Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, IF it is the truth. Since Rebecca cannot speak for herself, I guess we have to choose who we believe is telling the truth, right?

I really don't like JS as the presumed expert on RZ's character and state of mind this late in the trial. To your point, now we're dealing with more "because Jonah said so." My guess is, if the relationship was faltering, Mary had a much better idea of how RZ was feeling right around the time of her murder.

Mary and the family did not find out about the shoplifting until it came out in the paper. Mary also did not know that Rebecca had lived with Robert Berger, another multi-millionaire, for many months will she was married to Neil. As for the other relationships, I don’t think that was covered in Mary’s deposition excerpts that I’ve seen.

I agree. Much has been made of the fact that RZ would not commit suicide because her religion forbids it. Her religion forbids adultery...according to her ex-husband’s testimony, she had numerous affairs. She was in her late twenties...not a teenager...when she stole $1000 worth of jewelry. That is also contrary to her professed faith.

These are the type of arguments that actually undermine the case for the plaintiff...because they are patently untrue. Argue for murder but don’t use false arguments to undercut suicide. The truth doesn’t need to be propped up with misstatements like this. Did the family not know of the affairs and theft?

Honestly, if I were on the jury, religion wouldn’t be something I would focus on. People fall into and out of religion at times in their lives for one reason or another. If Rebecca’s family believes she had a strong religious foundation, so be it. Rebecca’s prior theft and affairs had nothing to do with this crime (murder) either.

Mary and the family did not find out about the shoplifting until it came out in the paper. Mary also did not know that Rebecca had lived with Robert Berger, another multi-millionaire, for many months will she was married to Neil. As for the other relationships, I don’t think that was covered in Mary’s deposition excerpts that I’ve seen.

Where is this information, please? I'd like to take a look at it. TIA

What time is the trial going to convene? Anybody know? TIA

Honestly, if I were on the jury, religion wouldn’t be something I would focus on. People fall into and out of religion at times in their lives for one reason or another. If Rebecca’s family believes she had a strong religious foundation, so be it. Rebecca’s prior theft and affairs had nothing to do with this crime (murder) either.

Agree. The family's argument that she wouldn't kill herself because of her faith is neither here nor there. Her manner of death is what's important, along with whether AS caused her death.

I stated he had been very busy, not only working, but completing his Undergraduate degree in American Literature and studying for and passing two of the hardest maritime tests there are.

I also said that Jonah “fixing” criminal things Adam had done in the past is rampant speculation, not based on fact in any way, shape, or form. Nothing in Adam’s past indicates he has criminal tendencies.

Imp, I think it is a good think no one that posts here is on the jury, as everyone seems to have an opinion one way or the other, and all the evidence has not been presented yet!

There is no evidence that Adam has done anything in all the little towns up and down the Mississippi, as a poster speculated, and he has risen in the ranks of his company to the highest position. He also completed a degree in
American Literature and completed two higher exams that would allow him to pilot on open water. It doesn’t sound like he has had much time for shenanigans, and the jury may be likely to think that as well.

The jury will only be able to consider what is said in court not including what the Attorneys say, but only the witnesses.

You stated he had been very busy.

That quantification is your opinion.

I pointed out he didn’t seem too busy to me that is my opinion.

You said passing the hardest maritime test there are.

I posted a link saying any high school graduate can achieve his level.

PS. It seemed to me that the posts were implying inside knowledge of his work ethic and qualifications that are beyond what is known and what it appears to be on the surface.

I apologize if I misunderstood your level of personal acquaintance of AS.

Opinions are my own, and comment based on JS court testimony with absolutely no intent to violate TOS

After listening to JS testimony (about his then teen daughter), I was reminded of something my Grandfather would say: to enjoy a long life, keep free of 13 year old's and bad teeth! Glad "13" ends after 12 months! Humor aside, it was sad to hear how RZ initially forced to physically remove her possessions and move out (after only one weekend) due to a teens reaction that her Dad and RZ would be living together. Good grief JS-- what a way to empower a 13 yr old! Any surprise there was no change in attitude to July 2011. Also, some of RZ paintings just submitted to court evidence, and hope it's to exhibit RZ spirit and not a portrayal of "door art."

Also, information allegedly shared on their VERY first date in October, 2009.

Wow, with that attitude of "anything to make a child happy" it seems more likely Rebecca would need to be punished for Max getting hurt.

With all due respect, as a person who was "not allowed" to live with my dad after stepmom moved in (similarly, my sibling was kicked out as soon as she turned 18), I personally think the child should always come first. My stepmother's children (who are older than my sibling and I) lived there but we couldn't. Of course tons of factors come into play and there are various options for handling these things. But I will never feel that the child shouldn't come first after what my sister and I experienced, so I can't judge JH too harshly on that without knowing more.

I agree. Much has been made of the fact that RZ would not commit suicide because her religion forbids it. Her religion forbids adultery...according to her ex-husband’s testimony, she had numerous affairs. She was in her late twenties...not a teenager...when she stole $1000 worth of jewelry. That is also contrary to her professed faith.

These are the type of arguments that actually undermine the case for the plaintiff...because they are patently untrue. Argue for murder but don’t use false arguments to undercut suicide. The truth doesn’t need to be propped up with misstatements like this. Did the family not know of the affairs and theft?

BBM Back when this crime happened I was on the Coronado Patch with other posters and it was explained how this theft came about, she was going to pay for whatever it was and somehow things got twisted. Whatever the explanation was it satisfied my as far as her not stealing anything.

With all due respect, as a person who was "not allowed" to live with my dad after stepmom moved in (similarly, my sibling was kicked out as soon as she turned 18), I personally think the child should always come first. My stepmother's children (who are older than my sibling and I) lived there but we couldn't. Of course tons of factors come into play and there are various options for handling these things. But I will never feel that the child shouldn't come first after what my sister and I experienced, so I can't judge JH too harshly on that without knowing more.

I believe JS's teens lived with their mother and just visited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist