WV WV - Cassie Shelton Sheetz, 23, hiker, Spruce Knob, Monongahela National Forest, 11 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m not certain if this is TOS and I’m not in any way implying she deserves anything bad because of it and hopefully she is all better now as far as drug use, but this makes me wonder if it’s related to her disappearance? If she served the full two years she probably hasn’t been out for too long
Opioid dealer pleads guilty

Hmmm....the pictures don't look like the same person to me. I mean, I could be wrong but I'm just not sure this is our MP.

I just think as the SAR dogs couldn't find a scent, that she wasn't really up there at all.

The story that the 2 men told is just a load of BS.

<modsnip>
MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were all split up in the woods just before dark on Thursday (18.00hrs approx).
A passing vehicle finally went past where their car was parked at 11.00hrs Friday and the 2 men flagged it down for help.

But before that, they had both waited at their car for 3 hours together for Cassie. (So, since 08.00hrs)

But one of the men, who came out of the woods first (and smashed the back window in to get inside the car) had been at the car for 2 hours before the other man (so 06.00hrs).

So, from that timeline they had all split up and been wandering around the woods, lost and or looking for Cassie for 12 hours!! (18.00hrs Thursday to 06.00hrs Friday). Then waiting at the car for some more hours! (5 hours for one man, 3 hours for the other.)

Wow, 12 hours in the woods in the dark?! Were they searching for her that whole time? They'd been hiking all day too. What about sleep? Tiredness? Enough battery power in the flashlights? Did they shout or call out to Cassie? Did Cassie shout out to them?

Then finally stopped a passing car at 11.00hrs Friday. and when you add in that they started this hike in the daytime on Thursday....it's getting on for a whole 24 hour job!! That's a long time to be up there.

Those 2 men need to be hauled in by LE and interrogated!

Plus, local search teams have had sniffer dogs there who couldn't find Cassies's scent, which makes me question if she was even up there at all.

MOO.
Quite the story isn't it o_O

Hmmm....the pictures don't look like the same person to me. I mean, I could be wrong but I'm just not sure this is our MP.
It is the same person. Cassie is from Front Royal VA. If she was not allowed to drive for 3 years, due to her sentence, why did she have the car keys? Whose car was it? I pray they find her alive but the story is fishy.

Huckleberry trail runs along the ridge of Spruce Mountain. It is a well defined trail, though there are a couple intersections with old roads that could be confusing. If you were to get seriously off trail, you'd probably eventually end up descending. Either off the east side of the ridge, toward the Fore Knobs, or the west side toward Seneca creek. Either direction would bring you to a road or trail eventually, but it is rough country with lots of thick underbrush that would be difficult to negotiate. Would be much worse in the dark.

The flyer says Blue Diamond Trail is where they were at???

Attachments

• 160015845_3934118313314861_8295683126771822270_n.jpg
    160015845_3934118313314861_8295683126771822270_n.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 61
The flyer says Blue Diamond Trail is where they were at???

All the trails in the Monongahela national forest are marked with blue plastic diamonds. Whoever made the poster must have been confused by that. There is no trail in the area called "Blue Diamond Trail".

News articles said they were on Huckleberry, the trailhead of which is accessed from the Spruce Knob parking lot.

New posters <modsnip>) might want to familiarize themselves with the Websleuths Terms of Service. No social media rumors are allowed, all facts must be backed up with a link from a mainstream media source, and there is no sleuthing anyone who isn't a victim or named suspect. Threads will get closed down if the moderators have a lot of cleaning up to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Respectfully and IMO, whether or not Cassie has or had an issue with drugs, the story given just doesn't add up at all. Add or distract drug use, the problem is still....where is Cassie? And, who and where are the two young men that claimed to have been with her? And, have they assisted LE in the search for Cassie? Why the secrecy about the two men?

No news and LE has yet to name the two men who were with Cassie that night. :mad:

Cassie is believed to be wearing camouflage pants and a hoodie at the time of her disappearance. She also has several facial piercings (ears, lips, eyebrows) and tattoos including two with the names “Rubie” and “Bella” on her upper chest. She also has a pierced belly button.
MISSING: WV State Police look for woman last seen at Spruce Knob | WOWK 13 News

Is a hoodie what one would typically wear when hiking on those trails at night? According to Weather.com the low on March 11 was only 50 degrees so not freezing cold. Other weather sites listed 46-48. But it did rain.

No news and LE has yet to name the two men who were with Cassie that night. :mad:

Cassie is believed to be wearing camouflage pants and a hoodie at the time of her disappearance. She also has several facial piercings (ears, lips, eyebrows) and tattoos including two with the names “Rubie” and “Bella” on her upper chest. She also has a pierced belly button.
MISSING: WV State Police look for woman last seen at Spruce Knob | WOWK 13 News

Is a hoodie what one would typically wear when hiking on those trails at night? According to Weather.com the low on March 11 was only 50 degrees so not freezing cold. Other weather sites listed 46-48. But it did rain.

In my opinion experienced hikers would not wear just a hoodie at night. If they were there during the day, it could be within the realm of possibility that a hoodie was the only outerwear.

I think for most people growing up in the area that we become accustomed to the outdoors and feel overly comfortable and possibly even naive to the seriousness of the backcountry and the weather that comes with the territory.

I don't buy into this whole situation at all though.

Snipped by poster, don't have a link.

Thank you for sharing your insight & experience. I've always wanted to do something like this, so I also think this could be plausible.

But there is so much we don't know:
  • Who are the men & their relation to her?
  • Why were they separated?
  • Why aren't police actively searching for her?

I'm so curious to hear these stories! (I don't know if that's against the rules, though.)

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly!! They could have told her that's where they were going and taken her somewhere else all together! They could be searching the wrong areas! I think they need to pull cell GPS locations for all 3 phones!! The story is way too hinky!!

It’s all hinky, IMO. If the two males were able to find their way out, Cassie should have as well. I don’t think she was ever there, or at least not walking and talking “there”.

Prayers for Cassie and her loved ones.

Last edited:
Poor Cassie. IMO, I really do think she crossed a couple of wrong people back from when she was into drug dealing. Sometimes you can leave, but it catches up with you.
I really do think this is not a 'missing hiker' incident and never was. LE needs to start getting tough now. Enough time has been wasted already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back