WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are fine, not hogging anything, guess everyone else is shopping or something. I am not doing nothing but trying to figure this out. Never heard about girl from barboursville. Who was she?

duh ok I went back and read.. Samantha Burns I remember that one very well. I think they arrested some guys that admitted to throwing her in river but they never did find her. That wasnt far from my house where they found her car burnt.

duh ok I went back and read.. Samantha Burns I remember that one very well. I think they arrested some guys that admitted to throwing her in river but they never did find her. That wasnt far from my house where they found her car burnt.

I went back and edited my post as further Googling reveals the case is in fact probably solved. Thanks for the heads up! I remember those creeps, what sicko's.

I don't mean to hog this thread this morning. I just happen to have some free time on my hands and have been going through media reports. The below is what I found:

http://wowktv.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=32766

I had asked what kind of car Leah had:

Her yellow Chevrolet Cavalier still is parked just outside her apartment building at 403 8th Avenue

I'm still confused on Leah's plans for Friday night:

It's known that Hickman bought McDonald's about 5:40 p.m. Dec. 14 and was supposed to meet with a friend later that evening, but never showed.

Hog the thread????? Posting information??? Every piece of info that can be gathered is pertinent in sleuthing the case! Sometimes I get in a thread and post over and over as I find things. It's great when we DO have the time we can spend researching and those of us stuck at work today and wish we could be finding stuff are so THANKFUL for your HOGGING the thread. :slap:

I don't mean to hog this thread this morning. I just happen to have some free time on my hands and have been going through media reports. The below is what I found:

http://wowktv.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=32766

I had asked what kind of car Leah had:

Her yellow Chevrolet Cavalier still is parked just outside her apartment building at 403 8th Avenue

I'm still confused on Leah's plans for Friday night:

It's known that Hickman bought McDonald's about 5:40 p.m. Dec. 14 and was supposed to meet with a friend later that evening, but never showed.
Interesting about the car. They say "still" parked. They need to explore the fact that her car was used to adduct her and then returned. There is another set of keys someplace. IMO

Interesting about the car. They say "still" parked. They need to explore the fact that her car was used to adduct her and then returned. There is another set of keys someplace. IMO

Somewhere this morning I read that fingerprint dust is visible. And LE also stated the rear door was not shut all the way, although they don't know how this fits in.

There you go again Suzi, hoggin up the thread. jeesh. :snooty:

There you go again Suzi, hoggin up the thread. jeesh. :snooty:

lol, I know, I can't help it! And on that note, I'm going to go dope myself up with some cold meds and go back to bed. Catch you all later. :blowkiss:

lol, I know, I can't help it! And on that note, I'm going to go dope myself up with some cold meds and go back to bed. Catch you all later. :blowkiss:

ooooooooooooooo get well soon! Terrible time of year to be in da bed sick :(

I feel really bad about posting this or thinking this but as we all know, usually it is someone the person knows. I feel that the sister's story has many empty holes. First I think that she said that the back door of the apartment was locked, now the police say that it was open. What is that statement about the cats opening the door? That was weird:waitasec: . Also, she said that they left the back door unlocked often. I have heard from Leah's friends, that Leah was a very safe person. She always locked her doors and watched behind her. Where was the sister Friday after 5:00 and Sat.? Leah and her are only step sisters. I wonder if there was some friction there. Also, the sister never looks into the camera or shows much emotion. When asked questions, she looks away and appears to not give direct answers. I watched her speak on Nancy Grace last night and she gave some vaque answers to several questions. I have personally spoken to her and I didn't get a good vibe.

I hope that none of you guys are upset with me for these thoughts. I hope she is a grieving loved one scared and confused at this moment
People have not reported any bad relationship among them. I am justworking with what we have here. What are your thoughts about this?

On the other hand, the street that they live on is not a safe street. I think that there was a drive by shooting there the week before. I have also heard that there is lots of drug activity in that area. Leah's back door opens up to a back alley and it is dark here by 5:30. That kind of scares me. The blood hounds lost her scent in the driveway by the back alley. A few blocks over is a main road that leads to the interstate. Would take about...3 minutes to get on I-64.

If I am wrong on any of these details let me know. I have been following the story very closely but could make a mistake in my interpretation.

I was just surfing around and found this comment on FOX:

"Something doesn’t add up. Last night her sister said that she had to use the key to get in but on Nancy Grace tonight she said the door was open. She also said that it wasn’t a big deal. That they didn’t worry about locking the door and that the cats knew how to open them. Is this a different door?"

I feel really bad about posting this or thinking this but as we all know, usually it is someone the person knows. I feel that the sister's story has many empty holes. First I think that she said that the back door of the apartment was locked, now the police say that it was open. What is that statement about the cats opening the door? That was weird:waitasec: . Also, she said that they left the back door unlocked often. I have heard from Leah's friends, that Leah was a very safe person. She always locked her doors and watched behind her. Where was the sister Friday after 5:00 and Sat.? Leah and her are only step sisters. I wonder if there was some friction there. Also, the sister never looks into the camera or shows much emotion. When asked questions, she looks away and appears to not give direct answers. I watched her speak on Nancy Grace last night and she gave some vaque answers to several questions. I have personally spoken to her and I didn't get a good vibe.

I hope that none of you guys are upset with me for these thoughts. I hope she is a grieving loved one scared and confused at this moment
People have not reported any bad relationship among them. I am justworking with what we have here. What are your thoughts about this?

On the other hand, the street that they live on is not a safe street. I think that there was a drive by shooting there the week before. I have also heard that there is lots of drug activity in that area. Leah's back door opens up to a back alley and it is dark here by 5:30. That kind of scares me. The blood hounds lost her scent in the driveway by the back alley. A few blocks over is a main road that leads to the interstate. Would take about...3 minutes to get on I-64.

If I am wrong on any of these details let me know. I have been following the story very closely but could make a mistake in my interpretation.

Hi, I was thinking that on the side was mostly ok, If you made a right on eighth the was going in the bad section of town. Has been quite a few years since I lived in that area tho things can most deff chang.

what can you think of that would make a girl turn her cell phone off on a Friday night? Going in a movie theater for one.

Rebel, I'm going to hold off judgement for now. But, I have to admit that's how the timeline got made. I went to bed last night thinking about all the different comments Vickers has made. I thought I would go back and read media reports and while I was at it, do the timeline. Yes, I found inconsitensies, but so far I can't figure out if it's Vickers or media misreporting in the haste to get info out.

Here's what bugs me.

The 4PM last sighting by Vickers is now 2:30-4PM. It was supposedly on Vickers lunch. Doesn't she know what time her lunch is? Was that really the last time she saw Leah? Was Vickers really at home during lunch to pack up her bags for the weekend?

Vickers said that her and Leah always had breakfast together every Sunday morning. And yet Leah's mother has to prompt Vickers to go back and check out her own dang apartment, which Vickers only does late Sunday afternoon. Friends and family have stated that they had tried to contact Leah by phone all weekend. And yet, not one mention that I recall that Vickers tried to contact Leah by phone.

The apartment was locked up. Then well, we left it unlocked to do laundry. Now we have the cats opening it.

There's more I came across. Just not sure what it all means.

Interesting about the bloodhounds losing scent in the back driveway. According to media sources. Leah's car was found in front of her apartment. What was the normal place to park her car?

BREAKING NEWS

State Police and investigators rushed to Hickman’s apartment in Huntington Friday night. Police say there's been a major development in the case but are not saying what it is.

Police have taped off a large area around Hickman's apartment. We have a crew on the scene and will update this story as new information becomes available.

Stay tuned to WSAZ NewsChannel 3 and wsaz.com for the latest on this developing situation.

http://www.wsaz.com/

BREAKING NEWS

State Police and investigators rushed to Hickman’s apartment in Huntington Friday night. Police say there's been a major development in the case but are not saying what it is.

Police have taped off a large area around Hickman's apartment. We have a crew on the scene and will update this story as new information becomes available.

Stay tuned to WSAZ NewsChannel 3 and wsaz.com for the latest on this developing situation.

http://www.wsaz.com/

Holy crap...I don't suppose the sister did something to her? I pray not!!!! :(

Yes, the yellow car is her's. In front of the apartment is 8th ave. Behind is the alley and a little place to park. Her car is parked on the side of the building a little towards the back. I have driven by there several times. A couple of times there were police cars there. They were entering from the back. I have been in several of these type of apartments in this area (My job requires home visits.) The families usually entered them from the back. Just FYI, there is a laundry basket in the passenger back sear. I am surprised that the police have not taken it in for forensics.

To answer the question about her being on the best end of 8th ave. Yes, she is but unfortunately the drugs and slum have been moving west. There are some crappy, ran down and abandoned houses/apartments there now.

I know, I want to hold judgement too but you can't help but wonder. I have recorded last nights Greta and Nancy Grace and the last couple of days of WSAZ news. I went back and watched them all before I wrote the last post. Just to be sure that I had the facts. She is smiling and it appears that she is holding back a laugh when interviewed. No emotion. When WSAZ shows her friends at the vigil and handing out fliers, she is in the back of the group. I would expect her to be "leading". When she is asked questions on Nancy Grace, she uses many "uhs" and appears to blow off anything that they suggest could be a lead. (Ex. depression, boyfriend, enemies.) I would be listing every guy she had been out with in the past 6 months. Both her parents filed a missing person's report. They live out of town. You would think that she would have been at the police station making a report. It is only a few blocks from this apartment. I don't know...just a little weird to me. Her friends are the ones who have contacted the news and started making fliers. She has some really wonderful, caring and devoted friends. She will/would be very touched by their show of love. They have done a great job taking control of this situation and demanding answers.

I don't feel that she was at the movies. I think something happened between 6:00-9:00 Fri evening.

I wish I knew more. Could you guys post your theories or ideas? I am interested in your takes on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper