Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole cross situation is so confusing. It seems there's been more than one flip flop on this. If it was existing before her body being discovered, has anyone looked for it on the chopper videos? Seems it would be reasonably evident?

Many on this site have kids. Some of those kids are at school today. Imagine if you go pick up your child after school today and they are not there. You’d look for the teacher, the classmates right? And if they said ya, um, so I got nothing to say cuz it’s my constitutional right. What would you do? Would that be ok?
Why is this any different?
I’m still reeling from this, still in shock how he got away with this? God bless GP’s dad. That man must have nerves of steel and incredible restraint because I’m sure many of us are thinking “I would have been at BL’s door with a baseball bat within 24 hrs demanding to know where my child is”.

No parent would be OK with that. Shocked parents can refrain from assaulting someone to get them to talk.
It is NOT normal for people to clam up when someone is missing especially finance, a girlfriend. It is beyond bizarre.

In the timeline above, it says: AUG 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab

Who is BF?
that may be a typo - let me check

ETA: Gabby does not have a post on her Instagram for August 13 - I'm not sure where that entry came from - will research further.

Last edited:
No. The step father created the cross under the trees on Wednesday.

The original, larger cross by the creek was already there and the creator is unknown. It was not done by anyone related to the family or search teams.
MY unpopular opinion is that NO ONE should be assembling crosses on federal forest land. First of all, it's a religious symbol and secondly, they don't know for sure where she died. The appropriate thing to do is leave the forest as you find it and have a respectful memorial where the family chooses, with the people attending being family and friends. JMO

The first reporter who found and tweeted about it prematurely said it was made by investigators but later deleted the tweet. By then media already caught wind of it so IMO there’s still a chance it wasn’t made by them. Wouldn’t it technically be a disturbing of the crime scene for investigators to have done it? I personally believe the cross was already there and IMO, made by Brian.
I think if the cross was made by Brian it would have been seen in the live helicopter footage.

BBM. I’ve more or less been leaning toward him being in there — possibly deceased from suicide— because the FBI is extremely intent on days of heavy-duty searches with all sorts of technology.

The only thing which confuses me is the information yesterday from the neighbors who said the Laundries had stocked up the camper and left with BL for 3 days — making it sound as though they’d left him somewhere with provisions, so he could be on the run. Your thoughts? And yours, @MassGuy ?

The camping trip was new information for us yesterday. I truly believe and hope that it was not new information for LE and FBI here's why. I would bet that as soon as Gabby's remains were found in Wyoming, FBI sat down BL's parents and in a very convincing way suggested that they tell them all of BL"s movements since returning home on Sept 1, including the camping trip. FBI has probably already has evidence about every detail of that camping trip, and yet they continue searching the reserve. MOO but he's definitely in there..we just don't know if he's alive or dead.

from the article...

He returned home to Florida alone in the couple's van on September 1, around two months into the couple's planned four-month cross-country road trip.
Laundrie immediately retained an attorney and refused to cooperate with the police.​

I don't think he/they "immediately retained an attorney". I think that has been taken as fact without any real proof of when the Laundrie's first got an attorney involved. It makes it sound like as soon as he got back, he was already on the defensive.

The facts that we know is that she wasn't officially reported missing until the 11th and the first we heard of the Laundrie lawyer was when LE tried to ask questions about the missing person. On or after the 11th.

I don't really know that it matters in terms of sentiment that this family was 100% uncooperative at the beginning of public knowledge of this case. I just feel like that has been a willful misdirection in a case chock full of misdirection. Again, is that meaningful at this point? Probably not. I just like to see better reporting I guess.

I've seen speculation (some here, more elsewhere) whether BL could be in NYC or on Long Island. I'd just like to say, I don't think Long Island is a good place to hide. Ime most of it functions as one giant suburb, all houses and businesses, with truly wild areas few. Many residents there have a vigilant, anti-crime, NIMBY kind of attitude about anything out of order. It's hard to generalize ofc because each Long Island village / area has its own subculture, but still, I can't see this as a good move for him.

NYC proper, he'd need to blend in with either the homeless population, or the residents. I'm not sure he can do either of those things very effectively. He either needs to really clean up, or really dirty down.

While people have mentioned the NY press as having it in for him, reporters are not going to be out combing the streets of the greater NYC area for BL. I think regular citizens might notice him, though. The pandemic has made people more wary here. I find myself scrutinizing others more, and being scrutinized, because of various safety concerns.

All MOO, of course.

Because this keeps getting confused:

There are TWO stone crosses, one from the step father, another (larger) one with unknown origin.

The larger one was not created by LE or SAR (this has been reported incorrectly by some media outlets, initially), and was clearly there for quite some time already, as is evident by the erosions and drifts:

petito-cross03nik6m.jpg

Last edited:
This may have already been pointed out, but it is a 36-hour drive from Jackson WY to North Port FL -- roughly the route BL would have had to take to drive the van back to his parents'. That would be a very long two days, or more likely 2.5-3 days of driving.

MOO: So, if he arrived in North Port on Sept 1, and the text about being in Yosemite was sent on Aug 30, it is likely he was driving home on the 30th, 31st, and 1st -- or possibly just the 31st and 1st. But that would have been a very long drive.

I have driven 22hrs straight, with 3 or 4 bathroom breaks all because at the end of an extended-family vacation I did not want to spend one more night in a hotel with them on the scheduled 2-day drive home. Haha! (I really do love my family. It was just a long vacation.) I don’t think it would be a problem to make his drive to FL on a few hours of sleep in the van here and there. I doubt he was able to sleep much anyway.JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy