WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone local seen the mother since Friday evening when dhhr supposedly removed the children from the home?

Nothing specific about trash collection, but per Google I found that Waste Connections is the service provider in that area. I would guess that the family was trying to save money by not having curbside collection.

http://www.cityofwestonwv.com/city_directory.htm

Trash pickup is provided by a company called Weston Transfer. Cost of the service is $23 per month and you are given a sheet of labels to place on your bags. The weekly limit for a household is 6 bags.

Collection in the center of town is on Monday. I don't know if they collect the Bendale-area trash on the same day.

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/...inues-investigators-qnot-ruling-out-anythingq

This story says it was updated today but nothing new really. Says they are expanding to a five-mile radius in case she walked. (?) So they are still considering that I guess? Still have no idea?

I'm really surprised anyone would think the liklihood a 38 month old ill child with no shoes would 'wander' 5 miles, without getting hurt, falling asleep or becoming entangled in something. I know my almost 9 yr old doesn't like to walk through the grocery store (complains and wants to sit in the cart still) and he just accomplished his 1st 3 mile bike ride, with shoes and proper gear on a gravel path, with his grandfather. No way would he even be willing to ride 5 miles yet, let alone walk. Our drive to school is 3.9 miles one way and I can't imagine him walking that far.

My guess is the expanded range is simply because it is possible someone dumped the child that far.... and we know both parents had access to a vehicle. Mom in the am, and step dad overnight. And without having any real leads on a possible location the logical next step is to expand outward.

jmo

A press conference has been scheduled for 2 p.m. today in the lower gravel parking lot at Lewis County High School.

Officials with the Department of Health and Human Resources removed the remaining children from the Lunsford home, doing so with making any comment as to why.

The Dennison Street home in Weston was the last place that 3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford was seen more than a week ago.

It has also been reported Lena Lunsford, the mother of Aliayah Lunsford, has hired an attorney. The reason or circumstance as to why she may have employed legal counsel is unknown at this time.

http://www.theintermountain.com/page/content.detail/id/546625.html

Wonder if it will be informative or just a lot of words stating they know nothing again...?

Thanks for the nice "welcome"!! I wish we had better circumstances to meet!! I can't believe that a little one can just "vanish" into thin air!! The closer I get to graduation -the more I am not sure that this is right for me :(

Welcome CJMAJORGIRL24,,
I totally understand. I am two classes away from getting my AA in Criminal Justice and I sometimes wonder if I will make the difference that I would like to in the criminal justice system.

Not trying to spread a rumor but I read there may be a press conference tomorrow at 2pm. Just a heads up.
https://www.facebook.com/LewisCountyTalk?sk=wall

My wife is still on the volunteer search teams and they were called at noon on Sunday and told this by the coordinator. According to several sources, the news conference is at 2PM Monday and will be covered live by at least WBOY-TV.

Sorry but I find it a little absurd that they are searching within a 5 mile radius of the house. MG, hasn't that been searched before, like should have been the first place. The FBI needs to handle this totally if this is as far as they have gotten so far. I realize they emptied a pond etc., but this is truly getting ridiculous.

i will try to make this short. I am not a big fan of cps in our area. In december of 2003 at 3:30 i got a call from a caseworker who said i had till 4 to come get 2 of my grandchildren or they would be put into the foster care system and they did not know when i would be able to see them again. I live 20 minutes or more from their office. My sister was here and assuming that this was going to be a temporary thing we went to get the kids. She wanted to take my grandson and i was taking my granddaughter. The situation was that they should not be together as he was very abusive to her. At the time samantha was 3 and jeremy 2. We get there and my daughter and the caseworker are the only ones in the room. Daughter had to sign a paper that said to get the kids back they would find a job, find a home and maintain it, and go to parenting classes. That has been 8 years and nothing has been completed on her part. Anyway the caseworker took our names, wrote them on a piece of paper and told us to go get the kids from a crazy man that could have went "off" at any second. To this day we still have not had a visit from the caseworker. I won't go into any more details, other than saying that an agency is only as good as the people who work for it.

amen!

Good points. I'm not sure what to make of those bags, or what exactly they contain. Is the family planning on returning to the home? I've seen people move out of homes and leave a ton of things they don't wish to move with them. ETA: Which would mean those bags might be full of junk rather than trash IYKWIM.

The family returned to the home on Friday. The children were then taken on that evening.

The mother and stepdad are still in the residence, being fed by the Bendale Methodist Church as of yesterday.

There is no excuse for all that trash in a house. Think of the rodents and bugs it will attract. The youngest one could put bugs in its mouth. If they never took their trash out to be collected what did they do with the dirty diapers? You could be poorer than a church mouse and still keep a clean house. Probably not a right thing to do but he could have taken trash to work and put it in their dumpster. If their house had all that garbage in it they would take the children, it's a health hazard.

A home in this condition is evidence of a parents/caregivers inability or unwillingness to provide the appropriate environment for children.

If a parent can't take out the trash, I would have to question if the children are receiving nourishing meals and baths each day, medical/dental care, etc.
Moo

When I went to the bus stop in front of the armory this morning, there was NO activity up there, just the other parents waiting for the bus.

Sorry but I find it a little absurd that they are searching within a 5 mile radius of the house. MG, hasn't that been searched before, like should have been the first place. The FBI needs to handle this totally if this is as far as they have gotten so far. I realize they emptied a pond etc., but this is truly getting ridiculous.

I would agree if I hadn't heard of cases where an area had been searched and later the person was located in the searched area. I think some on WS could name cases where this has happened. If she was walking around (which I doubt) she might come back to the area or someone might drop her in an area previously searched. moo

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/110929_6837.shtml

According to a county commissioner, The Department of Health and Human Resources have removed all of the kids from the Lunsford home near Weston.

In my opinion, I don't think it was appropriate for this county commissioner to release this information about the other children. It should have come from LE, family members or not at all.

Anyone know if a red VW Microbus ended up picking up those bags of garbage?

According to a county commissioner, The Department of Health and Human Resources have removed all of the kids from the Lunsford home near Weston.

In my opinion, I don't think it was appropriate for this county commissioner to release this information about the other children. It should have come from LE, family members or not at all.

Oh great, another Facebook Reporter.

Amen!! She gets a lot of criticism from the locals under normal circumstances.

I wonder if that is the same county commissioner that told the media they had enough people to search and didn't need any more and the same day the FBI and LE asked for more searchers.

WARNING - GRAPHIC:

One potential problem with using volunteer searchers at this point could be that they really expect to find an intact body, or at the least something that resembles a skeleton. Depending on the heat, insect activity, predatory animals/scavengers and other factors as well, what they are looking for may not resemble anything like the human form. Some expect that they will find white bones like are seen in the Dr's office skeleton models. What they may actually be looking for is what resembles a pile (or not) of sticks, brown/dirty, possibly entangled with other debris. Are they picking through each pile of leaves and debris or simply walking along looking for what they 'think' they may find? The skulls of children this age do not always stay intact depending on the amount of fusion that has taken place. If the remains are disarticulated by animals they may be well scattered. What people think they are looking for is often not the reality of what remains look like.

I say this because this may be why LE has moved to a professionals only search. The chances of an untrained volunteer walking right past anything of significance is great at this point.

All just my own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member