GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is protected, but for a while she was locking and unlocking it and you could see her messages. I don't think she said directly that they broke up, but it was pretty easily inferred from the content she was posting. I think they'd been together a while too (a year or 2, which is forever in high school).

I didn't see anything too bad...nothing like what these asshats post on Twitter.

Hopefully, now that the situation in Boston has concluded, any resources that the Pittsburgh FBI office may have sent their way can get back to looking at this case.

Speaking of Boston...did anyone notice that on one of DC's internet posts he says "I like to blow s&#! up"? Sounds like a REALLY good reason to lean on him, especially in light of recent events. You just never know.

I heard a rumor just tonight that the DC brothers' family is trying to raise a large amount of money to hire an attorney. The raising money part isn't a rumor, it's a fact. And we're not just talking about a couple thousand. We are talking about 30K and up. The rumor part comes in, when talking about what they need the money for.

IMHO, $30K isn't going to last long with the kind of attorney he would need; may as well go with a public defender.

High-profile defense lawyers would burn through thirty grand in about two or three weeks...unless the client just wanted to negotiate a deal and there was no chance it would go to trial. Figure $300 an hour for anything out of court, and anywhere from $500-$600 an hour for courtroom time.

Not to mention that any attorney worth his salt is going to perform some serious due diligence before accepting the case---and once they find out what our little friend has likely been up to, the price is going to go up. If they would even take the case. Finding an attorney willing to take this mess on would be harder than you think; lawyers like to win.

Just my two cents' worth, of course.

ETA: maybe they should rob (another) bank...

Where oh where is the Justice for Skylar Neese? WE are waiting, LE!!!!!!

IMHO, $30K isn't going to last long with the kind of attorney he would need; may as well go with a public defender.

High-profile defense lawyers would burn through thirty grand in about two or three weeks...unless the client just wanted to negotiate a deal and there was no chance it would go to trial. Figure $300 an hour for anything out of court, and anywhere from $500-$600 an hour for courtroom time.

Not to mention that any attorney worth his salt is going to perform some serious due diligence before accepting the case---and once they find out what our little friend has likely been up to, the price is going to go up. If they would even take the case. Finding an attorney willing to take this mess on would be harder than you think; lawyers like to win.

Lawyers like to win, but there may be a high-powered attorney who will take on this case for the free publicity. I live in Pittsburgh and have been a paralegal most of my working life. I can think of two attorneys right off the bat who might handle this just to get their names in the news. JMO.

Honestly this coming when it did makes me think it is to negotiate a plea deal. We can hope it's a deal that will give Skylar some justice, and maybe finally give her family a little peace of mind.

I heard a rumor just tonight that the DC brothers' family is trying to raise a large amount of money to hire an attorney. The raising money part isn't a rumor, it's a fact. And we're not just talking about a couple thousand. We are talking about 30K and up. The rumor part comes in, when talking about what they need the money for.

Raising money as in asking the public? Which one needs the lawyer, hmmm that's fishy!!!

Maybe they are raising the money because one (or both) of them wants to confess??? (Probably wishful thinking, I know...)

I keep hoping when I come to the thread there will be some answers. I can't imagine how insanely heart-wrenching the waiting for justice is on Skylar's family... They are in my thoughts and prayers.

It's such a shame they have land and a beautiful home! What was it rumored to be for?

I'm not sure if your asking about the price or the reason... The reason - Just to get the boys "out of trouble". That's what I've heard.. The price - 30k for the land and I haven't heard a price on their house

I'm not sure if your asking about the price or the reason... The reason - Just to get the boys "out of trouble". That's what I've heard.. The price - 30k for the land and I haven't heard a price on their house

Oh I was referring to reason for the attorney, the rumored reason !

This case makes me so mad. Where is her Justice? She deserves for this to of never freakin happened. The least that can be done is to give her justice though. That's all we have left we can do for her.

Seriously with you Sin.. where are the arrests????

Who killed this lovely girl and discarded her like trash???? She deserves justice. So do her parents.

I agree--$30,000 won't buy very much legal representation, especially if it's divided between both men, that would be $15,000 each. I would just hope that no attorney would do this pro bono. Who knows which way it would go if you get a high profile law firm with a lot of money to throw on this... :( I can't find anything online re the sale of their land/property. Can someone private message me any link or info on the real estate for sale? Or, if it can be, post on here? Thanks

Today, Rachel Shoaf pled guilty to second degree murder in the stealing of young Skylar Neese's life. Here's the link to the local radio station's report. I'm sure more details will come out, but it's a start. Charges are pending against a second juvenile, who is in custody.
http://wvmetronews.com/teenager-pleads-guilty-in-skylar-neese-murder/

Please keep the parents, and those who love Skylar, as well as LE, in your prayers.

Today, Rachel Shoaf pled guilty to second degree murder in the stealing of young Skylar Neese's life. Here's the link to the local radio station's report. I'm sure more details will come out, but it's a start. Charges are pending against a second juvenile, who is in custody.
http://wvmetronews.com/teenager-pleads-guilty-in-skylar-neese-murder/

Please keep the parents, and those who love Skylar, as well as LE, in your prayers.

Thank you so much for the links, DubVeeMom. :gthanks:

Poor Skylar. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members