Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your timeline would explain why BL’s family didn’t answer any calls or texts from GP’s family if they were “camping” that weekend. It’s also the same time GP’s family reported her missing. So the activities line up, just a weird time to go camping IMO.

If and when a civil suit does get filed against the Laundries by GP’s family, this may well be part of their defense.

She had her van after the traffic stop….her keys, her phone, her belongings. And, a female park ranger to talk to. Would love to know what Gabby said to the park ranger. Whatever, Gabby wasn’t ready to leave BL.
Which is a tragedy. If only she had kept going. There is nothing legal he could have done. Leave his stuff at a police station, point out she is fleeing constant domestic abuse. And start to meet one of the 5,000 young guys who would treat her right.

Judging by the quality of the photos, I think she tried really hard.

The thing is, people that don’t blog or do Youtube don’t know just how hard it really is. How much work goes into it. How long it takes. Especially in the beginning, because the learning curve is huge. And before you find your groove, your way of doing things, it really is a slow process.

(You think blog posts get written quickly, in reality it takes hours. Editing pics takes hours, if you have many. Video is especially time consuming, it takes days. Youtube is often difficult and uploads can take up to hours to go through. Social media alone is time consuming, even for a single photo.)

It’s much better to make things ahead of time. Produce content first, release later.

Gabby had the hunger and already a really solid following on IG. I think she had around 100k followers before this took a turn and she became a missing person. She clearly wanted it and was willing to work for it.

If anything, she just wasn’t prepared, as many aren’t. So her content calendar was empty because she thought she could do it along the way.

BL seems like the complete opposite to me. If anything he seems like someone who wants praise, but doesn’t understand or want to live the blogger / vlogger life. They seemed mismatched to me. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was annoyed with the amount of time she spent working on her project.

I really think she would’ve succeeded with or without him. Possibly without him if he really was blocking her.

MOO
I know exactly what is involved in making both a side gig and full time living from YouTube. I'm well aware that - at least at the start - content takes a lot of time to craft. After a while, God willing, some of it comes more naturally. I have no idea if her/their channel would have made it to that point. Still photography - unless one is gonna do tutorials (which I see no inclination toward) - won't cut it for a monetized YT channel. Even the Gram is moving away from photography. I agree, she/they were not prepared. Not a good business model. None of this should have been a surprise... and nothing here is unduly harsh, or critical, or negative - it's the way it is. Like so many endeavors, ya gotta have a thick skin... I don't know if Petito had that. PS - I realize that 100k IG followers sounds like a lot, but in the overall scheme of that platform, it really isn't.

This may have been stated, but this thing moves fast.

Regarding the story from the neighbors:

Fox 13 reports Laundries appeared to go on a trip in a new camper about a week after BL returned. The wife states they were gone for the weekend.

BL returns on September 1st, so it couldn't be the weekend immediately following because that was only two days later (9/3-9/5), which would mean it would have been 9/10-9/12 and that can't be true unless LE did not speak with the Laundries when the initially retrieved the van. The search warrant actually doesn't specifically state when they spoke to the Laundries. That's a separate item with no specific date.

Specifically, Guthrie stated "They were gone for the weekend." One can assume all three were gone, but did all three return? Also, were they gone just through the weekend, or does "for the weekend" mean the weekend was included?
Here’s a thought. Maybe the neighbors were timing their “week to week and a half after he came home”, from BLs previous visit
(through possibly 8/24?) maybe they didn’t realize he came home , left and came back 9/1? They certainly don’t seem that sure of their calendar. I’m still betting on the first weekend in Sept as the “camping” “ home away from home” hideout setup road trip. Moo

I knew Morgan and Morgan sounded familiar

Casey Anthony, donning sunglasses, stays mum in deposition

Snipped
Orlando attorney John Morgan, who represents Gonzalez, said Anthony appeared to be unhappy and angry during the 45-minute deposition.

“You could see where there’s points where she starts to hyperventilate, nostrils flaring. But there was never an outburst,” he told Reuters.

Adding to that. As most people know who have children you only can do but so much. Who they grow up to be has some to do with you and some to do with genetics. They could have been great parents and raised a sick child that was out of their control. They could have taken him to counseling and tried to intervene tirelessly, we just don’t know.

IMO the way they have behaved says something about who they are and who they aren't, as people and as parents.

Edited to add this previous post:

What do we know about how they have raised their son? Have we been there? Have we lived life with these people? This parent bashing serves no purpose if not for self promotion.

We do not know these parents or how they raised their child.

I apologize if this offends. Quite honestly, it is offensive to hear this bitterness replay continuously. We can have theories and do so without bashing.

My moment of frustration.

Last edited:
I try really hard to not ask for sources or links because it can seem aggressive or combative, but we have spent days talking about why the feds have jurisdiction (homicide on federal land under the jurisdiction of the District of Wyoming as established by statute) and why the FBI is leading the case as announced by NPPD (FBI is the investigative agency for federal crimes).

If you're going to state as fact that this isn't a federal case, please provide a link to a legal source or MSM that says why. My opinion or your opinion or anyone's opinion doesn't control which agencies have jurisdiction and which laws apply - the statutes do.

Your timeline would explain why BL’s family didn’t answer any calls or texts from GP’s family if they were “camping” that weekend. It’s also the same time GP’s family reported her missing. So the activities line up, just a weird time to go camping IMO.
I don’t know what kind of phone they have, but wouldn’t it show missed calls once you have reception?

This is costing taxpayers millions. Normally, this type of response is only seen when the victim is a member of LE.

It is a tough place to search.

I am not sure how much, but it does come with cost. It comes with other circumstances as well like stress on LE and families not seeing loved ones.

The question is: Is it worth it?

I think LE has reasons to be there based on information we wish we knew.

I have been wondering this myself! What's the game plan for when they find him? To announce, at that instant, that he is a suspect and bring him in for questioning? At which point his lawyer will fly in from NY and be present? Why not announce him a suspect now? What is the protocol for a manhunt involving a POI who is a legal-age adult? Has there even been a manhunt (of any size/scope) of a POI? What was that like?
I think that LE's game plan is exactly that -- apprehend him, if there is a sealed arrest warrant, which IMO, there probably is. I would imagine that if he is arrested, his parents will probably seek different counsel, since I think the NY lawyer is more of a friend doing them a favor (of course, I don't know for sure, but nothing in his practice suggests this would be his type of case). Both charges and jurisdiction would influence who would be a good choice of attorney.

I don't think LE has any real reason right now to say anything more that he's a POI. "Suspect" isn't a legal status, and they could call him a "peanutbutter sandwich" and without changing his legal status (though it would sure confuse a lot of people!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18