GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whatever was on that facetime it didn't alarm him. He went to school and his field trip.
A missed FaceTime call is like any other call, except there is no way to leave a message. So he would have just seen that she Facetimed him and the time she called. Given the early hour, I’m guessing that he initially thought it was just an accidental call.

Martinsburg, WV is actually in Berkeley County and Berkeley Springs is in Morgan County. Berkeley Springs is a little town, very artsy and touristy...there is a spring there that is an attraction. It’s not that close to Martinsburg, so I’m not sure why it’s the title of this thread?

When I googled Berkeley Springs to learn more about the town, I came across several articles in MSM about another young lady from town who was tragically killed in an automobile accident a couple of days before RC's disappearance. I wonder if RC knew her or was terribly up set by this and felt the need to be by herself for awhile. This doesn't really match what is known about RC and her closeness to her family but I am just throwing it out there. MOO MOO

I thought maybe she’d be with a love interest and worried about getting into trouble after spending a night or 2 there... but then I noticed that she has a known boyfriend who’s cooperating and last saw her via FaceTime..:confused:
The boyfriend was on a field trip and was just arriving back from that when Riley's mother showed up. the key is what happened between 5:40 and 7:15 am

I assume that LE has interviewed the boyfriend and the friend who texted her until midnight as to her state of mind etc. during the conversations. If all seemed normal then, to me, it points to something not voluntary occurred after she left the house in the morning.

what a beautiful girl. I hope they find her....although its been almost a wk. I think she may have tried to contact her boyfriend while she was still at home....to wake him for field trip or just because that's when they get up for school. I think what ever happened to her..happened while on her way to school. IT doesn't sound good....prayers to her and her family to return safely home.

On the FB page, a neighbor posted that she sees Riley every morning walking to school w her backpack. Last Tuesday, that neighbor and another both saw her walking to school but pulling a wheeled backpack that struck them both as strange. And one of her classmates posted that rumor going around school was that her step-dad hit her so she was taking off. Not sure how true that last stmt is but it came from RC’s best friend (supposedly).

On the FB page, a neighbor posted that she sees Riley every morning walking to school w her backpack. Last Tuesday, that neighbor and another both saw her walking to school but pulling a wheeled backpack that struck them both as strange. And one of her classmates posted that rumor going around school was that her step-dad hit her so she was taking off. Not sure how true that last stmt is but it came from RC’s best friend (supposedly).
I thought she went missing wed morning?

Wow - Riley's story showed up in my trending Apple news app and I came over to see if there was more insight and see WS is only at page 2 of the first thread. Hopefully no subsequent threads will be needed but I didn't read anything about a stepfather in the NBC news article. That would be the only new piece I see over here. That and I wonder what Riley's usual wake up time is for school. To be up texting a pal at Midnight and then to get up in the early 5am hour is ambitious for many 15yr olds. Riley I sure do hope you're okay!
ETA a ?: Do any MSM articles mention a stepfather?

I really hope that rumor is true and Riley is somewhere safe. I live in Maryland, not far from West Virginia, takes about 10 to get to Martinsburg WV from my house. Today I saw two digital billboards in my town with Riley’s missing poster on them.

The problem with the story that she had a wheeled backpack is this:
There's been no activity on her cell phone or social media since Wednesday at 522am. No teen shuts down voluntarily like that. Even if she left, it's doubtful she would not use her phone at all, to contact anyone, look for directions, survey social media etc. No cell pings at all since she tried to reach out to her boyfriend. She went completely dark. Also troublesome is the fact there have been no sightings... Nothing. Not in the area, not in adjacent areas. It doesn't fit.

I actually see it the other way, it seems to me that a lot of chatter is detrimental. Low chatter keeps rumors and speculation in check.
I sure hope you're right, Sharon! I've read about digital billboards in a couple of articles and I'm just concerned that it's been a week and there is no trace. It feels like the silence around this is deafening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back