WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cometsmom, my post wasn't directed only to you. It's developed into a theme here over the last many threads that number of photographs or lack thereof is somehow indicative of what happened (whatever has happened), and I just don't think it a viable way of sleuthing. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. My intent was to question the whole issue and I happened to post it below one of yours.

Thanks for the apology. I am very new to WS and was sort of afraid to post here. But, wanted to be sure I wasn't stepping on anyone's toes or anything.

It is very important because in those many months childs change can be dramatic. I would think locals who knew her could tell but what if she is beyond the area?Looks way different how could we the public know it is her if she has changed and in 10 months the change can be substantial. I can not remember seeing a 10 month gap in time on a missing child's photo,except those that were
horribly abused and murdered by caregivers.So IMO it is a very important part of this case.

I agree on the 10 month gap thing. Odd. Worrisome. But the totality of posts constantly questioning the mother for (evidently) not photographing the daughter enough times for our satisfaction because it's not something we see ourselves doing, we'd take bushels of photos, strikes me as being non-victim friendly, and, right now, with neither suspects nor persons of interest named, that is what this mother at least technically still is: a victim.

Were there an MSM link which stated that Lena herself chose that particular shot because it was the most recent one she'd taken, I'd feel much better about all the harping on the number of pictures taken (or not taken).

Thanks for the apology. I am very new to WS and was sort of afraid to post here. But, wanted to be sure I wasn't stepping on anyone's toes or anything.
Don't be afraid! I do like to take a slightly different angle than others but only because it makes me think. I HATE to make others feel bad. Make 'em think, yes, feel bad, no. I'm mortified. Please continue to think aloud! My toes are made to be stepped upon, because others' opinions when different than mine make me think, too!

I would guess condition of the home. This is trash LE took out of one room in the home. We were told not to bother it . Was told LE bagged this trash outside after throwing it thru a window of the home.

042.jpg

For a family that's only lived there a month or two, isn't that a LOT of trash to accumulate?

MOO

Mel

It seems like a lot to me. Considering the size of the home.. and that's one room's worth? Wow. Kinda looks like when we converted my daughter's bedroom into a den once she moved to her own apartment in college.

it sorta bothers me about people complaining about lack of pics. yes recent pics would be extremely helpful but people say things in too general of a sense. sometimes they make others (like me) feel like we were bad parents. first of all i have little to no pics of my kids as they were growing up. for one thing i while i was married we had taken many of them but when we were divorced and i was given until midnight to move everything out of the house. of which had no elec. so therefore no lights. many got left behind. i mistakenly thought someone else put them on the truck and they didn't get there. result was ex got the pics and to this day (over 30 years later) still won't give them back. only pics i had were in my pocketbook that a year later was stolen and never recovered. kids were able to "steal" some back for me but he found out and that had to stop.

after the divorce and move sorry but being a single mom...buying a camera was bottom of priority. had school pics but not much more until later years. after grandkids were born again many pics were taken but lost my house and was left with basically one bag of clothes and what was left on my back. kids saved some pics and gave me copies luckily but again...not many.

i consider myself a good mother/grandparent though not much money. we don't know what has gone on in some of these people's lives that they don't have what we think they should have. it is true in many cases the lack of pics do add up to lack of caring for the child. but not always. JMO

Hello All,

I am continuing to read here to see if there have been any new developments ... have not posted much in the past few days ...

But ... I just wanted to say a BIG Thank You to the locals for their updates and to the posters here at WS for their outstanding posts !

IMO ... this case has similarities of other cases I have followed ... I just do not have a good "feeling" that they will find little Aliayah alive, much less at all, but I do hope I am wrong !

So ... the latest news is that other siblings have been "removed" from the home and A's mother has "lawyered up" ...

Also interesting is the "pile of trash bags" LE bagged and put out of the house ...

Unbelievable ... just unbelievable !

Prayers and hoping that little Aliayah will be found SAFE and SOON !

MOO ...

Do we know for sure that the photo was taken back in December?

And I'm seeing references to the pile of trash bags being trash from one room. Do we know that for sure?

For a family that's only lived there a month or two, isn't that a LOT of trash to accumulate?

MOO

Mel

lol i have to laugh. my landlady comes down for 3 weeks and throws away twice as much. my housemate and i fill half the trash can between us and 2 cats and 1 dog. she's here 3 days and we can't close the lid on it.

OT- Why doesn't my photo show up? I selected my profile pic. Is there a diff between avatars and profile pics?

I'm so blond.

Bemused and confused by the importance being given, at various points above, to the alleged lack of family pictures. Aliayah can be identified readily, I would think, by the first photo released. That's what is important, not attempting to assess psychologically a family based upon an apparent lack of photographs.

They're trying to put together a picture of the family dynamics. The burden is a gross lack of knowledge about the lifestyle of this family. So the lack of pictures speaks volumes to some of us.

lol i have to laugh. my landlady comes down for 3 weeks and throws away twice as much. my housemate and i fill half the trash can between us and 2 cats and 1 dog. she's here 3 days and we can't close the lid on it.

To me its not the amount alone that is troublesome its the amount and the location. My SIL and family went through a tough time last year and decided to do away with trash pickup. They recycled and burned. (Not my choice, but that's beside the point) my point is they found a way to dispose of garbage and it was not accumulating IN THE HOUSE.
Again I believe that it is the combination of unfavorable behavior that keeps us confused and befuddled.

i consider myself a good mother/grandparent though not much money. we don't know what has gone on in some of these people's lives that they don't have what we think they should have. it is true in many cases the lack of pics do add up to lack of caring for the child. but not always. JMO[/QUOTE]

athy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. My husband and I lost our wedding photos six months after we were married. Somehow they were lost in the move. We also didn't have much money when the kids were little. (Shoot they are both in their own apts, one in college..and we still dont have much $$)

They're trying to put together a picture of the family dynamics. The burden is a gross lack of knowledge about the lifestyle of this family. So the lack of pictures speaks volumes to some of us.

But how do we know there's even a lack of pictures? Maybe the ones we've seen are the only decent closeups that show her face well. For all we know, there could be lots of other pictures that are side views or from far enough away that you just can't see her face.

OT- Why doesn't my photo show up? I selected my profile pic. Is there a diff between avatars and profile pics?

I'm so blond.

:seeya: I will have to join you there & I have been herefor awhile & I have never figured it outLOL. I don't even see the stuff everyone else does in that regard.

My heart just breaks for little Aliayah!! I found out this morning that her "mom" just lawyered up and that the children were removed from the home on Friday. Just think-this "mom" will be delivering twins soon. ***uggh***....I can't help but think the Clarksburg attorney wishes to be another -Jose Baez. We as a society can't allow another Casey Anthony case to get by a jury. She can't set the standard for cases like this.

jmo
thanks for such a great forum!
cjmg24

Good morning to you too! It Sunday 10-02-11 4:16 AM here.

Yes, the children have been removed and she has a lawyer, We're thinking the twins will be taken when they are born. No news as far as what caused them to be removed.

DSS must have something on them. We aren't hearing anything about the SF/Dad. (Other than his less than great background)

I'm hoping and praying Aliayah will be found today. I know its a long shot but I'm still hoping she is alive.

I wonder if the reason they were removed was because they found signs of abuse on the other children? JMOO

The lack of pictures really bothers me. It's like this child didn't really exsist. My son had a soccer game on Thursday and I took 3 pics of him before the game even started. My best friend has a lil boy that will be 3 in Feb and a daughter that just turned 1 in Aug, I take pics of them myself at least monthly and I get pics of them from her weekly if not daily. It helps that we both have cells so I'll give the mom that but even my 11 year old buys a disposable camera for important stuff like vacation, school trips, etc and I'm certain if he had a child her 3rd b-day would rate the purchase of a camera.

Why have they took no pics of this child? Is it because she is abused and they don't want that documented? It's hard not to imagine just that, MOO!

Haven't been posting, but keep checking the thread for updates. News coverage has been just awful, so thank you all.

In terms of the lack of photo's, I wonder exactly how much time in her short life Aliayah has spent in a home with Mom and the other children? I keep seeing that she has been incarcerated, but no exact time frame. Also someone said LL just recently got the kids back? Was she in foster care or with the Grandmother?

As for the children being removed from the home, I was very relieved to hear that. From what I have read, the children do not all have the same Father and some posters have theorized little Aliyah may have been taken from the home for her own protection. Ideally this would be the best scenario if true.

When I was thinking along those lines, I wondered if Aliayah could have been singled out because of who her Father was. Meaning, if RL is not her Father, but he knows who is and bears some sort of grudge against that person? Could it be a source of contention in the home?

Another thing that caught my attention is what the Mom and Grandmother said in that video interview. If Aliayah is a shy clingy child, always at Mom's side and wanting her attention. Being sick would certainly exacerbate her need for Mommy. The whole scenario of her in bed with another older child is hard to swallow. Possible, but it wouldn't have happened that way in my house. If Dad had to work in the morning, I would have slept in that child's bed or on the sofa with with her so I could comfort and attend to her during the night.

Over medication keeps popping into my head, as well as someone losing their temper with a sick, cranky toddler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth