Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m less than a minute into the series and already tearing up. :( I’m watching via Peacock BTW.
Thanks! So, did you create a premium account? I created a free account and the only thing that matched when I searched was a documentary (which looks good) that is only available if you upgrade to premium. I don't mind paying, but it would be a bummer to create a premium account just to find out that I can't access it that way, either.

The aftershow was very good, particularly the DV profiler discussing coercive control.

The Bethunes talked about their video that led to finding Gabby. They said they were enlightened to learn how many people are missing, and now they end their Red White Bethune videos with a missing person poster. Nice touch by a classy yet humble couple who broke the search open, and helped bring closure to the Petitos.

Last edited:
Among other problems, the ones playing Gabby and Brian looked 30-35. They should’ve used younger actors. Gabby was so young and beautiful.
Agreed. Part of the particular tragedy of this was that they both were so young and yet were already so deep into this highly toxic relationship. Teenagers tend to think that things like this won't ever happen to them, but teens-- especially girls, who are more at risk -- need to learn the signs of abuse and to know that there are resources available to help them get out of unhealthy relationships, even if they're just dating.

Having older-looking actors play Gabby and Brian detracts from this important message that YES, it can happen to you, even at 15 or 16 or 18 or 22.

I'm watching The Gabby Petito Story on Lifetime and it's just awful. Truly awful.
Yes, it was awful. That is exactly how I would describe it, too. Total waste of time, but DH and I watched until the end (on his birthday). After 18 minutes (first commercial), I gave the Lifetime movie a C-. It only got worse, and by the end of the film, I gave it an F: Major FAIL. The actor cast as Brian looked like he was 40, and the actress was also too old and lacked Gabby's youthful energy, enthusiasm, and spirit. Her deep voice was troublesome. I was too tired to watch the follow-up. There are some Lifetime movies that I can watch over and over: The Gabby Petito Story will not be one of them. JMO

Last edited:
The tragic disappearance and murder of Gabby Petito gets the Lifetime movie treatment in The Gabby Petito Story. The movie, which airs October 1, comes roughly a year after Petito’s body was discovered in a remote part of Wyoming. The 22-year-old travel blogger had been murdered by her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, with whom she’d been on a cross-country road trip.

The movie stars Skyler Samuels as Petito and Evan Hall as Laundrie. It promises to “bring to life Gabby and Brian’s doomed love story.” But what’s truth and what’s fiction in the film, which was directed by Thora Birch? ...

Lifetime has a long history of mining real-life crime stories for ripped-from-the-headlines TV movies. But social media users are slamming the cable network for dramatizing the recent murder of Gabby Petito in the movie The Gabby Petito Story, which premieres tonight, Saturday, October 1, at 8/7c. And now Nicole Schmidt, Petito’s mother, is addressing the small-screen take on her daughter’s death.

“We thought our followers should know that the Lifetime movie on Gabby Petito has no connection to the Petito family nor did they give their approval,” Schmidt said in a statement released by The AWARE Foundation, according to Newsweek. “Lifetime took it upon themselves to make the movie.”...

Another one?? I saw this advertised on ID the other day: New Gabby Petito documentary to air next month

The cable channel Investigation Discovery next month will present an hourlong new documentary with what it calls "never-before-aired footage" of Blue Point-raised Gabby Petito and her fiance and killer, Brian Laundrie. The channel announced Tuesday that "The Murder of Gabby Petito: What Really Happened" will premiere Oct. 12 and will also stream on Discovery+.

Another one?? I saw this advertised on ID the other day: New Gabby Petito documentary to air next month

The cable channel Investigation Discovery next month will present an hourlong new documentary with what it calls "never-before-aired footage" of Blue Point-raised Gabby Petito and her fiance and killer, Brian Laundrie. The channel announced Tuesday that "The Murder of Gabby Petito: What Really Happened" will premiere Oct. 12 and will also stream on Discovery+.
Oh geez, how many will there be? Thanks for posting this MadMcGoo, you are always on top of everything!

Wonder why this video took so long to surface? If LE had it last year, why wouldn’t they have announced that they were last seen at Whole Foods?
This is where they went to eat and walked out without paying? I didn't see Brian walking in and out four times or looking irate. It doesn't look like they sat down to eat, either. It doesn't show an employee coming out after them, or Brian arguing with them.

It just looks like they are browsing through the store, then they leave together.

This is where they went to eat and walked out without paying? I didn't see Brian walking in and out four times or looking irate. It doesn't look like they sat down to eat, either. It doesn't show an employee coming out after them, or Brian arguing with them.

It just looks like they are browsing through the store, then they leave together.
No, this is Whole Foods store that they went to after the restaurant dine and dash. They are shown browsing and putting items in a canvas bag. They aren't shown paying but I assume they did pay. If it wasn't at an automated check out, then LE probably talked to that clerk too. (Maybe that's why that party of the tape wasn't released? The clerk can be identified? Surely surveillance includes the check out areas.)

No, this is Whole Foods store that they went to after the restaurant dine and dash. They are shown browsing and putting items in a canvas bag. They aren't shown paying but I assume they did pay. If it wasn't at an automated check out, then LE probably talked to that clerk too. (Maybe that's why that party of the tape wasn't released? The clerk can be identified? Surely surveillance includes the check out areas.)
Oh, ok, that makes sense. I was confused because the article below the video described him walking out 4 times and being irate.

I also didn't realize they went to the Wholefoods store right after that. I've always thought they went there earlier.

Since they called it a bombshell video, I expected to see some indication of what was to come, but they just look like a normal couple walking through the store.

So I guess the theory that they left the restaurant and continued their argument until it elevated to murder is not quite what happened. There seemed to be a cooling off period when they walked through the store.

It must have been some time later, after they arrived at the campsite, that Brian became enraged and murdered her. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky