Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't weighed in at all on the stop but I am glad they are taking a look at this. I think there needs to be some legislative answer to a situation like this that is less than charging the abused party with DV. I know in retrospect we just look at the chance to save Gabby's life, but the officers were likely also weighing the consequences to Gabby of a DV arrest. It can have life-long consequences. It would come up in every background check going forward even if charges were dismissed. If you are trying to help people leave abusive relationships, the answer can't be an option that results in diminished job prospects. You want the abused party to be able to be financially independent from the abuser. A DV arrest can also prevent you from serving as a foster parent, adopting, and other activities that require a background check. So I feel for the officers who may not have thought saddling Gabby with that would be helpful in the long run.

There has to be a better way to address these situations going forward and I'm glad they are investigating.

Absolutely agree. DV is still a dirty little secret and victim's are afraid to report for many various reasons.

I think LE did the best that they could during the stop. I don't think it would have changed the eventual outcome for Gabby, unfortunately.

It is noteworthy to remember amongst all of LE that was there, there was only one female park ranger who instinctively knew what was happening in that moment that it was Gabby was in trouble with her relationship.

So that angers me in a way as the 'men' didn't pick up on the fact that when they approached the window on Gabby's side she was crying hysterically. Women usually don't become sobbing messes by being pulled over by police, especially when they aren't even the drivers. Something happened to HER (not BL) prior to the stop.

I knew in my own gut immediately she was the victim of some domestic dispute prior to that stop.

True, it's not proof, but I think if you look at people's song search immediately after an emotional event you can get a glimpse of their emotional state. Example. If I just got bad news and it makes me sad I don't start playing head banging metal even though I love it. I listen to sad songs that sooth me. If something made me angry then the metal comes out to match the inner rhythms of my emotion

I feel for any business that might be mentioned in this. They could be getting more business, but it's more likely there are a bunch of social media assassins who are going to target their Yelp page because they didn't save GP

I get that in emotional times people grasp at anything to make the situation make sense. IMO its a stretch. I believe the song was on the playlist long before GP disappeared anyway.

Really? At exactly the same time that they were known to be at Teton? Making a public spectacle with a fight? I worked in restaurants for over ten years and although there were plenty of unpleasant incidents, I can remember one such public blow-out in my entire time in the industry, including at places that served alcohol. I think it's a stretch to think that there was another couple that looked a lot like them that had a big public argument in a restaurant at the same time that these two were known to be in the area. JMO.
The restaurant is less than an hour away from where the van was spotted.

I totally believe them. The restaurant one has at least three, up to five, witnesses, including the restaurant saying that they were there. They almost certainly have a receipt with GP or BL's names on it. I would be willing to bet quite a bit of $ that we will see evidence at trial or hear from several credible witnesses about the incident. If it goes to trial.

We also know the couple in the news saying they were privy to the spat uploaded a copy of their restaurant receipt; so they, at least, are tied to the restaurant on a certain day and time at minimum.

I hope they're good with motion sickness, geez.

That thing is just powerful, even watching the guy back up out of it was impressive to me.
We have these trucks called stump jumpers on LI, knocks trees clear out of the way during a brush fire. I always wanted to ride in one lol

If I remember correctly, the footage covered a large area where the body was found. There are no trees around the bigger cross to hide it from view. Even if it wasn't filmed, I would think anyone flying over the area would have spotted it.

For those desperate to locate the crime scene here you go. THis was one of the first unofficially Rxd photos.

and I think I need my beauty sleep or the kidon will fall on me on the morrow or the witch hrs will now.... ZZZZZ

Hope the bounty hunters get him in Mexico and he comes back with Gangrene in his legs from the shoot out. Some people are too bad to send to the Chair.

KG

Attachments

• CrimeSceneTwttrGabbyP.JPG
    CrimeSceneTwttrGabbyP.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 138
I totally believe them. The restaurant one has at least three, up to five, witnesses, including the restaurant saying that they were there. They almost certainly have a receipt with GP or BL's names on it. I would be willing to bet quite a bit of $ that we will see evidence at trial or hear from several credible witnesses about the incident. If it goes to trial.

Initially the restaurant was quoted to say the summer is very busy and they didn’t remember the encounter. I feel like if he was screaming and carrying on to the extent the lady claimed he was, that would be memorable to the staff. I have no doubt they were there, since they later acknowledged that they were, and he probably did cause a scene, but I think the lady likely exaggerated how bad it was. I think they would have confirmed there was a huge blow up.

Last edited:
BBM. I’ve more or less been leaning toward him being in there — possibly deceased from suicide— because the FBI is extremely intent on days of heavy-duty searches with all sorts of technology.

The only thing which confuses me is the information yesterday from the neighbors who said the Laundries had stocked up the camper and left with BL for 3 days — making it sound as though they’d left him somewhere with provisions, so he could be on the run. Your thoughts? And yours, @MassGuy ?
Forward thinking here in reference to the supposed 3 day camping trip, if BL is in hiding somewhere at the aid of his parents, and FBI has looked into it and unsuccessful with cell tower pings, plate readers, road cam pics. Maybe the FBI can research the red truck/camper bed, check the last oil change date and mileage (assuming average daily mileage around town for the duration), and determine the estimated total mileage driven for 3 days on camping trip, and possibly come to a general distance of how far they traveled. The area of Florida they are from is essentially surrounded by water and I-75 and I-95 are the routes north with I-10 to the west, Key West to south would be max. distance in that direction. FBI should also have checked the navigation system in the red truck/camper. Again, not sure how smart they are with covering up their tracks from this trip. The oil change sticker usually states mileage with a date, this could give them a possible circle of area if this 3 day camping trip did occur. I also realize that he could have left the vehicle at any juncture during the 3 days.

LE may have info that they aren't sharing. They must have a reason to believe BL is in that reserve when they continue to look for him. They have technology to scan the park at night to see if he is walking around in there alive. So far he hasn't been found. Does that mean this is a recovery mission? Are they searching for his body? If he was eaten by a gator, how will they find him? Do they have a way to determine which gator is unusually full? Does the reserve have a "class list" of all the alligators present there? Are they tagged and accounted for or is it just wildlife? How long does it take for an alligator to digest a large meal? Do they eat clothing and backpacks? Would that digest too?
this made me laugh but also made me have to google alligators. . . they are always hangry. . .they have 80 teeth and they regrow them. here's another factoid. . .
Alligators consume food that cannot be eaten in one bite by allowing it to rot or by biting and then spinning or convulsing wildly until bite-size pieces are torn off. This is referred to as the ‘death roll’.
That's a great thought. Although the Can You Help Stan message is just a shortened thing for "Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls" which is the full text message.

. . .if they retrieve her phone on the preserve, and he's in there, that's a connect the dots case right? Last, isn't there some way they can tap into her voicemails and bypass security to see what all this text is even about. Stating the obvious here without using the grand dad's name. . . and that's a long text message for someone to write when they are in danger. i'd just say help me.

There was a link a couple days ago indicating it was confirmed my Petito family it was left by investigators. I can't find it now but I recall that was the answer to that question.
MOO

Yes but after that we had a direct quote from someone who was there with the step father and he indicated that no one associated with the search left it. I think that is better than unnamed sources, imo.

Gabby Petito: Stepfather lays flowers at site where YouTuber’s body was found

Sorry if already asked and answered. The camping trip with the parents, do we know the exact dates?

Or could be that they liked the song? I mean I have some questionable angry songs on my playlist but would never dream of killing someone. Its a stretch IMO
True, it's not proof, but I think if you look at people's song search immediately after an emotional event you can get a glimpse of their emotional state. Example. If I just got bad news and it makes me sad I don't start playing head banging metal even though I love it. I listen to sad songs that sooth me. If something made me angry then the metal comes out to match the inner rhythms of my emotion
Yes, the restaurant has corroborated that they were there. And said they would comment no further out of respect.

The entire altercation info comes from the couple who sat near them. imo
I feel for any business that might be mentioned in this. They could be getting more business, but it's more likely there are a bunch of social media assassins who are going to target their Yelp page because they didn't save GP
Exactly! I’ve been saying this all along. I believe that BL may have a long unknown history of manipulation and lies. The parents basically had the wool pulled and they probably thought he was doing better since he was engaged to a sweet seemingly normal girl. I wish we were privy to his mental health information because I think it’s very likely his parents may be trying to protect him from harming himself or turning against them.
While I can believe BL could have pulled the wool over their eyes concerning why he was home alone with the van, I can't see them not knowing BL and GP might have had a vitriolic relationship. Her friend said they fought and she stayed at her house afterwards 7-10 times. And the sister said GP always came back after a fight. I think it's quite likely the parents knew they fought and maybe was glad they "broke up".

Plus neither the sister nor the friend ever said he was physical with her as far as I saw. That could have been a new manifestation brought on by the pressures of a long trip in tight conditions and the inevitable feelings of failure to live up to social media expectations.

I believe the $200-to-hitch-a-ride and stomping in and out of a restaurant like a toddler stories about as much as the spun out pregnancy tales… which is to say, not at all.
/JMO
The Merry Piglets Mexican Grill in Jackson, Wyoming, confirmed that the couple had a fight there on August 27th, and that they have spoken to the FBI about it.
The Merry Piglets Mexican Grill

Also embedded here: Witnesses: Laundrie had 'full blown' dispute in Wyoming eatery hours before Gabby Petito disappeared

The original story was from another couple who were eating there at the same time but only realized who they had seen at the restaurant weeks later after Gabby's story hit the news.

MSM Link: on Fox News Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members