Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes and apparently that was not relayed to the cops making the stop, but instead the other witness who categorically said Gabbie initiated the violence.

We do not have all the information yet, but we do know for a fact that the information the police at the stop seem to have had was that of the independent witness who saw her initiate the
violence. Along with Gabbie's own statement that she did.

Again I do not think that is the entire story, and certainly some of the behavior and apparent bias of cops at the scene is troubling, but your citation is NOT what the witness who they spoke to said

Lol, no idea. This BL dude couldn't get a fair trial anywhere in the country, quite frankly. Gonna be one heck of a jury selection process.
I disagree. I believe that there are 12 people who can listen to all of the evidence without prejudice or judgment. There are people on this thread who are very, very fair-minded and willing to play devil's advocate. My own mother is the most fair-minded individual you could imagine. She could definitely sit on any jury. But I do agree that the jury selection process will be long and tedious. MOO.

Apologies if this has been asked & answered but - what verified evidence is there that BL returned alone in the van to his Florida home on or about 1 September (as has been widely reported)?

Is there any confirmed report that the police physically sighted BL inside the Laundrie home during one or more of their visits? Or is the best evidence of BL’s return to the family home simply the “say-so” of his parents?

MANY people have been asking this, and since I haven't seen any cogent answers, I suspect it's the say-so of his parents. At this point, I don't consider that very reliable.

Really? Then why even have one. Attention seeking…….

My guess? The attorney will say that the Laundrie family is devastated by the loss of their dear Gabby. That she was like a daughter to them. Also, that their prayers and sympathies go out to the Petito family. We've all heard it before. It's obligatory. I'm surprised this wasn't done a few days ago.

I did not initially think this, but I’m starting to believe this will end up being pre-meditated murder. There is something about the timing of the trip back to Florida for six days for reasons yet unknown that makes me believe something is very wrong here, and that his parents have been totally complicit since the beginning. IMO
For sure. We need to know a lot more about his dynamic with his parents. And what the Aug. 12 stop by LE triggered with BL and his parents. They moved her stuff then sent him back to "finish the job"? Cause nobody messes with their victimized baby boy?
JMHO

Ok, so lets say they did all those things. Given that they both had marks, she admits to slapping and hitting him and he still only claims he pushed her away. legally, how should it end? GP arrested. BL arrested? Both arrested?

(Also, they were actually talking about taking GB to a motel instead of jail when they asked BL if they had money for a motel. )
I think this has been said numerous times. That male policeman did not have to side with BL and put his own personal experiences of his into the equation, causing BL to laugh and humiliated GP. Same outcome but without the blame and the craaaazzy lady stunt.

Brian Entin has practically been camped outside of the Laundrie home for the past few days. I've taken to periodically checking his Twitter for updates.
He’s provided great coverage. A lot of Twitter users keep offering to send him coffee or pizza, he declines. They even threatened to do it wo asking so he can’t politely decline. Lol. He’s also super responsive to his listeners. I’m kind of jealous that FL has such a great resource. My local media is not available all that interactive with viewers or that dedicated!

Gabby Petito: Police declare 'crime scene' as FBI enters Brian Laundrie's Florida home: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Search warrant for computers found in couple's van highlights 'odd text' Petito's family received
The search warrant issued for computers and hard drives found in Gabby Petito's and Brian Laundrie's van highlights and odd text Petito's family received.

"On August 27th, 2021 the subject's mother, Nichole Schmidt, received an 'odd text' from the subject. The text message read, 'Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls," the document reads.

The document goes on to explain that referring to Stan, Petito's grandfather, by name was unusual behavior for Petito. The exchange led the mother to begin having concerns for Petito's well being.

….

Law enforcement officers visit home of Brian Laundrie’s sister, Cassie Laundrie
Just hours after raiding the home of Brian Laundrie’s was raided by FBI agents, law enforcement officers paid a visit to the home of Laundrie's sister, Cassie Laundrie.

Laundrie opened the door and let officers into the home.

idk if you all got a chance to watch Chris McD's youtube video on this last night ( I recommend watching it), but he mentioned the relationship Brian established with the police was similar to Lori Vallow's.

I thought that when I watch the video.

Then when CMD said it the way he said it with such authority! My heart jumped!

It was like we read each other's minds!!! wow! :eek:

Makes me now question friendly people. :(

A 911 caller described seeing Brian Laundrie 'slapping' Gabby Petito in Utah weeks before she disappeared (yahoo.com)
So he was hitting and slapping her and the police were talking about arresting her?
This is typical of battered women, he made her feel like she was at fault......
I'm so angry that they didn't listen to the witness statement.

From the body cam video, both parties were physical during that fight. However, only BL had visible scratches/wounds on him in the video. I’m not giving an opinion either way as I wasn’t there with them and the police during the incident to take an informed side. Videos have a before, during and after as events play out in real time. It’s easy to watch a 10 minute video and pick a side but without personal knowledge of the 2 participants involved and without hearing or seeing the events in real time, we as SM posters can’t really make an informed argument either way. LE were there, they had all of the information… we have only 50% of what they had. People often forget too that it’s up too the parties if they want to proceed with charges. OR, it gets forwarded to the prosecutors office for further investigation in DV cases if the officer isn’t sure who the “at fault” party is. Many times they separate the 2 people (like they did) for the night and after that the prosecutors office may pursue the charges from the states angle which ends up being a summons by mail. So law enforcement did their due diligence, it was up to those 2 the next day to stay separated or get back together and continue the unhealthy relationship.

I know nothing about that area but just looking at images of the area just between where they were camped and the dam I don't see why you would need a trail unless its marshy or those creeks are faster than they look in the helicopter footage. Not like trying to go off trail up in those mountains or in the Smokies. Looking at that route along 191 it looks like some place you could graze cattle. Someone set me straight. I am not talking about up in the mountains, just down there in the flats.

Yes, down there in the flats is very flat, and you will see bison, elk (wapiti), deer, and cattle grazing. It's pretty easy to cut across, and there are lots of game/cattle trails.

I looked but couldn't find more info on how/when these Elk hunters came forward/what they said...how much do we have on that?

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”

Many suggestions have now been made about what else could be done.

Why weren't the officers working to be relatable to Gabby as well?

They were trying to de-escalate only, having determined that this was just a volatile young couple including a dramatic, draining girl and her boyfriend who lost patience with her but was doing the best he could given "crazy chick"...that is the only explanation for ignoring the following in the context of a physical, violent interaction reported and witnessed by several people including LE:
  • Both of them have visible scratches and redness. red flag
  • Both admit to having put hands on the other. red flag
  • He downplays what he did even while admitting it red flag
  • She throws herself under the bus - not just for the physical violence, but also how it was her fault that he got mad at her. [clear sign of warped thinking, and not contradicted by him, confirming a strange dynamic] red flag
  • She was seen hanging out of the van window (or whatever - that he locked her out). (iirc) red flag
  • She stated she was scared he was going to drive off without her. red flag
  • Based on general knowledge about reasonable safety concerns for a young woman (a small one, too, clearly not from there), you know that it is reasonable to be afraid of being left alone in that position. And as above, he has already locked her out/threatened to leave her behind. So this is a guy who has deliberately behaved in a way to frighten his girlfriend, both emotionally and physically. From this, you are looking at a guy who would choose to make his girlfriend afraid for her safety. red flag
  • He drove very fast in a place he didn't know, while having a physical fight. (dangerous behavior) red flag

But LE decided to ignore all of those flags, as well as basic information about domestic violence, including common behaviors of abusers and victims.

LE approaches to DV can make a huge difference. If this were a couple residing in a town, historical police records that are accurate can support arrest/incarceration, ideally before a death. Better and more intense support and encouragement could be offered to victims, especially repeat victims. Sussing the real story and offering support to the real victim can be enough to prompt a victim to leave/seek help. Time in jail for an abuser can flip on a lightbulb about how far the relationship has fallen away from normal or healthy.

I don't want my LE to shrug their shoulders when it comes to violence, especially the kind of violence that, more than any other kind, thrives behind closed doors. It requires a harder look.

Good post. BL also mentions he was afraid of her leaving in van without him. He says this around 14:35 mark body came YT video posted by fox 13 Tampa. He gives this as the reason he kept the van keys during the altercation.

My guess is threats of this were made throughout the trip. BL to GP.

Also it’s interesting he tells LE he doesn’t have a phone around the 14:35 mark, but he does because GP tells the officer to remind him to bring his phone charger. And that’s how they will communicate in the morning.

Oh, whatever. I'm sick to death of North Port authorities whining about the backlash after they failed to get basic visual confirmation that a person of interest in a national missing person case was actually in their jurisdiction. One set of eyes on the guy, just to confirm he was really here, that wasn't too much to expect when they REPEATEDLY stated that they "knew exactly" where the guy was.

What exactly should they have done? Forced their way into the home after the parents refused them entry? I genuinely want to know what people expected them to do of someone they had zero proof had committed a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat