Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A seven week long investigation? Really", that speaks to an exhaustive investigation to you" Seven weeks?

And if i may add, the length of the investigation when so poorly conducted doesn't mean much. Heck it could have been a year but the result would have been the same because it was done with tunnel vision trying to prove one thing only: suicide.

IANAL, but I'm not sure a whole new complaint is being filed in Marciopa County? Maybe something we could ask AZLawyer's help in clarifying?

Imo, the "Nino Romano, male" is just human error. It could have been made by the lawyers or whomever enters data into the county website. Dina's lawyers have made errors too. In court documents filed by Dina's lawyers they wrote Pari Zahau was a male and Rebecca's date of death as July 11th. It happens.

Regardless of whether this new Maricopa Cnty suit is entirely new or an extension of the present lawsuits or simply for the convenience factor of obtaining statements from sources/witnesses, it shows that the trajectory is growing and not receding.

Because SDSO either dismissed witnesses (not credible they said) or failed to open up their thinking and obtain a broad spectrum of people that knew Rebecca and her relationships is pivotal to exploring what really happened that night. Too many rabbit holes were not explored and now we are seeing evidence of a real investigation.

I hope they also get to the bottom of why it took 13 hours for the coroner to arrive and why her body was uncovered all that time. I believe much of the outrage of this case began right there and the disrespect has continued to this day at least on this board.

Who is MCSO?

It is SDSO/DOJ/FBI that conducted the seven-week long investigation into Rebecca's death. And when fifteen detectives are working on the case, that is a very long investigation. Especially when you consider that the PHYSICAL evidence that proved it was Rebecca and only Rebecca in that room came back fairly early in the investigation.

When the fingerprints, and DNA, as well as other physical evidence PROVES it was a suicide, then everything else was just to FURTHER VERIFY that NO ONE else was there during the time of Rebecca's jump.

This is not to find out "what happened that night". The Zahaus claim they already know that, and have brought SPECIFIC charages that they will not be able to PROVE because they are CONCOCTED and IMAGINED.

This is also not to find out why Rebecca was left uncovered (which, btw, is standard when the method of death is not known) - further proof the detectives did not "rush to judgement".

This is about $10 Million dollars. And IMO, it will be dismissed in May, once the Judge reviews the "evidence" the Zahaus have to date verses the "evidence" the SDSO has proving Dina, Nina, and Adam had nothing to do with Rebecca's suicide.

^ You mentioned the FBI a few weeks ago on this thread, too, but your only source was Ann Rule's book, the "Rother said..." reference which appears to be third hand info.

Why wouldn't Sheriff Gore mention being assisted by the FBI? The shoddiness and incomplete "investigation" has been exhaustively documented in these threads. You would think Gore would want to add some credibility to his conclusion. I could not find the FBI referenced anywhere but Rule's book.

And your claim that its "standard when the method of death is not known" to leave a body uncovered is cow pucky. It is standard to erect a canopy over a body, especially if it is exposed to the elements and will not be examined for 13 hours. I cannot imagine that you would accept this as "standard" were it your deceased loved one lying there NAKED for a full day.

Caitlin Rother is a crime author, who was interviewed about the suicide in the Coronado Patch. I linked that article in my original post. Anne Rule also mentioned the FBI was involved in her book. It has also been mentioned in other MSM articles.

This thread is about the WDS, not how long Rebecca's body was left uncovered.

I could only find ONE reference in Rule's book regarding the FBI investigating Rebecca's case. The assertion is several EXPERT instructors from the FBI Academy were part of Bremner's 'blue ribbon' team that joined them in Becky's death investigation in their disbelief Rebecca's death was a suicide.

“Fleck, Rudoy, and Bremner mentioned the “blue ribbon” panel of experts who had joined them in their disbelief that Becky had been a suicide: forensic pathologist Cyril Wecht; retired Los Angeles homicide detective Steven Fisk, with five hundred homicide, suicide, and suspicious death investigations under his belt; private investigator Paul Ciolino; and several expert instructors from the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia.”

Excerpt From: Rule, Ann. “Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors.”
This material may be protected by copyright.

Caitlin Rother is a crime author, who was interviewed about the suicide in the Coronado Patch. I linked that article in my original post. Anne Rule also mentioned the FBI was involved in her book. It has also been mentioned in other MSM articles.

The WDS is about a concerted effort by LE to predetermine suicide at the outset. If LE was of the opinion that Rebecca was responsible AT FIRST AND INCORRECTLY for Max's accident, IMO they left her body for a show of disrespect and that plays greatly into the WDS mindset of a poor investigation. Sorry, they cannot get around this egregious mistake. It shows a mindset from the earliest start of the investigation. Can't get around that FACT.

Who is MCSO?

It is SDSO/DOJ/FBI that conducted the seven-week long investigation into Rebecca's death. And when fifteen detectives are working on the case, that is a very long investigation. Especially when you consider that the PHYSICAL evidence that proved it was Rebecca and only Rebecca in that room came back fairly early in the investigation.

When the fingerprints, and DNA, as well as other physical evidence PROVES it was a suicide, then everything else was just to FURTHER VERIFY that NO ONE else was there during the time of Rebecca's jump.

This is not to find out "what happened that night". The Zahaus claim they already know that, and have brought SPECIFIC charages that they will not be able to PROVE because they are CONCOCTED and IMAGINED.

This is also not to find out why Rebecca was left uncovered (which, btw, is standard when the method of death is not known) - further proof the detectives did not "rush to judgement".

This is about $10 Million dollars. And IMO, it will be dismissed in May, once the Judge reviews the "evidence" the Zahaus have to date verses the "evidence" the SDSO has proving Dina, Nina, and Adam had nothing to do with Rebecca's suicide.

Sorry meant SDSO.

Rebecca's body, her autopsy, injuries, time of death, etc. are all part of the evidence being examined in the WDS. Leaving her body uncovered, outdoors for so many hours is relevant to the evidence in the WDS lawsuit. It's been established before, in previous threads here, that exposure to the sun for such a long time could have made it difficult to determine her time of death, among other things.

LuLu, can't wait for the posts you'll make in May if/when the judge moves this case forward.

The WDS is about a concerted effort by LE to predetermine suicide at the outset. If LE was of the opinion that Rebecca was responsible AT FIRST AND INCORRECTLY for Max's accident, IMO they left her body for a show of disrespect and that plays greatly into the WDS mindset of a poor investigation. Sorry, they cannot get around this egregious mistake. It shows a mindset from the earliest start of the investigation. Can't get around that FACT.

No, it is about a very detailed and specific set of allegations that the Zahaus have brought against Dina, Nina, and Adam. The allegations are listed earlier in this thread.

The Zahaus lawsuit against the SDSO was dismissed with prejudice, meaing the Judge found NO merit to their claims of a botched or preconcieved investigation by the SDSO. The same way the California Attorney General did - twice.

This is a civil case that can likely lead to criminal charges once the evidence comes to light. And the way Dina has lawyered up, i don't doubt for a minute that she doesn't sleep at night knowing that. And the "damages" of the loss of a young woman will never be repaid by ANY sum of money.

Considering the Zahou's lawsuit against law enforcement failed spectacularly, I won't hold my breath in the hope the prosecutor or the ME will reclassify RZ's death from a suicide. What could very well happen, though, is a long overdue investigation into Max's death.

JMO

The Zahaus lawsuit against the SDSO was dismissed with prejudice, meaing the Judge found NO merit to their claims of a botched or preconcieved investigation by the SDSO.

<snipped for focus>
What you have stated is NOT true. The request to dismiss with prejudice was requested by the Zahaus and NOT by the judge, as per the attached. IMO, this is indicative that the County of San Diego fulfilled Rebecca's family's request to receive the withheld evidence and the lawsuit was settled out of court. I would also suspect that California AG had a hand in this IMO.

Attorney Miller informs the Court that he is substituting in for the Plaintiffs [Zahau] and requests that the case be dismissed with prejudice.

The request is granted.
https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/
Case Number: 37-2013-00047752-CU-MC-CTL

zahau-vs-county-dismissed.jpg

<snipped for focus>
What you have stated is NOT true. The request to dismiss with prejudice was requested by the Zahaus and NOT by the judge, as per the attached. IMO, this is indicative that the County of San Diego fulfilled Rebecca's family's request to receive the withheld evidence and the lawsuit was settled out of court. I would also suspect that California AG had a hand in this IMO.

Attorney Miller informs the Court that he is substituting in for the Plaintiffs [Zahau] and requests that the case be dismissed with prejudice.

The request is granted.

View attachment 71147

Finally, real facts and true enlightenment instead of mumbo jumbo. Thank you!

Thank you Carioca :) What a wonderful way to celebrate Rebecca's birthday!

Happy birthday Rebecca!
:bdsong:​

Considering the Zahou's lawsuit against law enforcement failed spectacularly, I won't hold my breath in the hope the prosecutor or the ME will reclassify RZ's death from a suicide. What could very well happen, though, is a long overdue investigation into Max's death.

JMO

BBM

Hi MyBelle ! What lawsuit would that be?

<snipped for focus>

The request is granted.

View attachment 71147

Of course the plaintiff asked for it! I think if they had not done so, they risked the Judge coming to the same conclusion and such a ruling would have doomed the wrongful death lawsuit.

JMO

True, MyBelle. There is no way the Zahaus asked for the case to be dismissed with prejudice unless they felt the Judge was going to rule against them or they in some way benefitted in the other civil cases from the action, and/or the Judge ordered all documents released to to public should the Zahaus pursue the case.

Why else would they file and then ask for it to be dismissed?

After the civil case is dismissed, I really hope Dina Shacknai writes a book and tells us what is in those files about Rebecca that the Zahaus are so protective of. I think there was quite a bit that was unflattering to Rebecca. I have always found the fact that so little has been told about her life before Jonah to be very suspicious.

<snipped for focus>
IMO, this is indicative that the County of San Diego fulfilled Rebecca's family's request to receive the withheld evidence and the lawsuit was settled out of court. I would also suspect that California AG had a hand in this IMO.

If the lawsuit had been settled it would have said so. No, it was dismissed with predjudice - something was going to come out about Rebecca that the Zahaus did not want known, IMO. So much so, that they ran away from a lawsuit they had spent time and money filing.

The California Attorney General would have not had any involvement in a Civil Case against the SDSO. None what-so-ever.

The California AG's office had already turned down looking over the case twice- because they saw no evidence of any wrong doing or pre-determination in the case of Rebecca Zahau's suicide.

Thank you Carioca :) What a wonderful way to celebrate Rebecca's birthday!

Happy birthday Rebecca!
:bdsong:​

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the innocent child Rebecca who has found peace in heaven, and will soon see justice done on earth in the courts on her behalf :)

Had she been born yesterday, it'd have been Happy PI day too! :cupcake::party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member