Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly believe that the reason for he lack of reward and appeals for help locating him are due to LE knowing way more than we do. I also think it is possible that they aren’t looking for anyone alive.

also, to clarify because it keep coming up. There are TWO cross memorials:
~ one near where she was found laid by LE out of respect for her
~ one where she was found by her stepfather, on behalf of the family
I think both are a beautiful tribute but that aside, there a two.

I wonder if LE is watching the purchases of the Laundrie's right now? For instance, was it just a gallon of milk at the store or was it considerably more and only the milk went back home?

Can they do this now or does he have to be named a suspect before they investigate on that level?
Not sure but if they are, we’re not gonna know about it. They’re playing the investigation close to the vest much like any FBI investigation

There have been some questions about the timeline of witnesses who saw GP and BL in late August. Here are some notes I made for myself, but I don’t know how to share actual links, so this just a summary….

On TikTok, “Jessica Over Yonder” said she and friends were camping in the Spread Creek area Aug. 22-29 … she said “I BELIEVE” it was the 26th, when she first saw Gabby’s white van with BL by himself

The Bethune family (with great videos on YouTube) noticed the white van parked there on Friday Aug. 27th

Nina Angelo posted on TikTok that she and her boyfriend were visiting Jackson Hole for a wedding and said they saw BL arguing with the server or hostess at the restaurant on Friday Aug. 27th at lunchtime, and GP crying

Another TikTok person and her boyfriend gave a ride to a hitchhiker, who they believe was BL, on Aug. 29th, which also was the date that TikTok Jessica above saw the white van for the last time

It seems to me that unless Jessica is positive she saw the van as early as the 26th, the other dates might line up to make sense, in my opinion.
Yes I think he killed her on the afternoon of the 27th and Jessica saw him not long after that, not on the 26th. He was riled up from the restaurant fight on the 27th, and from what Gabby’s mom says there had been rising tensions for a while. So he completely snapped and then she’s gone and he panics and starts behaving erratically before finally deciding to run home to Fl. That’s what makes the most sense IMO. Just can’t get over the way he left her there in the dirt like that.

I have felt for some time that he locked her out of the van and drove off when he was purported to have flown home to Florida or even if he did, I think that he left the van and took the keys in an airport car park and that is why she was so upset when he took her phone and tried to lock her out of the van in Moab. MOO.
I agree, I think he took off with the van and she didn't tell her parents, but that's why she was in a hotel. The "he flew home" story just doesn't make sense.

Has there been any confirmation from LE that any of the following occurred:

- BL traveled back to Florida by plane during the road trip.
- BL and his parents went on a camping trip between when he came back to FL in the van and when Gabby was reported missing.
- The sighting at the restaurant or the other lady who is now claiming to have seen him alone.

I’m mainly curious about the plane trip to see if LE ever confirmed that happened. But I feel like the last two on the list, the camping trip and the newest sightings are muddying the waters a bit. I just want to make sure we aren’t trying to make random rumors fit the timeline.

No. LE likely can get confirmation as to whether BL drove that car back to Florida. He would have had to have stopped at quite a few gas stations enroute and there would be some footage, I’m sure. It is highly unlikely MOO that anyone else drove that van back to his home. So doubtful he flew back. Of course, there is that issue that we here are not 100% sure when JL got home and when he was at the house. No definitive verification of that. Neighbors don’t seem all that certain as to when they saw him. But my guess is that he drove that van back and told his parents something that caused them to call an attorney , shut down any comments even to frantic parents of GP calling, and keep their son away from LE entirely.

Okay, I’m really confused. First, the searchers were across the creek in the flats and put up a tent. Then a cross was placed near the creek by searchers. Now her stepdad put a cross where her body was actually found and that spot is very close to where BL parked the van by the road. Somebody help me out here, please.

I recall her remains were found just short of 700 feet from where the van was parked. That is pretty close. Is this where her Dad placed his cross? You did not give an exact distance. If not, perhaps he was mistaken as to where she was found?

Why isn’t there a huge cash reward offered for the discovery of Brain Laundrie?
I think the offer of a reward would loosen lips in this case. $50K seems like a good start. Anyone along the familial food chain might find turning him in more appealing if there was a cash incentive. Its also an encouragement for professional bounty hunters.

biggest puzzle for me so far is the family dynamics. one plausible explanation for the rather cold hearted treatment from brian's mom and dad to gabby's mom and dad is brian's mom and/or dad disliked gabby prior to this trip. and because of the dislike maybe brians mom & dad told brian that he and gabby had to find their own place whenever the trip ended, but brian never told gabby until maybe that last day. . perhaps that's why brian flew home and moved stuff into storage. could be when brian got home he told his mother and father that gabby was gonna fly back to new york. then when all the reports of gabby's missing status he says she was alive when he left her but she had made friends with a bunch of hippie gypsies. seems like brians mom and dad might buy that. maybe alot of parents would. it's all speculation and MOO but my main point is i have to think there was a strong dislike of gabby by one or both of brian's parents before these two even started their travel. MOO.

I think it's more complex, but that you are onto something. Brian had 'issues' and was not 'launched.' Having a loyal girlfriend was a step - but obviously way above Brian's maturity level. They knew that, but the only way to intervene was to encourage him to split from her. Having that relationship was way too much for him - and his parents knew it.

Why was it so? Well, I think Brian gives us lots of clues and the parents, if they had a chance, could tell us a lot about preventing this kind of tragedy.

I think the mom in particular knew he was lying about Gabby and hippy gypsies. She knew her son. But...she was used to taking his word above the word of family outsiders - really common.

I don't know if it was "dislike" for Gabby or whether the parents just knew that Brian couldn't cope. Trying to warn her might come across as "discouraging the relationship" or "disliking" Gabby. At any rate, the parents probably had a bad feeling even before they started out - I agree. Brian was very sheltered, introverted and literally living in his own private Idaho...

Last edited:
I believe the witness said that they had just sat down so I don't think they had ordered food so no receipt but the witness has a receipt for her and boyfriend's meal so they have a time stamp. jmo
Maybe that's why no one on staff at the restaurant noticed the incident.

I truly believe that the reason for he lack of reward and appeals for help locating him are due to LE knowing way more than we do. I also think it is possible that they aren’t looking for anyone alive.

also, to clarify because it keep coming up. There are TWO cross memorials:
~ one near where she was found laid by LE out of respect for her
~ one where she was found by her stepfather, on behalf of the family
I think both are a beautiful tribute but that aside, there a two.
BBM- Maybe one memorial is where she was murdered and the other is where she was found? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member