WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's wearisome, ain't it? There's a school of thought that says the stereotype was intentionally developed to ease the consciences of those exploiting our resources. It's one thing to take into account culture when analyzing a case, but it's just plain ignorant to impose a largely mythical stereotype and try to make the case fit into those parameters.

I really should go to bed. :seeya:
Excellent! Your sage wisdom applies to more than one case. May I quote you?

Question for any of the locals....did you attend any of the candlelight vigils last night? If so, was the family there?

Sorry for responding so late, but it's been a roller coaster of emotions here. My wife attended the vigil. The family was NOT at this vigil, nor at the vigil Friday night at Lewis County Park.

IMO economics do not make you an abuser, personality disorders do whether substance-induced, environmental, or genetic. Abusive people lay a lot of psychological groundwork before they start to abuse, be it mental, emotional, or physical abuse. You can have a job and still not provide food and shelter for your family. Just as being poor does not make you dirty.

Once again peeps I have to ask you to back up what you say with links from main stream media. Not blogs.

There needs to be a link that the mother used drugs or please do not continue to perpetuate that rumor. On WS we don't use blogs or personal comments found elsewhere. In order to give insider information here on WS, we verify our posters as being who they say they are.

So please, no more rumor posts. It is strictly against our TOS. And we have to clean up our posting to facts.

Thanks.

WBOY-TV in Clarksburg, WV broadcast it on Monday, with mom's booking photo in the foreground. They reported on the mom's record, stating that she also had a history of drug use. The video has been removed from the website, and is probably a result of LE's actions in this case.

The family has not been interviewed since Sunday, which in my opinion speaks volumes. They have not taken part in the search, nor have attended the vigils for their daughter.

Did you see the one I did about 4 posts back? I went ahead and did 100 miles radius although I don't think mom went that far. At 2 hours I think the most she could have gone is 70 miles and that would mean straight to wherever she went and straight back. I think the most realistic distance is 30-40 miles...but in what direction :dunno:

Remember, we are all operating on the assumption that the child was last seen at 6:30AM, and that the mother drove around looking for her from 9:30-11:30AM. The neighbor reported nothing out of the ordinary at 10AM.

If you consider the mother as a suspect, then you have to discount her statement on when Aliayah was seen last. This means that you take the last time the child was seen outside of the family (Friday evening) and when the child was reported missing. You then have a 12+ hour window of opportunity to remove evidence.

Mother grew up in Braxton and Gilmer counties, which are within 20 miles of the home.

Remember, we are all operating on the assumption that the child was last seen at 6:30AM, and that the mother drove around looking for her from 9:30-11:30AM. The neighbor reported nothing out of the ordinary at 10AM.

If you consider the mother as a suspect, then you have to discount her statement on when Aliayah was seen last. This means that you take the last time the child was seen outside of the family (Friday evening) and when the child was reported missing. You then have a 12+ hour window of opportunity to remove evidence.

Mother grew up in Braxton and Gilmer counties, which are within 20 miles of the home.

Honestly, I don't think Aliayah ever made it home Friday night after she messed up her clothes. I think that little incident right there is what caused someone to snap. I'd really like to know exactly where Aliayah was on Friday night when she messed up her clothes...I have a feeling they might find her somewhere in between there and her home. kwim

But mom & dad are such powerful entities in this culture (and most of them). Adopted children who have loving adoptive parents still go searching for birth parents. Children of absent fathers long for that relationship. It's complicated and child psychology isn't something I'm well versed in. But we're talking about important icons. Can you imagine what it's like to be in grade school in May making a Mother's Day card without a mom to give it to? Or not knowing what to say when some kid asks what your dad does?

It's tough being a kid.

As an adoptive parent, I can agree whole heartedly with the above statement.

If the Mom turns out to responsible for this I am positive that LE will not take her into custody before the twins are born. If they did, they would be responsible for medical bills and could be blamed for any complications due to the added stress. I base my opinion on what I've learned from being an LE wife for 16 years.

I would also like to request prayers for the twins' health. I am afraid that they have probably been exposed prenatally to nicotine, alcohol or other harmful substances. I am not stating this as fact , it is nothing but my own opinion and fear. I hope I am wrong!

I read the article (thank you Bessie for posting it, and Jeannie for bringing it over to this page).

The theory of Aliayah being taken to "protect her" makes sense to me, although I still question why someone would only take Aliayah if the home is full of several other children. Why would Aliayah have been singled out?

I will say though, despite the fact that I'm rather suspicious of both the stepfather and the mother, after reading numerous articles on the case and watching the press conferences, I just don't get the feeling that LE is. I really think LE is leaning towards baby Aliayah being taken by someone "from the outside" and while it still may be a relative or family member, it just seems to me like they aren't zeroing in on the family as much as I am.

Regardless, I just hope she is safe. It's 3:42am here and I'm awake thinking about her. :(

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Maybe she was singled out because she was sick or the most needy in some way, maybe treated different than the rest. If you can only sneak 1 out, which would you pick?

WBOY-TV in Clarksburg, WV broadcast it on Monday, with mom's booking photo in the foreground. They reported on the mom's record, stating that she also had a history of drug use. The video has been removed from the website, and is probably a result of LE's actions in this case.

The family has not been interviewed since Sunday, which in my opinion speaks volumes. They have not taken part in the search, nor have attended the vigils for their daughter.

Day 6 of Search for Missing Lewis County Girl
Posted Thursday, September 29, 2011 ; 06:20 PM
Updated Friday, September 30, 2011; 01:35 PM

Thursday FBI Press Conference

Aliayah Lunsford, 3, of Lewis County disappeared Saturday morning. The FBI is leading the investigation to find her.
By Stacy Jacobson

McHenry was not the only one to question Lena Lunsford's timing and questions in the community stretch beyond that.

Both Lena and Ralph Lunsford, Aliayah's stepfather, have questionable criminal backgrounds, including an unlawful assault charge in 2009 against Ralph Lunsford. Weston Democrat reporter John Wolfe remembered covering the case.

"It was alleged that he took an ax and threatened his niece, and broke out some of the windows in her vehicle," Wolfe said.

"Now I kind of wonder," McHenry said.

Wolfe's court research revealed Ralph has 16 past charges and Lena Lunsford has several too. Her's are not violent, but they include lying to police, forgery and receiving stolen property.

"They would make you question her integrity," Wolfe said

http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=109014&printview=1

I also have a bad feeling about grandma. Whe I watched the short interview with her and the mom on the porch, grandma seemed hinky to me. In fact,I got a more sincere vibe from the mom than from grandma. I could be imagining it I guess, but that is how I felt.

I wonder if the sleepover was at grandma's?

Who put Aliayah to bed Friday night at her home?

I also have a bad feeling about grandma. Whe I watched the short interview with her and the mom on the porch, grandma seemed hinky to me. In fact,I got a more sincere vibe from the mom than from grandma. I could be imagining it I guess, but that is how I felt.

I wonder if the sleepover was at grandma's?

Who put Aliayah to bed Friday night at her home?

IMO Grandma didn't show the emotion I would have shown and I felt it looked strange but she might have been holding it together for her daughter.

Maybe she was singled out because she was sick or the most needy in some way, maybe treated different than the rest. If you can only sneak 1 out, which would you pick?

Think about the difference in their ages (the 3 older children). A three year old is full of themselves, having accidents, curious about things, and demanding of mom's attention. So is a 10 month old (and that is scary). But you can put a 10 month old in a swing or playpen. Not a 3 year old.

I have been trying to figure out a reason that the mother of this babe went driving to look for the babe. Apparently, she didn't ask anyone if they had seen the child, didn't notify the neighbors, nor did she call 911. I can't help but believe that whatever happened to AL was in the house and she took the kids out for a drive while someone removed her.

That makes sense to me. Had she approached neighbors or asked anyone if they had seen a small girl wandering around then I might have believed the story. It just rings true to me that she was removing the other children so they didn't see whatever was wrong with the little girl.

Unless something like this is what happened the whole story is nonsense to me. JMO

I don't know if they have used cadaver dogs on this search. Anyone? I am sure they haven't reported any 'hits'. I have a question - if the cadaver dog does not hit on the house or their vehicle - is it pretty certain that there has been no dead body there?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68148749@N03/

Just a few photos of the search team, remoteness of the area and the dogs involved in the search.

Don't know if this makes any difference or has any significance but they have taken the central booking info off of the site. Still has all the other jails listed but not the one in Lewis county.

http://www.wvrja.com/

If someone were to tell me that this family was in the witness protection program...it certainly wouldn't surprise me at this point. :banghead: I simply do not understand all the secrecy here. I do not understand the lack of information and the censoring the media. Again I must ask WTH is really going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay