Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back in four times is pretty 'in your face' IMO.

Yes, it's staggering. Obviously BL feels like he's never 'finished' with an argument, and there's always more he needs to add.
I wish LE would have walked into that restaurant when he was in full swing.....he would've become as sweet as a lamb, just like he did in the Utah police video.

Couldn’t GP and BL have set up the tent where the investigators put the across?
I'm not sure why there has to be a tent anywhere in this scenario? GP and BL may have had a tent with them. It doesn't mean they necessarily set it up. And this spot evidently wasn't a designated camp spot: it was a parking or pull over spot. You wouldn't want to be setting up equipment if you were camped illegally, surely?

I do not believe BL killed Gabby on Friday, August 27, if that was indeed him that was picked up hitchhiking by Miranda on the 29th. That would mean he either was right there with van and body, or left with van and body right there to be discovered. I believe he left shortly after he killed Gabby. I don’t believe he would want to stick around with her body after doing the deed. MOO
I could see that he might just go in the van and put his pillow over his head. That seems to be what he has done since he arrived back home.

I agree they are dedicating ALL of their resources to this one area and seem set on it.

Yes, unfortunately, as I feel like he’d only go there to commit suicide. Now I could be totally off base. I hope I am. I’d much rather he be found alive.

Now it may be that he was feeling pretty relaxed at home until they found the Spread Creek Campground evidence. So it wasn’t possible to flee very far.

But he was clearly taking measures to not be caught.

Exactly. So when BL drive it away without her permission, he stole it. I get that the van was not reported stolen, but obviously she was unable to do so. I’ve been stopped and have to show my license and registration, so I don’t get it. The van was NOT his. And HE or his stellar parents wouldn’t say where she was, IMO they should have been arrested at that point. All of them. Just my aggravated opinion. At least BL would have been in custody.
Exactly. So when BL drive it away without her permission, he stole it. I get that the van was not reported stolen, but obviously she was unable to do so. I’ve been stopped and have to show my license and registration, so I don’t get it. The van was NOT his. And HE or his stellar parents wouldn’t say where she was, IMO they should have been arrested at that point. All of them. Just my aggravated opinion. At least BL would have been in custody.

I do not know Wyoming law on this. If BL ends up pleading not guilty to charges, then he is leaving open that he possibly did not know Gabby was dead when he took the van home and that he had full permission to use it as if it were his. That maybe she took off with other people after a fight and breakup with him, and she told him to take the van and get away from her. Or that he could not find her, and he freaked out and took the van home as the understanding they had was that he drove the van. Gabby has been seen on video tape saying she doesn’t like to drive that van and this trip was a joint venture.
Perhaps car theft charges will be thrown in the mix when LE decides to charge BL with homicide charges. But standing alone, there is no evidence he stole the van. The instant , Gabby was found dead, her family could have demanded the van unless it was somehow willed or stipulated he get it in such a case. We’ll see who does get the van when LE is finished with it. I think it will go to her family.

No disrespect to you, Interlude, but who cares who made the larger cross? It was probably just someone visiting the scene. A tourist.
WOW !!!
While I realize it does not help solve where BL is or what exactly happened to Gabby, it is a nice tribute to someone murdered (Yes, LE has said it is a homicide, per ME )
Plus you never know... murderers have been know to "REVISIT " the SOC or burial so could be trivial to who made it.

JMO

‘Camping with friends lady’ ?
Lady with the dog or Camping with friends lady is actually known as “Jessica Over Yonder” on TikTok :)
Thats red white and bhue something or other. They spotted the van on the evening of the 29th.

It was actually Red, White and Bethune (the family with the bus who did the videos on YouTube) that saw the van on Friday August 27th late in the day … you can see it if you go to YouTube.

TikTok Jessica Over Yonder posted thst she saw the van on August 29th, and on the 29th was when the other couple picked up a hitchhiker who they believe was BL

it was reported on multiple MSM sites I’m assuming they wouldn’t lie as it’s easy to verify. LE should have a record
Note found on Brian Laundrie’s car after disappearance
I assume LE has a record if there was in fact a "note" but they don't have much of a reason to tell us whether they did or did not leave one. Plus, since the timeline given by the Laundrie family lawyer does not line up at all with the reality of when the car was and was not in the driveway, I tend to believe that the note was a fabrication that MSM took as fact because it came from a lawyer. Either the lawyer lied about the mustang story or the parents told the lawyer a lie. I assume it was the parents who fed a lie to their lawyer, but who knows.

No, definitely not flawed. You explained it well so I can see how the parts fit together for the restaurant visit, but perhaps not yet for the sighting by JS or whatever the Idaho one is. The initial article I read that mentioned the restaurant had the manager or someone quoted as saying the place is really busy in the summer and they didn’t recall the encounter (which is why I said rumor) but they must have gone back and checked records later on and found a credit or debit card receipt to confirm.

Also, to clarify, I wasn’t saying the flight was a rumor. I was clear that I know that is what her dad said he was told by Gabby… but I just edited to make it even more clear. I just wondered if LE ever said it actually happened that he flew back.
LE have not clarified anything at all, sadly, nor will they.
This is the restaurant confirmation in which they acknowledge the communications they had with the couple that witnessed the altercation.
No idea why he returned to Florida for that break but the storage unit story sounds lame, unless his home situation was changing and the property was going back on the market or something, I speculate wildly.

Where does it say Brian made the stone cross?
I had said it would be creepy to think... what if he did ?
As the stepfather of Gabby made the second cross in a thin grove of trees with a bunch of wildflowers.

There was a post quoting a msm source saying it was unknown ... later amended to say that the CSI team placed it.
I went back and edited a bit late.
My mistake.

Cross appears near Gabby Petito search area in apparent tribute to 22-year-old | WKRN News 2
It is unknown who put the memorial there.

At the time of the writing of the article, it was unknown.
Tbh, I don't think BL would take the time to do this.
Hardly.
He was hurrying back home to his parents.

Petito spokesperson confirmed cross of stones was placed by CSI at spot Gabby's body was recovered - Democratic Underground
Petito spokesperson confirmed cross of stones was placed by CSI at spot Gabby's body was recovered

E_5yKaKVIAQCfwf.jpg

UPDATE (Sept. 22) -- A Petito family spokesperson has confirmed to our partners at CBSNews that the cross was left by the investigation team at the spot where Gabby’s body was recovered in Spread Creek

I love this photo with the sun shining down on the cross.
And that Gabby is at peace in a beautiful place.

Still not fair, she had so much life ahead of her. :(

Last edited:
Yes, unfortunately, as I feel like he’d only go there to commit suicide. Now I could be totally off base. I hope I am. I’d much rather he be found alive.

Now it may be that he was feeling pretty relaxed at home until they found the Spread Creek Campground evidence. So it wasn’t possible to flee very far.

But he was clearly taking measures to not be caught.
If he only went there to suicide, why would he need a backpack and large backpack with hip straps?

bbm
I missed reading that !
Apparently I'm missing quite a few facts today.

If he concealed Gabby in that bag, hopefully there's still ample evidence ?
100 lbs isn't very heavy.
Maybe he carried her to the burial spot ?

Eta: The CSI team made the first cross of stones.

The cod hasn't been released, but by now the coroner must know; as her remains have been returned to her family.
And her death was a homicide, so evidence of injuries incompatible with life were found.
Imo.

i agree it’s not far for one to walk but in that terrain with the rocks, small little streams etc it’s not an easy walk with a body or even harder dragging a body. I agree it must have happened out there.

I apologize as Monday I questioned if it was that close to the camp area and it had been reportedly full that weekend and most likely several others including Labor Day how nobody found her, for nearly a month. Most campers don’t just stay in that camp area so I would think t would of been spotted or buzzards etc and someone would get curious. Anyways when I posted that I was told it was 600/900 yards but now your saying feet which makes it closer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mykand