Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This recent article was picked up by the Daily Mail but the original source is the Sun. I confirmed with the mod that they are an approved MSM source.

New witness who saw 'Brian Laundrie hit Gabby Petito' shares shock details

“Now, The U.S. Sun has tracked down an independent witness to the original fight through a third party in Moab, who claims in an exclusive interview he saw the incident first-hand while driving past in his work pick-up truck.

He insists Brian was the aggressor and hit Gabby in the head before she stumbled back against their van, and he shouted over to try and spook the 23-year-old before other locals intervened and called 911.”

I read this. Awful.

I just wish witnesses would not wait a year before coming out of the woodwork. If the police had this information at the time, they may have done things differently, although, in the long run, it likely would not have mattered since Brian and Gabby were actually separate a few days when he flew home, and he still returned and killed her.

JMOO

I read this. Awful.

I just wish witnesses would not wait a year before coming out of the woodwork. If the police had this information at the time, they may have done things differently, although, in the long run, it likely would not have mattered since Brian and Gabby were actually separate a few days when he flew home, and he still returned and killed her.

JMOO
There's a situation in my hometown right now. It angers me-- if these people would of just called LE right then and there. But what I see, and its getting worse. Some people don't want to get involved. They say "not my monkey not my circus.,

I read this. Awful.

JMOO
I agree it would have been better not to wait until the 1-yr anniversary of GP's death and notice of a Moab lawsuit to speak up. Of course, we can't really know if this person is telling the truth based only on a newspaper report written long after the event. And it seems clear to me his "recollection" has been affected by his knowledge of later events (Not just the killing and now remembering based on his drive-by glimpse BL "looked like a hothead" and "short-fused" but also being pleased the couple was separated for the night.) But his failure to call 911 is understandable from a Bystander Effect perspective. He claims he believed others were calling 911 (not sure how he could know that if he was just driving by in his work truck as he says. But he says he believed that.) Still, he certainly would have known other people saw what was going on. That would dilute his sense of responsibility per Bystander Effect research. The more people present, statistically the less likely an individual may be to help or even call LE. No safety in numbers.
JMO

If there is variability recorded in the date of death on GP's death certificate, I wonder how that will come into play during the civil lawsuit in terms of how it will relate to the specificity of the date the P's are using for the date of GP's death.
I think it will eventually be the day her remains were found that will be listed as DOD .

08/31/2022
Eric Pratt, one of the Moab police on scene following a report last year that Brian Laundrie was seen hitting Gabby Petito on the crossroads city’s main street, has the praise and support of the city’s new police chief, who was brought in to clean up the department.

"He’s actually, frankly, an outstanding employee," Moab Police Chief Jared Garcia, who joined the department long after the Petito case, told Fox News Digital.

The chief said he could not comment specifically on Aug. 12 domestic violence due to pending litigation filed by her family earlier this month. But he praised Pratt’s performance in regard to the rest of his duties.

"At least in the time that I’ve been here, I’ve been extremely pleased with his effort and his competency," Garcia said.
[...]

Reminder: Lifetime's original movie, The Gabby Petito Story, premieres tonight (Saturday) at 8:00 Eastern. Watch a preview and get details here: Watch The Gabby Petito Story | Lifetime

From just watching the trailer, it looks like they took tremendous liberty with the facts of the case by embellishing them in order to appeal to viewers.

I think I'll pass, I prefer to stay with the known facts of the case. It's tragic enough, without Lifetime's dramatic liberties.

I'm not a subscriber to Lifetime streaming... does anyone know if you need to be in order to watch the GP movie?

I'm not a subscriber to Lifetime streaming... does anyone know if you need to be in order to watch the GP movie?

It appears it is on the standard network channel, you can check your schedule here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1