WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just putting this out there. Could be a stretch? Is LE handling Mom with kidgloves to avoid any lawsuit down the road? She is about to give birth and sometimes twin births have extra risks. LE causing undue stress.

I have wondered the same thing Bravo. LE has at least two good reasons to back off from implicating Mom 1)protect the life of the innocent unborn babies & 2) protect themselves from a lawsuit down the road.

I keep watching hoping to hear that Aliayah has been found. So sad to hear very little news on this cute little darling girl.

I have a question. I apologize, as I have not yet read the entire thread. I have only lurked occasionally. Could it be possible that beautiful Aliayah has some kind of medical condition that makes her frown? It has always bothered me that in her pictures she is frowning (except for the almost grin with the doritos). She just looks sad, and the sadness actually seems to reach her eyes. But, I am hoping that there may be some medical condition that could cause this downward turning of her mouth?

Some kids prefer to frown or have naturally sad mouths with no medical condition involved. My daughter regularly frowns in posed pictures. She has a very expressive face, so when she looks sad it causes pretty much every person within a ten mile radius to coo and fuss over her. She pulls that same face for photos, because people like it so why not? In the candid shot (where Aliayah is running with the bag of Doritos), she is smiling and seemingly happy like any other child. There's also only, what, four pictures from two events? Two of the photos look like they were snapped one after the other and she is overtired , one is happy, and one is sad (or "sad") and contemplative.

I wasn't so bothered, but realizing that she just turned 3, and already lost 4 teeth, does bother me. It was 4 top right? Or 2 up/2 below. I forgot.

Thanks,

Mel

Snipped for space- it's the front four teeth on the top. I'm no dental expert, but given my own experiences with cavities vs. injuries, that looks more like an injury to me.

They have not said whether or not SD is still showing up and working his full shift have they?
I'm guessing he is at the hospital with the mom anticipating the birth of twins?

I know, silly to even question anything now as almost everything said in MSM is "canned".

I have wondered the same thing Bravo. LE has at least two good reasons to back off from implicating Mom 1)protect the life of the innocent unborn babies & 2) protect themselves from a lawsuit down the road.

Yes and #1 being the most important for sure. Typically we see the a certain protocol in an abduction or even a child wandering. When i dont see that hinky meter goes off the charts.

Also when LE says next to nothing. It screams volumes.

Agreed. HLN covered nothing but Casey's trial when that was going on, basically ignoring any current missing persons cases.
I am sure NG still has control over her show, even on days she is not there.

On another note, while I know LE has to keep up hopes that this child is alive, it is a little hard to believe that they keep saying this while draining ponds, etc...it is clear they are looking for a body, not because they know she isn't alive, but I really think they don't know much more than they did on Saturday.

HLN and other media are undoubtedly monitoring social media and the Michael Jackson/Dr Murray trial is higher up on the public barometer.

Also when LE says next to nothing. It screams volumes.

I find in most of the cases where LE was totally silent, they ended up knowing little to nothing, no one is arrested for the crime and/or no body is discovered.

Then you take a case like Kienans where LE is on the spot with the media, answering questions, making informative statements and they not only have a live child but an arrest.

There are many things they could say that wouldn't harm the investigation...like where they are looking! The town knows it! Doesn't hurt if alaska does too!

I am still not ruling out the possibility that this could be a staged abduction......IMO
1. Aliayah disappears right before Mom is due with twins
2. Parents both have police records which makes it almost impossible to get a decent paying job
3. With that many children, the reality is it would cost more for daycare than Mom would earn at a min. paying job
4. Aliayah disappeared approx a month after moving to a new home. From what I have seen, no locals really know them. So no neighbors know their routines.
5. Mom drove around for 2 hrs. She was spotted on all the cameras she wanted to be spotted on. She can be accounted for those 2 hrs. supposedly. But not once did she ask for help with her daughter.
6. I have reason to believe Mom followed the CA story.
7. Both parents would have some kind of connection to "unsavory" characters who would hide a child in exchange for money.

Desperate people do desperate things....and we all know there have been goodhearted people in every missing child case who are more than willing to open up their wallets.

It has been stated that step dad left for work and has been verified that step dad was present at work, correct? But has it been stated anywhere that step dad ever returned from work? Where is the step dad and where is Aliayah?

HLN and other media are undoubtedly monitoring social media and the Michael Jackson/Dr Murray trial is higher up on the public barometer.

They can cover whatever they choose, but NG and JVM should not be going on about being advocates if they simply follow trends, IMO.

I find in most of the cases where LE was totally silent, they ended up knowing little to nothing, no one is arrested for the crime and/or no body is discovered.

Then you take a case like Kienans where LE is on the spot with the media, answering questions, making informative statements and they not only have a live child but an arrest.

There are many things they could say that wouldn't harm the investigation...like where they are looking! The town knows it! Doesn't hurt if alaska does too![/QUOTE]

Did you mean to say Canada?

Uhmkay...what if we go over reasons they would stay hush hush like this, even to the point of silencing the media.

1. They don't want to compromise the integrity of the investigation.
2. They don't want a POI to run or leave the area.
3. They don't want a POI to commit suicide.
4. The POI ('s) not yet named are still talking and they don't want them to lawyer up.
5. Treat mom with kid gloves so as to avoid future lawsuit involving birth of twins.

What others can we think of?

6. They don't want a POI to harm Aliayah or others unknown (paraphrasing someone's addition to this list)
7. They have nothing to impart (paraphrasing another poster)
8. They do not want national attention or a circus like atmosphere to develop as has in other cases in recent years that have gained alot of press so therefore are disclosing next to nothing to the press other than what is already known in hopes that the attention will not develop so that they do not have PR as an added task to the already daunting one of figuring out where the heck this child has gone and how/why.

(my own addition to the list in color)

ETA fixed my color addition - reformat

I am still not ruling out the possibility that this could be a staged abduction......IMO
2. Parents both have police records which makes it almost impossible to get a decent paying job
3. With that many children, the reality is it would cost more for daycare than Mom would earn at a min. paying job
4. Aliayah disappeared approx a month after moving to a new home. From what I have seen, no locals really know them. So no neighbors know their routines.
5. Mom drove around for 2 hrs. She was spotted on all the cameras she wanted to be spotted on. She can be accounted for those 2 hrs. supposedly. But not once did she ask for help with her daughter.
7. Both parents would have some kind of connection to "unsavory" characters who would hide a child in exchange for money.

Desperate people do desperate things....and we all know there have been goodhearted people in every missing child case who are more than willing to open up their wallets.

Interesting, and has the benefit that, if this is the case, the child is still alive. It would remind of the Shannon Matthews "kidnapping" in England in 2008, a plan formulated by her mother in order to make £50,000. (Wiki)

You know that is always a possibility that I always worry about...con artists. The Matthews case in the UK hid their daughter for donations until they were caught. I lean against it here because nether Step-Dad nor Mom has been really in the spotlight giving interviews arranging events. Do we know if anyone is collecting donations specifically for the family? If so who? We read earlier that the church had been providing food for them until they left.

Following your's and Bravo's train of thought here, it is a matter of public record that mom has a pending lawsuit against the state or penal system regarding events alleged during a prior incarceration. It is possible the kid gloves are in play in addition to avoiding a possible future lawsuit, to avoid the appearance of being biased against she and her husband due to the pending suit.

Just ruminating here.

Also, there was an entire episode of NG about Aliayah's case, and an entire episode about the Conrad Murray trial so HLN could compare the ratings, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Murray episode had higher ratings. :/ You're going to have a lot of people who don't normally follow true crime or watch NG who will watch an episode about the Murray trial simply because it involves Michael Jackson. Personally, I don't like it when NG spends the entire episode on one subject unless it's a huge development. They should divide the show into 10-minute segments and talk about different cases.

Interesting, and has the benefit that, if this is the case, the child is still alive. It would remind of the Shannon Matthews "kidnapping" in England in 2008, a plan formulated by her mother in order to make £50,000. (Wiki)

This has been my thought since yesterday... one wonders if LE/FBI have evidence to suggest similar?
I also wonder if there isnt a little bit of 'staging' going on with the searches (tho it would be rather wasteful of resources... maybethey cant do much with the mum until she's delivered the babies).

It also crossed my mind that could they be in contact with 'someone' re Aliayah - some kind of known abductor/staged ransom situation? They couldnt admit it to the public domain if they couldnt be sure of her safety and if they did nothing (search etc) then the public would be up in arms...

Just a few thoughts - Moo!

Of course this would be ideal because then the baby would still be alive but they have to know with their records that they wouldn't exactly be seen as sympathetic. Look at how that kind of thinking backfired on someone like Octomom, who undoubtedly was dreaming of a big payoff when she had 8 babies but the public wasn't keen on giving money to someone who had such a history of bad decisions.

You know that is always a possibility that I always worry about...con artists. The Matthews case in the UK hid their daughter for donations until they were caught. I lean against it here because nether Step-Dad nor Mom has been really in the spotlight giving interviews arranging events. Do we know if anyone is collecting donations specifically for the family? If so who? We read earlier that the church had been providing food for them until they left.

I'm not saying that I think this is what happened....just leaving open the possibility and looking for anything that may lead me there. KWIM?
I haven't seen any pleas for money or anyone offering.....yet. And you're right...family is avoiding the spotlight. But that may be a smart thing. Anyone who follows missing kids cases know once the family starts being seen more, questions start being asked. And with the supposed background, there probably is a lot they don't want asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean