Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if they were using the trip back as a cooling off period- but 7 days in a hotel and flight cost seems like a big waste of $$. Moving stuff in and out of storage wouldn't take 7 days.
MOO
I think the cashier at the convenience store was right. He returned on the 20 or 21st. They stayed and "made up" for a day or two and when back in the van it was a Moab redo that got out of hand..

Look at this, one of the newly wed couples worked where the co-op incident took place with BL & GP from the police statement linked here https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1438214030271950857?s=21

Moonflower Community Cooperative in Moab said in a Facebook post that Schulte had worked there as a cashier for four years “and she was often the first friendly face that many of our owners and customers encountered when they walked through the door. Her genuine kindness, radiant energy, and tireless work ethic from hers touched the lives of countless people and will be deeply missed by Moonflower and the Moab community,” the post said.

Who is Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner? Wiki, Biography, Age, Missing Couple Found Dead

omg

Oh my.

Could this be a suicide? Could that explain why he took the van back to Florida and refuses to communicate with her parents? Could he be furious at her putting him in this position?

Imo.
I don't think so. What kind of person wouldn't call for help if someone committed suicide. You don't just walk away. You may be angry later but at the time any sane person would try to help them even if they were already gone. None of this makes sense. BL and his parents imo are hiding facts.

Because the boyfriend mentioned a mental illness (which was not bipolar disorder, because it wasn't that long of a statement) it could have been depression, it could be something like anxiety, IOW, something not as serious as what people think of when they think of "mental illness" and to have a cop say she was "manic" is not a diagnosis. She could have been just incredibly PO'd and who knows what their relationship was really like. Sounds like they had domestic violence issues for awhile. But to protect the boyfriend in a case like that is nuts IMO. She is 110 lbs, obviously not as strong as him.

Also keep in mind a police report can be wrong. I had my car broken into at a park a couple of years ago, called the cops, the police report about it was all messed up. It was like the police officer wasn't even listening to me. And he made up things that he said he told me and he actually didn't tell me those things. IOW, it's possible the police report is wrong about some things. Don't take it as gospel or even factual. Sometimes they see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear.

IMO!
It was anxiety they forgot to redact it towards the end of the report

I don't have enough information about what happened there, but Brian might have told his parents that they had decided to live separately. That would be enough to explain why she wasn't with him when he got back. Or he might have told them that she'd gotten a job in Yellowstone. I don't think her parents thought he'd done something to her until his mother got that text saying that Gabby had dropped off the face of the earth. (Obviously I don't know what happened. I have been alive a long time though....)
But why would be he be driving her van. I keep coming back to that. The van is Gabby's. Even if he told his family they broke up, she wouldn't have said "hey you take my van".

I’m about 6 pages behind so maybe someone else has contributed this but based on the info from that daily mail article about her staying at the Fairfield Inn, connected to the Perkins Restaurant and right by the FBI office, they stayed at the Fairfield Inn by the airport. He would’ve had parking options there and an airport shuttle.

The story about the two women being found dead was announced on the 20th.

If GP had happened to see on the local news on the hotel TV or online, that the two women who told BL to knock it off, stop hitting a woman, had turned up dead, could BL, having been asked by GP if he knew anything about it, perhaps have hastened his trip back to Utah, from the planned 23rd (as GP’s mother believed) to the 20th/21st?

Exactly. Was probably threatening to do it and she had to battle him for the keys/driver's seat.

So now we know that they were fighting, before August 13 (Brian admits to the "last few days" of fighting - Gabby is too emotional to make a statement).

So, again - any theories about why he flew home and removed her stuff from his parents' house?

I'm not sure I agree about his strategy with the plea bargaining. Depends a lot on what they have on him. As I understand it, so far, his lawyer is a general practice type of guy. And while Brian may try to evade speaking to LE, I wonder what his parents will do if they are roped into this with subpoenas? Which is sure to happen, the way things are stacking up.

Will they lawyer up as well? Take the 5th?

She is using sunscreen? These days, staying all one color (no tan lines) is very much a thing among young women. Gabby is positioning herself to be a youtube influencer of some kind - she certainly would know about sunscreen when traveling in the West. At any rate, she's equally pale throughout the trip - although her arms get gradually more tan (just slightly).

Her face is slightly paler than her neck, so I predict her sunscreen was of the type that includes tint, such as most of my students wear. She's the same shade as she was at the beach in FL, so I assume...sunscreen.

Police report from Moab states they both have what appears to be a mental illness (which is the reason the policeman gives for not arresting either of them). It's the same mental illness and neither is medicated, but she is "manic" so we can guess...and yes, that's about the age that it usually shows up.

Me too. And where is the information about his brief trip home being reported? I see it in the DM but no where else - surely we have a better source for that?

Really weird if he flew home just to clean out a storage unit (and move her property into his parents' house - I do think that gives a basis for an eventual search warrant). I wonder if they got a deal at that motel, because otherwise, that was a really expensive transfer of property out of a storage unit - just to save another couple of months of fees?

Her uncles handwritten note (He created a timeline on notebook paper)
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online
47954553-9993619-_No_service_in_Yosemite_reads_the_text_from_Petito_s_cell_phone_-a-4_1631727159407.jpg

Wow, this really fills in the picture!

"Mental illness", says the cop? Which, according to BL, neither of them takes meds for? They're seen having an altercation in public, and she's slapping him, resulting in scratches to his face? The officer separates them for their own good, until the next morning, telling them to use to the time arpart to calm down! Gabby tells the officer they've been cooped up in the van for months, and had gotten stressed out. 5 days later, he takes off for Florida to move her stuff out of his parents' house. Sounds like a break-up. So why'd he return to her?

This was their second cross-country trip together. The first one was done in something like a small sedan. Apparently, she thought that buying a van would resolve any close-quarters issues that may have (probably did) occurred on the first trip. But it sounds like it didn't work out the way she'd hoped.

They both have some kind of condition, that normally requires prescription meds to manage?! That's what the police report sounds like.

A lot of info to process, there. Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
This Incident Report dated 8/13 for an event on 8/12 is 3 pages, involves 2 Officers and 1 witness (Chris):

[URL='https://twitter.com/kkuizon']Kim Kuizon FOX 13@kkuizon
[/URL]

The report continues on with two officers who were called out with the Moab Police Department in reference to Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie.
@fox13news
#northport #whereisgabby

11:26 AM · Sep 15, 2021

Kim Kuizon FOX 13@kkuizon

This is just a snippet of a police report involving Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie. Police say they were responding to a call of disorderly conduct in Moab Utah.
@fox13news
#northport
11:05 AM · Sep 15, 2021·

I don't think they are protecting him!
I think they are doing g what their lawyer tells them to do!
Her mom said his parents love her!
So I do not think they are doing g this out of spite they are following g legal consul!
Jmo
I think they following advice of legal counsel but this is still really odd behavior to me. I had a family member commit a crime against another person and how BLs parents are acting is the complete opposite of our behavior. We spoke to LE and were cooperative despite being heartbroken about what we knew the results would be. My family member acted irrationality thinking they could somehow avoid or run away from the issue and we of course offered to help the family member with a lawyer but we were still cooperative with LE. At the time we did not know a great deal of details other than what LE provided us with.

This leads me to think BLs family has knowledge of what occurred. Maybe even gave advice or something similar. Therefore the reason for the families silence as well as BLs.

MOO

I hope someone is getting his IG before it's removed.....
Yes
I just worry, after seeing all the places they have traveled to, with all the caves, cliffs, woods... YIKES..
She could be anywhere, Unfortunately :(

If only he would talk.

I cannot imagine how her parents feel --
I am so angry at him for not helping her parents and LE look for her or tell them what happened.
UGH

Where is Gabby ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads