WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately with the MJ murder trial in progress, MSM can't be bothered with any other news. They are all about ratings and apparently feel that a missing child wouldn't trump Michael Jackson right now. Nancy Grace/HLN would normally be all over this story. We know NG is too obsessed with DWTS and her dance partner to even care. If people didn't realize it before, this should be a wake up call: news personalities like Nancy Grace, Jane Velez Mitchell, etc, could not care less about people, they care about ratings & keeping their show on the air. Thank goodness for websleuths & the locals here on this site. If not for them, we would know even less than we do now.

:goodpost:

I totally agree ! These are excellent points !

moo ...

Seems like a lot of the talk (on all the boards) has gone quiet... I guess everyone is just waiting!

Seems like a lot of the talk (on all the boards) has gone quiet... I guess everyone is just waiting!

Appears so :( I'm kinda hanging in the background waiting for word that I think many of us are expecting. Unfortunately, this rings of Hailey Dunn and Haleigh Cummings at the same time -- neither of which have been found.

Hugs,

Mel

WDTV newsroom was contacted, and because there was no new news, the press conference was not televised.

What I don't understand is, why are the reporters not asking more pointed questions? I have noticed that these reporters are very standoff-ish and practically expect the story to fall into their laps. We need some aggressive reporters to start investigating on their own...

I can answer your question!!! I have called 2 stations and spoken with "someone important". Each of the four times I called I was told "we report when LE has something to report" and also "LE" does not want the media involved unless there is something to report".

Go figure :banghead:

Appears so :( I'm kinda hanging in the background waiting for word that I think many of us are expecting. Unfortunately, this rings of Hailey Dunn and Haleigh Cummings at the same time -- neither of which have been found.

Hugs,

Mel

Im trying to stay as hopeful as i can for this lil angel... But everyday that goes by, my heart just sinks. Where are you, Aliayah??

I think the mom probably could not afford the cost of the dental work. I am not holding up for her but with all of those children and probably not very much money she couldn't pay for it. Dental work is so expensive. I live in Missouri and the county I live in has a Smile Mobile where 4 dentists take turns and do dental work on children according to income of the parents and alot of it for free. Very nice service in our community, my daughter had bad teeth when she was about the same age and had 2 front teeth pulled it wasen't from bottle rot but due to medicine I had to take for severe UTI's when I was pregnant. She did have the little retainer but my insurance paid for half and me and my parents paid the other half. Then she went on to needing braces later. I tease her she has a 5000 dollor mouth but she has beautiful teeth. Thank God I has the dental insurance thru my job and generous parents to help me but not everyone is so lucky. I hope they find this sweetie but I fear it is bad and I do think the mom knows more than she is saying

I'm assuming that this family qualifies for WV medicaid. If that is the case then dental for the children is covered. So not having the money for it wouldn't be an excuse. Not caring would be the only plausible excuse for her loss of teeth.

tlcox, my HS/college best friend owns the lunatic asylum. I saw her on Ghost Hunters a few years ago and was like "woah". lol

I can answer your question!!! I have called 2 stations and spoken with "someone important". Each of the four times I called I was told "we report when LE has something to report" and also "LE" does not want the media involved unless there is something to report".

:floorlaugh: That is just stupid funny! Explains alot too!

My 3 yr old had to have her front tooth pulled. She has Enamel hypoplasia. Her enamel didnt form correctly. So within 6 months of her cleaning, til the next, she had a cavity that made it to the nerve. Only 1, yet they wanted to pull two, it helps secure that the adult teeth grow in straighter, if both teeth are pulled instead of one. There could be so many reasons of why her 4 teeth are gone..

Just figured Id throw my 2 cents in there..

How is that a bad thing? Keeping mis-info off the airwaves. They cannot be faulted for inventing news at the very least.

Wow - I guess the days of investigative reporting died with the Watergate scandal and Woodward & Bernstein (yes I am old enough to remember this, LOL). What happened to reporters who actually went out and looked for the story instead of expecting the story come to them? Now we know why they are called "talking heads" :sick:

This case reminds me of 2 or 3 yr. old J. Davis who went missing in Jan. 2011 from his mobile home after supper with 9 people right there. Mom is also very pregnant. Multiple searches, no sign he wondered, no sign of abduction. Father took several polys, Mom couldn't (pregnancy), she delivers, baby was taken/given to Grandmother by DCS. 3 months after birth, when Mom was cleared to take poly it is unclear if she did take one. Almost 8 months later ~ no Joshua ~ no arrests. Tragic and I hope this won't be the same for A.

I thought about this poor little baby when I heard about this case. Unbelievable that all those adults in that home don't know a dang thing.

Wow - I guess the days of investigative reporting died with the Watergate scandal and Woodward & Bernstein (yes I am old enough to remember this, LOL). What happened to reporters who actually went out and looked for the story instead of expecting the story come to them? Now we know why they are called "talking heads" :sick:

Yep, you made me remember Geraldo up in Ronald Cummings face making Ronald very uncomfortable with the hard questions. Only, Ronald's family came to his rescue and ran Geraldo out of town.....just when it was getting interesting.:crazy:

I saw an interesting photo on facebook of the SD on facebook of a previous arrest. Can I post it? Just the photo and not the link? I'm still new so not trying to break any rules.

Hugs,

Mel

I don't remember those two ever going silent this early. But, my memory is off at times. Also... neither of their homes had crime scene tape surrounding them, with the families being told to leave. :banghead:

STILL nothing new? That really concerns me.

Continuing to pray for Aliayah.

We sort of have to consider what's happened to newspapers in this country in the last 40 years if we wonder where all the great investigative reporting went. Print journalism is almost dead, replaced by hit-and-miss TV news and the quantity but not quality that is the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member