Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO: I'm going to float a theory that's crossed my mind a few times, based on the inclusion of the song on the Spotify playlist about picking someone up at the bar. MAYBE GP & BL broke up before he headed to FL for the week while she stayed in the Salt Lake hotel. MAYBE she met someone at a bar and spent some time with them. MAYBE when BL came back they made up and she felt compelled to be upfront about what happened when he was away. MAYBE he couldn't accept that and started plotting revenge.

Again, MOO and pure speculation.
Sounds like a fanfic IMO but stranger things have happened so who knows.

Replying to @MadMcGoo 's post Part II.

I rewatched the vid and think a lot of people were more focused on the canopy being erected than what's staring you right in the face. At least I was till I rewatched it AFTER realizing the orange and black item on the ground could have been Gabby. This pic is from :02 seconds in. And sorry to say it's YET another angle which makes it hard (for me) to keep things lined up.

I've pointed to the same black item on the ground with a red arrow here, that's visible in Pic 2 of the above post . I'm also pointing at a searchers foot and leg with a blue arrow so you'll know what that is. If Pic 1 in the above post was taken NORTH/South think of the pic in this post taken from SOUTH/North (or upside down). That's the same taller yellow leaved tree with a shorter green leaved tree as seen in other pics. The canopy looks closer than other pics taken from different angles. As I said... just think of it as being upside down to Pic 1 in the post above.

ETA back the pic that was deleted somehow. I suspect it's because I had multiple windows open creating 3 different posts.

Link to post I'm referring to: WY - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Original media source: Speculation Gabby Petito was buried as helicopter footage captures discovery

Attachments

• Gabby_black_on_ground.jpg
    Gabby_black_on_ground.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Vans/campers are very difficult to keep orderly, it gets out of control QUICK. Like you said they were literally "picture-perfect" for the purpose of a good social media photo.
Yes, honestly, you have to have a place for everything and a daily routine which includes keeping things orderly. Each person needs their own stuff in their own place and each person needs to have the ability to have "alone" time in the small space. Two of us have traveled/camped/backpacked in tiny vehicles/tents for years and we've survived in part because of this. For 2 people to venture out on such a lengthy trip, they are set up for difficulty. Shorter trips to prepare might generally be a good idea.

Possible, but what would be the motive for just not breaking up with her? Second, if premeditated why not do a better job (fall off a cliff, something that looks accidental)?

MOO Nothing about this case looks like premeditation. They had camped in some out of the way places previously, but his plan is to kill her in the grand central station of the outback.

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1440413325964177416?s=21

Search crews facing difficulties in hunt for Brian Laundrie trib.al/mO9JK7F

Search crews in the Florida wildlife preserve where Gabby Petito’s boyfriend Brian Laundrie may have gone missing said they’re up against “very difficult,” swampy conditions — with the investigation complicated by him having several days to get ahead of them.

Laundrie, 23, had already been gone a full weekwhen search efforts resumed Tuesday on the Venice side of the 25,000-acre Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County.

“The search area gets bigger every hour you don’t find him,” Chris Boyer, executive director of the non-profit National Association for Search and Rescue told The Post.

Boyer said the hunt becomes even more difficult if Laundrie “doesn’t want to be found and he’s being evasive.”

“It’s not that hard to hide from ground searchers that are just using their Mark I Eyeball,” Boyer added, using a military term that means naked eye.

Someone was asking if you can listen to police scanners… there is an app for IPhone called Police Scanner (pic below for reference).. you just select the city, state and department you want to listen in to. But you will hear all radio traffic including traffic stops. It’s a public app BUT..more than likely they are running on a private channel for this case so public can’t listen in.

Attachments

• 2DD97DE1-73E9-479E-B131-25721DB0FE8A.jpeg
    2DD97DE1-73E9-479E-B131-25721DB0FE8A.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 4
“I just quit my job to travel across the country, and I’m trying to start a blog, a travel blog, so I’ve been building my website,” Petito said, visibly distressed, in the recording that was released by Utah police on September 16. “I’ve been really stressed, and he doesn’t really believe that I can do any of it.”*
Bodycam footage shows chaotic inside of Gabby Petito’s van

*The above statement gives us more insight into this case than any other statement. imo

Laundrie pulls out his phone minutes after telling cops 'I don't really, I don't have a phone'Credit: Moab City Police Department

Shock moment Gabby Petito's fiancé is caught on camera lying to cops

I had wondered if I was the only who noticed he said he didn’t have a phone when he damn well did. I was going to ask, but thought I should rewatch it first, but couldn’t bring myself to rewatch. It’s all a bit awful.

I’ve lived on the US/MX border most of my life. Mexican customs is not checking nationality when someone enters by land bridge into Mexico. They are more concerned on taxing things of value being imported or taken back into the country. You would need a passport or border crossing card to travel back into US, because this is one of the requirements by US Customs. Citizens could potentially still trace back to US without either but it would be a long process to verify your identity and citizenship.
we drive across w a truckload of kids several times a year w nothing but DL and birth certs.

Attachments

• Gabby_in orange.jpg
    Gabby_in orange.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 397
  • petito_orange shirt.jpg
    petito_orange shirt.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 292
I think the story goes he'd said where he was going to hike and when he hadn't returned they went looking and saw the car.

Such an odd story too. If my son went hiking and didn't come home, I don't see why I'd remove his transportation as opposed to leaving a note back not to tow and contacting whoever ticketed it. "Welp, he's clearly not coming back, might as well bring his car home and catch the news."

Someone was asking if you can listen to police scanners… there is an app for IPhone called Police Scanner (pic below for reference).. you just select the city, state and department you want to listen in to. But you will hear all radio traffic including traffic stops. It’s a public app BUT..more than likely they are running on a private channel for this case so public can’t listen in.

I use an app called Broadcastify. I even feature on it 4 days a week ;).

Oh for sure. I totally agree that this was full of judgment calls. They do the best they can with the information they have. I have seen a lot of people rail against those officers claiming she wouldn't be dead if they had taken her to jail and/or read the situation correctly. Abusers like Brian (if he's what I think he is) are extremely hard to figure out, especially in 75 minutes. Women stay in relationships for years without realizing what's slowly happening to them. I am sure those officers feel terrible and have guilt over getting it "wrong" but honestly, I don't see how they could have gotten it right with the info in front of them.
I have been critical of these officers or one in particular, but not because neither of them were jailed. It was the male officer being all pally with Brian, bringing his personal bias into it and saying 'his ex wife was toxic) and laughing when Brian called Gabby crazy. I think that is the reason that most were critical of him. Unprofessional behavior.

In relation to charging of phone: we have a solar charger, measures about 8x4x1 inches. When camp we leave it on the picnic table, when we hike my partner straps it to the top of his back pack, when we travel we throw it on the dashboard. Works amazingly. Seems like something a can life blogger might have.

From a previous post:
"AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)"

So, in the middle of a 4 month trip he *had* to jet back to FL to juggle things in a storage unit around? I assume those have been searched, or will be, but how odd is that. Giving them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps they anticipated this, that's a lot of money to spend on plane fare when perhaps arrangements could have been made prior to their trip to get the unit settled. Wonder what he brought back with him after that trip.

This is a really hinky/suspect part of the story if only because it is so unclear and makes zero sense as first related. Who would FLY to FL during a PLANNED trip to move stuff into or out of storage? If that was an issue you'd do it before you left. IMO there's got to be more to this story.

Don't know that we'll ever be told but it's really hinky. And what did Gabby tell her parents about that time period? Seems they knew she was in a hotel-they likely were paying for it-my son is a 23 yr old engineer and he still uses my credit card at times-these kids didn't seem to have a lot of independent resources. She stayed at a "name brand" airport hotel so not the cheapest, especially this year.

What was that interlude about really? Gabby couldn't have told her parents anything too bad, probably nothing bad at all. Maybe she made up an excuse or he did and she parroted it? The trip itself is baffling. But due to proximity to her death it may be relevant.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a database or a record placed on some kind of electronic register when someone passes from the US to Canada?

Yes, they show their passport and their vaccination card etc, but is this recorded anywhere or scanned, or would it just be a case of LE having to trawl through CCTV of the border?

I'm on an 'island' (Great Britain!) which is why I'm unsure on this since we have no land borders!
Yes, when you pass through a port of entry into Canada, your passport is scanned, or passport card. In the case of a potential fugitive, the US State Department would just ask Canada if such and such person entered, when and where, and Canada would easily be able to provide that info. Most nations do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1