WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 cents on dental problems in preschoolers-

Missing teeth can be caused by several reasons. From my experience as a dental assistant- neglect is the #1 cause. Not the only cause, but the main reason. And most parents did not think it was a 'big deal' We often heard 'so what? They're baby teeth and will fall out anyway.' However, the permanent teeth and the gums can be affected if the decay is severe enough.

jmo

I saw an interesting photo on facebook of the SD on facebook of a previous arrest. Can I post it? Just the photo and not the link? I'm still new so not trying to break any rules.

complete shocker huh? I know we can not discuss it until/if SD becomes a POI. But I am unsure if that picture, which is probably the same one I saw a couple hours ago, I don't know if it can be posted... Obviously the facial picture has been put on WS, but not with the words.....

WESTON — Federal and state agencies are treating the disappearance of 3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford, who has now been missing for five days, as a crime.

A press conference was called Tuesday afternoon to inform the public of a change in leadership. The FBI, U.S. Marshals and State Police are now “fully involved,” FBI Special Agent John Hambrick announced.

The Lewis County Sheriff’s Department and surrounding agencies and volunteers are still actively involved as well.

Crews are searching for the child “as if she is still alive,” using a more “comprehensive, scientific search,” Hambrick said.

“We are able to bring in more experienced experts who are more specialized and equipped to address these kinds of crimes,” he said.

Pressed on his use of the word “crime,” Hambrick replied that nothing is being ruled out and the girl’s disappearance “is best addressed as a potential crime at this time.”

The agent declined to release information about the child’s father or the background of other family members living in the home.

Previous interviews with local law enforcement revealed that Lunsford lived in the Bendale community with her mother, who is eight months pregnant for twins, and four siblings, ages 11 years to 9 months.

When questioned about registered sex offenders living in the area, Hambrick said they are “aware.”

“We have an awareness of a variety of things,” he said.

Dive teams and volunteers continued to search the river and surrounding woods Tuesday.

Hambrick declined to comment on when search efforts would discontinue.

“The investigation will continue,” he said, stressing the word “investigation.”

The FBI’s involvement and leadership allows the search to be much more “structured,” Lewis County Sheriff Michael Gissy said.

full article: http://www.cpubco.com/articles/2011/09/29/news/01.txt

My 2 cents on dental problems in preschoolers-

Missing teeth can be caused by several reasons. From my experience as a dental assistant- neglect is the #1 cause. Not the only cause, but the main reason. And most parents did not think it was a 'big deal' We often heard 'so what? They're baby teeth and will fall out anyway.' However, the permanent teeth and the gums can be affected if the decay is severe enough.

jmo

I wonder if well water would have something to do with it!!!! I know Bendale
can get city water but since the family had only been in the house 3 weeks perhaps they lived somewhere with well water before that.......

Case album updated a bit, nothing much new. The pic of the SD is on the last page.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Aliayah%20Lunsford%20%20-WV-/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ12

Here's the 4 pics we've seen of Aliayah. Top 2 were taken April 2010. Bottom 2 were taken December 2010.
Aliayahx4-but2dates-Apr2010Dec2010.jpg
[/IMG]

Hmmm well it isn't showing up, but it is the first pic on page 1.

Gosh, I will be heartbroken if Aliayah turns into another Madeleine or Kyron, another child that deserves their story to be heard and justice to be done, even if they're no longer with us to tell it.

I don't think her eyes are from abuse. They look like typical "allergic shiners".

I'm so glad you said that. I started to say it a while back and just didn't want to hear it when everyone let me have it! I have a son who took allergy shots all through his childhood and his eyes looked like that when the allergies got bad. The vomiting and diarrea were another thing we dealt with. Thanks for bringing it up.

I know it has only (!) been six days, but I can't help thinking about Kyron, Haliegh, Joshua, etc...it seems children are usually found fairly quickly, or not at all.

Case album updated a bit, nothing much new. The pic of the SD is on the last page.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Aliayah%20Lunsford%20%20-WV-/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ12

Here's the 4 pics we've seen of Aliayah. Top 2 were taken April 2010. Bottom 2 were taken December 2010.
Aliayahx4-but2dates-Apr2010Dec2010.jpg
[/IMG]

Hmmm well it isn't showing up, but it is the first pic on page 1.

Can we show the document from mother's suit with the department of corrections for sexual assult???? I wonder if the unknown person mentioned in the suit could have been threating the mother?????:sick:

JMHO

Exactly!!!!! I think I will still call again today!!!! Couldn't hurt.

:crazy:

If you do call again :)

four essential roles that a Free Press serves:
1. holding government leaders accountable to the people,
2. publicizing issues that need attention,
3. educating citizens so they can make informed decisions, and
4. connecting people with each other in civil society.

just saying...

I don't remember those two ever going silent this early. But, my memory is off at times. Also... neither of their homes had crime scene tape surrounding them, with the families being told to leave. :banghead:

Hi :)

The Cummings house was considered a crime scene from the get-go, and the family lived in a tent outside. We even had a thread about it here because LE kept the home for so long.

Crime scene tape and Haleigh's house - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

In the Hailey Dunn case, it was a bit different. Because she was a teenager, LE just took it upon themselves to declare her a runaway. It took LE and FBI over a week to figure out a crime had been committed. While I don't recall seeing crime tape, the home was searched shortly after 1/5/2011.

Officials also confirmed that Hailey’s home was searched Wednesday for any clues that may have been missed earlier.

The search was conducted by the Texas Rangers, who looked through the home then spent 10 minutes in an outdoor storage shed.

It turned out both families were involved in criminal behaviour, with Ron and Misty now behind bars, and Billie Jean Dunn was arrested also, with Shawn being accused of having all kinds of *advertiser censored* in the home (no arrests made for that).

I don't know what's going to happen in this case...but I can't help but feel this case may go down that same path.

Just my opinion - thanks.

Mel

I've been out all day and was hoping to come back and Aliayah would be home and safe. Seems like a lot is going on and she's still missing. Draining the river now.

I wish things had moved this fast sooner.......

Just a thought re: the teeth. In reality, baby A lost her teeth at the age of 2 right? She just turned 3 in late July, and the pictures we see appear to be as early as Christmas, 2010.

Isn't 2 years old a bit young to lose 4 teeth when secondary teeth come in around 6 or 7?

The 4 lost teeth would be relatively new I would think. I would really like to know how she lost them.

First in, first out

A child's 20 baby teeth, which typically come in by age 3, usually fall out in the order in which they came in.

That means the lower center teeth (lower center incisors) are usually the first to go, around age 5 or 6. The top center pair is next. A baby tooth typically doesn't loosen until the permanent tooth below pushes it up to take its place.

Some children lose their first tooth as early as 4 or as late as 7. Generally, the younger the child was when the teeth came in, the earlier they fall out.

Source: http://www.babycenter.com/0_losing-baby-teeth-what-to-expect-and-when_3658971.bc

I keep watching hoping to hear that Aliayah has been found. So sad to hear very little news on this cute little darling girl.

I have a question. I apologize, as I have not yet read the entire thread. I have only lurked occasionally. Could it be possible that beautiful Aliayah has some kind of medical condition that makes her frown? It has always bothered me that in her pictures she is frowning (except for the almost grin with the doritos). She just looks sad, and the sadness actually seems to reach her eyes. But, I am hoping that there may be some medical condition that could cause this downward turning of her mouth?

If this little girl is 3 i dont see anything wrong with her loosing her teeth that is something that all kids do has nothing to do with money and going to the dentist you'll have to take that up with good old mother nature i believe as thats just the way life works.

teeth not growing in at 3 years old is VERY rare and would be a concern for a Dr. or Dentist. Teeth are used for eating.. if the teeth had not come in at 3 years old that is a concern.. big concern.

If the teeth have all ready come in and now the baby teeth are out waiting on permanent teeth to come in.. again VERY rare that at least one would not be cutting through.

FOUR teeth to be missing on a 3 year old is very suspicious.
Children do have different patterns with when teeth come in and when they come out.. however it is NOT consistant with medical and dental normal development for a 3 year old to have 4 missing front teeth.

Looking at statistics it would be more common for the teeth to be missing due to injury and NOT medical.

Injury doesnt mean mom did anything.. it may simply mean a fall or baseball hit her .. many things that can cause tooth injury.. but mother nature does not naturally have a 3 year old with FOUR missing teeth.. one or two.. i would buy it not four.

teeth not growing in at 3 years old is VERY rare and would be a concern for a Dr. or Dentist. Teeth are used for eating.. if the teeth had not come in at 3 years old that is a concern.. big concern.

If the teeth have all ready come in and now the baby teeth are out waiting on permanent teeth to come in.. again VERY rare that at least one would not be cutting through.

FOUR teeth to be missing on a 3 year old is very suspicious.
Children do have different patterns with when teeth come in and when they come out.. however it is NOT consistant with medical and dental normal development for a 3 year old to have 4 missing front teeth.

Looking at statistics it would be more common for the teeth to be missing due to injury and NOT medical.

Injury doesnt mean mom did anything.. it may simply mean a fall or baseball hit her .. many things that can cause tooth injury.. but mother nature does not naturally have a 3 year old with FOUR missing teeth.. one or two.. i would buy it not four.

I hope LE is pulling dental records. Even if she had an accident, there should be a dental visit.

Also, would baby A be expected to eat properly with 4 missing teeth until her big teeth came in? That could be several years.

Baby A could have a dentist, could be set up with dental care to help her with the missing teeth - I just don't know.

I wasn't so bothered, but realizing that she just turned 3, and already lost 4 teeth, does bother me. It was 4 top right? Or 2 up/2 below. I forgot.

Thanks,

Mel

http://www.theintermountain.com/page/content.detail/id/546530.html
Hambrick said he is confident people in the south Weston neighborhood are safe, and officials are making good progress with the investigation.

He added that some interviews were being conducted for a second time as investigators were "closing gaps" in information.

BBM- sounds like there isn't any worry of any other children being abducted out of their beds, does it?

I really wish that this case was getting more media attention. I am in another state however I watch Nancy Grace and JVM for these type of matters. I am more interested in finding a little girl vs finding out who is responsible for a susperstar's drug overdose.

Michael Jackson is deceased.. this little girl MAY be alive.
The next time a caller calls into the NG show and says somthing to the extent of "I love all you do for children".... they will instead say.. "it is nice what you do for children when there is not a high profile case in the news".... God Bless and help the little one's that go missing when there is a high profile case.

Posted 2 hours go by Lewis Co. Info,News & Talk in regards to why the lack of media coverage nd why no press conference coverage

"However, the FBI directed them to not ask certain questions and that they are not to implicate Aliayah's mother."

https://www.facebook.com/LewisCountyTalk

This is NOT the rumor site, but the one that is ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member