WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's 2:10 Eastern !!! Where's our news update & no i'm not impatient,lol.

I can't even find a mention of it anywhere - WDTV doesn't have the live banner, and I can't even see a hint that it was scheduled.

I am on wsaz and did they remove the notice? I can't find it.

Okay, I just now heard the reporter at noon say it would be "in about two hours".

I am just wondering... if he is the bio dad of all the kids, except for Baby A.

This case reminds me of 2 or 3 yr. old J. Davis who went missing in Jan. 2011 from his mobile home after supper with 9 people right there. Mom is also very pregnant. Multiple searches, no sign he wondered, no sign of abduction. Father took several polys, Mom couldn't (pregnancy), she delivers, baby was taken/given to Grandmother by DCS. 3 months after birth, when Mom was cleared to take poly it is unclear if she did take one. Almost 8 months later ~ no Joshua ~ no arrests. Tragic and I hope this won't be the same for A.

WDTV newsroom was contacted, and because there was no new news, the press conference was not televised.

What I don't understand is, why are the reporters not asking more pointed questions? I have noticed that these reporters are very standoff-ish and practically expect the story to fall into their laps. We need some aggressive reporters to start investigating on their own...

I've seen it posted a couple of times that on Tuesday the mom was in labor....has she delivered yet or is she still in labor? Also does anyone know the SD is helping with the search? Are the other children back in school? Is grandma taking care of the 10 mo old? nybody have any of this information?

WESTON, W.Va. (AP) - Authorities are continuing extensive grid searches as they try to find a missing 3-year-old Lewis County girl.

FBI Special Agent John Hambrick says investigators want to besure they've hit every nook and cranny as they hunt for Aliayah Lunsford of Bendale.

She vanished Saturday morning.

Sgt. Mike Posey of the sheriff's department is still calling it a rescue mission, and investigators are proceeding Thursday as if the girl is still alive.

Authorities have yet to declare Aliayah's disappearance a crime. Hambrick told media outlets only that it's a possibility.

Police say the doors and windows of the family's home were secure, and there were no signs of forced entry.

Volunteer coordinator Chris Strader says as many as 1,800 people a day have helped in the search.
http://www.wtap.com/home/headlines/Search_For_Missing_WV_Girl_Now_In_5th_Day_130743308.html

WDTV newsroom was contacted, and because there was no new news, the press conference was not televised.

What I don't understand is, why are the reporters not asking more pointed questions? I have noticed that these reporters are very standoff-ish and practically expect the story to fall into their laps. We need some aggressive reporters to start investigating on their own...

You are so right. That is exactly why national media is beneficial, they will insist on questioning the reluctant. Can't they spare a few from California? Aliayah deserves better.

Favor, please... yesterday I watched a vid with a few images of CSI at the Lunsford home. I cannot find it today.

Anyone remember or have this link handy? Thanks.

I've seen it posted a couple of times that on Tuesday the mom was in labor....has she delivered yet or is she still in labor? Also does anyone know the SD is helping with the search? Are the other children back in school? Is grandma taking care of the 10 mo old? nybody have any of this information?

The stepfather is not helping with the search. A 20ish cousin of the child was searching on Tuesday and telling everyone he was the cousin. He was warned that he would be the target of news reporters if he kept running his mouth. Some of the volunteers have made comments that the mother had not even come to the church to thank those who are volunteering their time.

The only thing that the immediate family did was to take food and supplies to the family from the Bendale church, that is until the family was relocated.

You are so right. That is exactly why national media is beneficial, they will insist on questioning the reluctant. Can't they spare a few from California? Aliayah deserves better.

Unfortunately with the MJ murder trial in progress, MSM can't be bothered with any other news. They are all about ratings and apparently feel that a missing child wouldn't trump Michael Jackson right now. Nancy Grace/HLN would normally be all over this story. We know NG is too obsessed with DWTS and her dance partner to even care. If people didn't realize it before, this should be a wake up call: news personalities like Nancy Grace, Jane Velez Mitchell, etc, could not care less about people, they care about ratings & keeping their show on the air. Thank goodness for websleuths & the locals here on this site. If not for them, we would know even less than we do now.

BBM: I totally agree !

IMO ... the national media that would "normally" cover a story like Aliayah's [HLN] is "too busy" covering the CM Trial, which IMO is not that important. :silenced:

I am just wondering "out loud" here ... but could it be that the "local" reporters are not as "experienced" in covering stories like this one ? You know, like a "small town" used to just "regular type" news stories ... but here is a story that is receiving "national attention" and are overwhelmed ?

Also want to say a BIG Thank You :tyou: to all the locals for their updates and to those here at WS for the updates !

Hoping that Aliayah is found SOON !

MOO ...

Unfortunately with the MJ murder trial in progress, MSM can't be bothered with any other news. They are all about ratings and apparently feel that a missing child wouldn't trump Michael Jackson right now. Nancy Grace/HLN would normally be all over this story. We know NG is too obsessed with DWTS and her dance partner to even care. If people didn't realize it before, this should be a wake up call: news personalities like Nancy Grace, Jane Velez Mitchell, etc, could not care less about people, they care about ratings & keeping their show on the air. Thank goodness for websleuths & the locals here on this site. If not for them, we would know even less than we do now.

Agreed. HLN covered nothing but Casey's trial when that was going on, basically ignoring any current missing persons cases.
I am sure NG still has control over her show, even on days she is not there.

On another note, while I know LE has to keep up hopes that this child is alive, it is a little hard to believe that they keep saying this while draining ponds, etc...it is clear they are looking for a body, not because they know she isn't alive, but I really think they don't know much more than they did on Saturday.

BBM: I totally agree !

IMO ... the national media that would "normally" cover a story like Aliayah's [HLN] is "too busy" covering the CM Trial, which IMO is not that important. :silenced:

I am just wondering "out loud" here ... but could it be that the "local" reporters are not as "experienced" in covering stories like this one ? You know, like a "small town" used to just "regular type" news stories ... but here is a story that is receiving "national attention" and are overwhelmed ?

Also want to say a BIG Thank You :tyou: to all the locals for their updates and to those here at WS for the updates !

Hoping that Aliayah is found SOON !

MOO ...

It would be nice if one of the local reporters decided to 'shine' and do the hard asked questions right now, wouldn't it?

WSAZ is most likely sending out the young ones as mentioned earlier. I think regardless of how aggressive they would be they aren't going to learn anything from LE at this time. An end to this nightmare would make us all feel better.

I am also curious as to whether the mother has had her twins yet. Seems that should be very EASY to find out.

Thanks to all the Weston locals for keeping us up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member