It's both bizarre, yet predictable that, once caught, she would try to blame the news reports on the plaintiff's attorneys. SMH.

Its long past time for the judge to issue a gag order in this case. As has been noted before, one of the defendants (and her former husband) has a history of spending exhorbitant sums of money on PR and other consultants to manipulate the news and social media to cover up possible criminal activity and thwart legal investigation of RZ's death. Its obvious they're attempting to taint the jury pool and interfere with the WDS. Its just anoter strategy to run out the clock until the Zahaus modest assets are depleted.

Even in our great country, the wealthy often prevail in subverting justice. MOO.

The relevant quote is the one which states that the news station was investigating new claims by the mother of Max Shacknai. That's Dina.

Its entirely possible that Dina's most recent PR offensive has raised the ire of her attorneys. Her recent interviews contained false information about her and her sister's whereabouts the evening of Rebecca's death. It's both bizarre, yet predictable that, once caught, she would try to blame the news reports on the plaintiff's attorneys. SMH.

Its long past time for the judge to issue a gag order in this case. As has been noted before, one of the defendants (and her former husband) has a history of spending exhorbitant sums of money on PR and other consultants to manipulate the news and social media to cover up possible criminal activity and thwart legal investigation of RZ's death. Its obvious they're attempting to taint the jury pool and interfere with the WDS. Its just anoter strategy to run out the clock until the Zahaus modest assets are depleted.

Even in our great country, the wealthy often prevail in subverting justice. MOO.

I think the lawyers are advising Dina and she is just getting warmed up. Dina certainly has a right to speak about a case in which she is the defendant. She's had to go to the cost of hiring lawyers to defend herself.

PR people don't control law enforcement and they certainly don't have the power to "cover up possible criminal activity" or thwart investigations. That's a really silly myth.

JMO

I think the lawyers are advising Dina and she is just getting warmed up. Dina certainly has a right to speak about a case in which she is the defendant. She's had to go to the cost of hiring lawyers to defend herself.

PR people don't control law enforcement and they certainly don't have the power to "cover up possible criminal activity" or thwart investigations. That's a really silly myth.

JMO

BBM

She wouldn't need any lawyers if she hadn't stalked, stripped, tortured, beaten, bound, gagged, strangled and tossed Rebecca over a balcony railing.

OR (if she's truly innnocent) released Maxie's records to prove her innocence. Simple as that.

JMO

BBM1: If she is going to speak about the case, she should stick to the truth. Did she forget that it was a known fact that Nina, herself, said she was at the mansion that night?

BBM2: But PR DOES influence possible jury members. IMO Dina is going for a sympathy card. After all, who would begrudge a grieving mother who lost her only son to speak out; and she would even be forgiven for getting her facts mixed up.

BBM

She wouldn't need any lawyers if she hadn't stalked, stripped, tortured, beaten, bound, gagged, strangled and tossed Rebecca over a balcony railing.

OR (if she's truly innnocent) released Maxie's records to prove her innocence. Simple as that.

While that might be the opinion of RZ's family, it isn't fact unless they can prove Dina had opportunity to commit a crime that has been ruled a suicide. The medical records can prove where she was but not where she was not.

JMO

Snarks and personal insults need to stop.

Time outs are next.

Tricia

BBM1: If she is going to speak about the case, she should stick to the truth. Did she forget that it was a known fact that Nina, herself, said she was at the mansion that night?

BBM2: But PR DOES influence possible jury members. IMO Dina is going for a sympathy card. After all, who would begrudge a grieving mother who lost her only son to speak out; and she would even be forgiven for getting her facts mixed up.

Oh, make no mistake. I agree that expert Public Relations absolutely influences public opinion. Many lawyers receive their undergraduate degree in communication. And it doesn't take a hired PR team for the public to feel enormous sympathy for the mother of a dead child. Or to believe someone would choose suicide rather than be criminally investigated for child abuse.

JMO

JMO

Dina's free speech rights don't include the right to lie and spread false and misleading information in news media interviews during an ongoing civil proceeding, especially prior to jury selection. They also don't include the right to then accuse the Zahau family of spreading that information.

I'm undecided about whether Dina's attorneys aprrove of her misguided PR campaign. While it has the usual hallmarks of Dina's special brand of anger, malice and eccentricity, it also contains misinformation that will be easily refuted in court, before said jury. I can't imagine any reputable defense attorney wants to be in the position of defending clear, well documented lies from his client. She will just appear dishonest and unbalanced to the jury.

Which brings up another question: will Dina's attorney gamble allowing her to testify in court? My guess is no.

Dina's free speech rights don't include the right to lie and spread false and misleading information in news media interviews during an ongoing civil proceeding, especially prior to jury selection. They also don't include the right to then accuse the Zahau family of spreading that information.

I'm undecided about whether Dina's attorneys aprrove of her misguided PR campaign. While it has the usual hallmarks of Dina's special brand of anger, malice and eccentricity, it also contains misinformation that will be easily refuted in court, before said jury. I can't imagine any reputable defense attorney wants to be in the position of defending clear, well documented lies from his client. She will just appear dishonest and unbalanced to the jury.

Which brings up another question: will Dina's attorney gamble allowing her to testify in court? My guess is no.

BBM. I think Dina's right to speech does include expressing her opinion about the actions and motives of those who file a lawsuit against her that publicly accuses her of murder. Especially in a death that was publicly ruled as a suicide years ago.

iirc, RZ's family also filed a lawsuit against the Sheriff. When someone files multiple lawsuits against high profile people, it's going to attract media and public attention and opinion. I think that pretty much comes with the territory.

Perhaps one of the legal experts can weigh in about the freedom of speech issue and clarify for us.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member