WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharedspirit, hi and thank you. I was raised upriver in the Ohio Valley. Does rt 79 go towards the Ohio side?I cant do too much on my moldy mobile phone. Whats the major job source there..military? 5 kids is alot, last time I was there it was in a horrible recession. Youns have had alot of rain too? If that river is over 6ft its running fast? poor little baby girl!

It doesn't seem possible that this can have a good ending...it seems she should have been found in a 7-8 hour search or however long it was...

It doesn't seem possible that this can have a good ending...it seems she should have been found in a 7-8 hour search or however long it was...

Sadly I am thinking along the same lines. And it breaks my heart for her family.

Checking in every little bit hoping for news, but I see thee is none. What a scary night this will be for Aliayah's family.

Sharedspirit, hi and thank you. I was raised upriver in the Ohio Valley. Does rt 79 go towards the Ohio side?I cant do too much on my moldy mobile phone. Whats the major job source there..military? 5 kids is alot, last time I was there it was in a horrible recession. Youns have had alot of rain too? If that river is over 6ft its running fast? poor little baby girl!

parkersburg wv here

What leads me to believe family hasn't named in the media is their first thoughts were the river.

I can also see a house full of young 'uns with some old enough to mind the littler ones while Mom is doing something else in another area of the home. A routine of sorts, but perhaps when everyone woke they assumed little Aliayah was watching tv with the other, or playing a game with the other... and it might have been a little while before she was noticed missing.

ETA: Kids are known to be tricksters too. there are times I have to let my son know I'm serious about something and not to kid with me. I'm not saying that is the case here, just something I can imagine.

BBM - that's very true. I know that she has 2 older girls that are old enough to have FB accounts (will not name names here).

She's a young mom herself, and perhaps assumed one of the older girls was taking care of the little one. She has a 9/10 month old baby, and she could have very well been busy with him, or the other toddler. I can definitely see that happening.

I only have one child, and am suprised at how busy he keeps me. Then again - he's a teen now, which I find much more difficult then caring for a baby ;)

It's been 17 hours now and I'm getting very nervous. The search in the lake was suspended several hours ago, and searching land/water will resume in the morning.

Where is this child!!

Mel

The FB page for Aliayah Lunsford (3): Missing from Weston, West Virginia since 09/24/2011 is asking people to send in photos of Aliayah. I noticed another piccie of her (similar, but at a different angle).

Poor little girl - she doesn't look happy at all. I pray this isn't a representation of what life is like for her.

lunsford.jpg

Mel

I wouldn't think the older kids would have been up at 6:30AM on a Saturday...but I imagine the little ones might be. Who saw her?? And where??

I wouldn't think the older kids would have been up at 6:30AM on a Saturday...but I imagine the little ones might be. Who saw her?? And where??

Good point. if the 2 older girls were sleeping, that leaves us with a toddler (3rd child born and I don't know the age - just guessing). The youngest of the 5 is about 10 months old.

I really hope someone was up at that hour. And how did they lock doors, etc. Any sign of forced entry? do they have a dog?

So many questions.

Mel

Just a thought on being seen at 6:30. If she woke up and went to see her parents, that's early enough (depending on the family's schedule) that they might have sent her back to bed. She could have left the room, parents thinking to go back to the bedroom, and went out the front door instead. If the parents were half asleep and/or the door wasn't very loud, they likely wouldn't have noticed.

She has very soulful eyes. It's a shame there aren't better pictures, but that isn't necessarily indicative of anything- my kids have gone through stages where they refuse to smile for the camera (the younger child has a pout face that makes everybody melt all over her, so she pulls that out for pictures), refusing to have their picture taken, had only pictures not media friendly taken (the nudist stage), or I haven't taken pictures because the camera or cord/card reader was broken/lost, there weren't any big events that I absolutely had to capture, or I haven't gotten around to transferring off the pictures (see card reader issues.) The missing teeth might be worrisome, or might be from bad genetics (unlikely, but my younger-than-Aaliyah child has at least one noticeale hole despite brushing her teeth constantly; we won't know until her dentist appoinment whether it's a chip from her... adventurish nature, or if she's inherited her father's terrible teeth) or an accident. I don't know- something about the dogs following her scent to the river makes me think it was an accident. That doesn't preclude the timeline being suspicious or that there might have been abuse or unhappiness in the household (which I hate to speculate on without any evidence except pictures that could have been taken in my house, so that is all I'll say on the topic), but my gut feeling is she wandered away.

I hope I can shed some light on the area here. I lived in Bendale and moved less than a mile down the road. My child's school bus stop is in front of the Armory. I walk my dog through the neighborhood often. First, Bendale is not a town, but a neighborhood of Weston. It is very small. I don't go Dennison, but walk the roads on either side. Most of the houses on Dennison, their backyards go out to the next street over. Then, the houses that front the next street, their backyard is on the river. The road at the end has a one-lane wooden bridge that crosses the river with no railing. She would not have far to go to get to the river. The river does curve around and runs up the other side of Hwy 19, so yes Bendale is more or less surrounded by it. The story from one of the neighbors that went to help search is the mother woke up at 6 and Aliayah was still asleep. When mom woke up again, the door was open and she was gone. The family has only been living there for about a month. One of my fellow bus parents that lives on the same street said they were not very sociable. He also said he was up at 6 and did not see Aliayah. The timing of everything is what throws me off, makes me wonder when the authorities were notified. It was late morning or noon when the neighbor went to help search. She heard about it from someone else who has a scanner. They had dogs, but didn't bring the bloodhounds in until 2:30 or 3. The sheriff also lives in the neighborhood, he should know the area very well.

:welcome: Wenc and thank you so much for the local information. I've walked around on google maps and I would think with the Seven-11 being right there that someone would have seen a toddler crossing a major road. Six-thirtyish on a weekday morning I would think there would be a decent amount of traffic with people going to or from work. Main St. is the main thoroughfare correct?
The story of Aliayah missing when her parents awoke just doesn't jell with me. I'm thinking there is much more to the story and I don't think it's going to end well at all.
Any word at all on Mom' demeanor or on exactly who lives in the house?

Were the doors left unlocked? Did they have a sliding patio door that was left open? Not sure about WV but here 6:30 is still quite dark out. Sunrise is just around that time and depending on the weather. If sunny, cloudy, etc.

Would a 3 year old venture outside in the dark?

OK found surise and sunset for WV. Sunrise would've been at 7:17 when she went missing.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=62

She went missing Saturday morning, so there was probably not much traffic at 6:30am on a Saturday.

I wish we knew what time everyone woke. It would answer some of these questions.

Yes, Hwy 19 is the main road in and out. At this time, the end that goes to downtown Weston is closed for construction. The only way to downtown is one narrow road across the river (and it is closed while the school buses run) and I-79, so there is much less traffic than usual, but still quite a bit. I-79 runs near there too, but you have to go up a big steep hill to get to it. The river is deep in some spots and very shallow in others. Very muddy bottom, you would sink to your knees if you stepped in it. No water moccasins around here, mostly copperheads and timber rattlers are the poisonous ones. The river does have rather large carp. The city water is by the river on Hwy 19. There's a little dam that goes across the river, maybe 3 or 4 feet high, but the water is swift there. The wooden bridge I mentioned earlier is what scares me. It would be very east to fall off that. I did find a birth announcement for one of the younger children. I do not think the older children live with them. They may have a different mother. The armory is the bus stop for the area, so if she had older children, they would catch the bus there. There are a couple of older girls that catch the bus there that I haven't met yet, so they could belong to her.

Was hoping to hear lil Aliayah had been found by now. Shes only a a baby. Shes weighing heavily on my mind.. poor lil thing..Im praying you are safe..

Yes, Hwy 19 is the main road in and out. At this time, the end that goes to downtown Weston is closed for construction. The only way to downtown is one narrow road across the river (and it is closed while the school buses run) and I-79, so there is much less traffic than usual, but still quite a bit. I-79 runs near there too, but you have to go up a big steep hill to get to it. The river is deep in some spots and very shallow in others. Very muddy bottom, you would sink to your knees if you stepped in it. No water moccasins around here, mostly copperheads and timber rattlers are the poisonous ones. The river does have rather large carp. The city water is by the river on Hwy 19. There's a little dam that goes across the river, maybe 3 or 4 feet high, but the water is swift there. The wooden bridge I mentioned earlier is what scares me. It would be very east to fall off that. I did find a birth announcement for one of the younger children. I do not think the older children live with them. They may have a different mother. The armory is the bus stop for the area, so if she had older children, they would catch the bus there. There are a couple of older girls that catch the bus there that I haven't met yet, so they could belong to her.

Has the search restarted yet for today and are any volunteer search teams being assembled? Has there been any support centres (food/water) setup for the searchers. Is there a command centre setup?

Lots of questions ....sorry. Just want to know that all that can be done is being done to find this precious little baby.

On the "find Aliayah facebook page" there is reference to Aliayah case". Now that just takes my mind back to the words used for the recent search for Kerra W. Why is it being referred to as a case instead of words like missing/endangered missing.

Just being a bit on the jaded side lately and shouldn't pay so much attention to choice of words no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly