Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, down there in the flats is very flat, and you will see bison, elk (wapiti), deer, and cattle grazing. It's pretty easy to cut across, and there are lots of game/cattle trails.

Thanks. People keep calling it rough terrain and that it would be impossible to hike the snake river to Coulter bay. I just don't see that. I don't even think it would take two full days to do it.

10:30am not pm

Much better than nothing, though. Thanks!
EXCELLENT list. Add to it that the 911 caller and eye witness said clearly that Laundrie was slapping and hitting Petito. That should have been a red flag as well. It was ignored and actually turned around on the girl.

What is your evidence here?

The police report clearly and specifically said that nobody claimed that the "male struck the female."

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”

Van spotted near where her body was found on the 27th. Van seen again on the 29th by elk spotters in a little town. Is that the town of Moran or were the guys checking for elk in the vicinity of the campground and noticed it? Thanks.

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”

Thank you. I really hope more comes to light in terms of these specific witnesses. I'm curious what time of day they were spotting for Elk, early morning or late afternoon and exactly where. Did they spot the van parked in the same location as the YouTube video showed evening of the 27th? Had it moved?

If it was late afternoon then it would also be around the time Miranda Baker apparently picked BL up and took him out of the area. IMO this was BL 's attempt to create an alibi but creating some distance by claiming to be out of the area where his fiancé was for multiple days.

10:30am not pm

EXCELLENT list. Add to it that the 911 caller and eye witness said clearly that Laundrie was slapping and hitting Petito. That should have been a red flag as well. It was ignored and actually turned around on the girl.

The police report clearly and specifically said that nobody claimed that the "male struck the female."

THAT could be really significant. It might indicate that BL was online since the "consumption" title was there - not in a swamp somewhere. Do you know when the title disappeared?

it disappeared today and the profile picture has been deleted. It is important - Spotify is like a social media account in that only the logged in user should be able to edit the playlists unless they are publicly collaboative, Brian and Gabby's aren’t, I checked. So either there’s a wierd blip in Spotify’s code that deleted the profile pic and the title that was manually inputted for Brian’s final playlist or Brian himself has deleted it somehow.

google tells me sometimes Spotify has a bug that deleted playlists and titles but it doesn’t seem to affect a single users single playlist. It affects all thier playlists. Brian and Gabby have 12 playlists. One has had the title deleted.

this *could* be important.

edited to add- I share an account with my partner on Spotify so we are both equally able to access the same spotify account, and I believe Brian and Gabby were doing the same on theirs.

I have no doubt they will catch BL, probably soon. I remember a tv show called Hunted where the goal was for the “fugitive” contestants to try to outrun the FBI for a few weeks for a prize. I was amazed at the tactics they used and the resources they were able to use. And that was about five years ago so I’m sure they have even more now. I’m also sure they didn’t reveal all the tools they have available to them in the show. Im always amazed at the little details they know in cases that end up being a big deal.
Exactly. BL, IMHO, is no match for the FBI.

This is a big deal to me. He VERY clearly said she had her phone, keys, and then corrected it and said he had the keys because he didn't have a phone and if she left him he'd be stuck (paraphrasing). He does have a phone, though, so why lie about something small like that?
Exactly. He also lied to LE about how long he and GB had been traveling in the van. He said 4 or 5 months, most likely to gain sympathy....".aww poor me,..."
They had only been traveling for 1.5 to 2 months.
If he lies about small things, he will lie about the big things.

I stated they BOTH were physical during the fight. I did not take a side. And yes, I watched the video without attaching any personal emotion to it. I watched it from a purely factual perspective. No one has the right to hit, scratch, punch, slap another human being.. not a man or a woman, neither one has that right.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but everyone has the right to do so to interdict reasonably apprehended threat of death or serious injury.

The problem for these cops is their main choices were doing as they did and creating a cooling off period, or hitting both or perhaps only Gabbie with a life altering domestic violence arrest record. If gabbie had been taken in on probably cause of domestic violence', virtually every cop who ever stopped her for anything in future would see it, as would a lot of potential employers -- and I promise you, other government agencies. And there are ways this could prejudice all future employment.

Crap..been reading and had my post all ready in my mind and forgot it cuz this thread is going so fast. I'll write it down and be back. He smack her, it was witnessed, and he took off so anyone bigger didn't come over and beat the **** out of him. Wish they could have..I'm a woman and I would have. But that wasn't my post

Yes and apparently that was not relayed to the cops making the stop, but instead the other witness who categorically said Gabbie initiated the violence.

We do not have all the information yet, but we do know for a fact that the information the police at the stop seem to have had was that of the independent witness who saw her initiate the
violence. Along with Gabbie's own statement that she did.

Again I do not think that is the entire story, and certainly some of the behavior and apparent bias of cops at the scene is troubling, but your citation is NOT what the witness who they spoke to said
Except that in the police report, written by Eric Pratt (officer who pulled them over) starts with the fact that a call came in saying that he was slapping her.

Thank you. I really hope more comes to light in terms of these specific witnesses. I'm curious what time of day they were spotting for Elk, early morning or late afternoon and exactly where. Did they spot the van parked in the same location as the YouTube video showed evening of the 27th? Had it moved?

If it was late afternoon then it would also be around the time Miranda Baker apparently picked BL up and took him out of the area. IMO this was BL 's attempt to create an alibi but creating some distance by claiming to be out of the area where his fiancé was for multiple days.
Elk hunters would most likely be out early in the morning, near dawn

I keep reading about the Spotify account. I can't imagine with it has to do with anything. Why does it matter?
I'm genuinely baffled why people think its meaningful.

The only reason it matters is that it gives us insight into BL and Gabby's state of mind during the final days of Gabby's life. She has a much-talked-about playlist too. BL's playlist entitled “Selfconsumption,” was created on Sept. 1st., during the van ride back to North Port. I don't believe people see the playlists as evidence, (at least I hope not) just interesting.

The audio recording of the 911 call by a witness was made public today.

In the call, the witness clearly says BL was slapping Gabby repeatedly.

Also, I know this is random but those flip flops outside the van, in my opinion, are not Gabby's. Her flip flops were white. Also, she was very small. I would suspect her shoe size would be a 7 or smaller. Those sandals are bigger. I think those are BL's flip flops.

I agree - I referenced a video earlier that included tiktok vids (that was removed, as it wasn't approved), but showed BL wearing flip flops like the ones outside the van, agree they are likely his...though, only time will tell, great observation though. :)

I viewed the playlist last night and the title was still there. So it was removed in last 24 hours. Either Spotify (was asked?) to remove the title or someone with access to the account did.

Oh wow I missed all of this Spotify updating until now. I can confirm I too looked at that playlist yesterday and it was title Self Consumption and now the title is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon