Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an entire den of coyotes about 50 yards from my back door.
I've lived here for over a decade.
I also have a 7lb miniature dachshund and they run like heck from her. Legitimately terrified.
I have birds of prey that are more keenly interested in eating her (she's learned to run under something when she sees them circling).
People are really afraid of wild animals but you'd be hard pressed to find any wild animal that is just randomly attacking humans. Yes, incidents happen but they are VERY RARE.

27 fatal puma attacks in 100 years in the US
2 recorded coyote deaths of humans in the US and Canada
23 -27 (depending on your source) alligator deaths in FL in over 70 years (most were kids or elderly)
0 Black bear deaths in FL recorded
Only 5 people die from venomous snakes in the US yearly
(now without medical care one could argue that BL would be at heightened risk should he be one of the 7-8k bitten in the US every year but anyone with any outdoor skills knows how to avoid becoming a snake bite victim)
3-5 deaths by wild boar in the US ever (though attacks by them can be a concern)

thank you, really interesting to know. I’m passionate about US wildlife since I was a kid

Do we know for sure if the cause of death has not been released or has not been determined? If it were a blow or choking, there would be obvious evidence found in autopsy. Skull fractures and a broken hyoid bone. But it seemed like they ware waiting for tox results meaning they found no obvious cause. But maybe it's just not being released yet.
COD hasn't been determined yet, or not released.

I don't think so. If you want your parents to like your beau, you don't tell them when he's acting badly. Now, you would tell them if he left you alone in a state for a week. So I just wonder why her parents never mention that happened.
He had access to her phone so I suspect that she never said anything derogatory about him to anyone unless she was having an in-person conversation with them. She knew that he was snooping her digital communications and if she had said anything he didn't like there would be hell to pay. That's why she was crying so hard when stopped by LE. She took all the blame for the incident and was more afraid of BL than she was of the cops. She was trying to protect herself from later verbal and physical assault by BL. The tears were not so much sadness as absolute fear and frustration. jmo

Do we know for sure if the cause of death has not been released or has not been determined? If it were a blow or choking, there would be obvious evidence found in autopsy. Skull fractures and a broken hyoid bone. But it seemed like they ware waiting for tox results meaning they found no obvious cause. But maybe it's just not being released yet.

Not necessarily, they sometimes withhold vital information to verify a confession, or to make the perpetrator think they have the upper hand over LE. Also, sometimes the body has so many injuries, they actually don't know which was was the actual cause of death. So they could know, or you are right and not obvious/waiting on test results.

Last edited:
At this point, numerous professionals in the field of psychology, including a forensic psychologist, as well as advocates who work directly with victims of domestic violence have attested that Gabby was displaying very typical characteristics of “reactive violence” or “reactive abuse”.

This is what we used to call “battered women’s syndrome”. Nobody doubts the ability of a thin, small framed female to inflict damage on a large male. But that isn’t what is happening here. Gabby says Brian grabbed her face just above her throat in the police video. That’s one step above strangulation. Holding onto somebody’s face like that screams “I can control you. I can kill you”. It’s an extremely threatening maneuver.

Regardless of what evidence comes to light, Gabby, as the deceased party, is indisputably the victim.

this is so heartbreaking to think he did that and she was afraid of him

1. Despite many people trying to place their ex's face on Brian, the body cam and witness statements only confer that they were in a physically toxic relationship. Gabby, the witness Christopher, and Gabby's friend Rose all confirm that Gabby assaulted Brian. The 911 call and body cam show Brian would fight back. People seem to be all about DV here, but refuse to acknowledge that a small blonde girl could very easily be the aggressor sometimes. Even if she is not alive anymore.

2. Brian returning home without Gabby. While I get the whole "going about your daily life to appear innocent", both Brian and his family's actions during the time when he first returned home with the van did not appear to be people pretending. If you know your son committed murder and has something to hide, you're not sending him out to mow the lawn. Idk, that just seems weird to me. Almost as if Brian thought everything was fine at that point. That would imply that Brian and Gabby agreed to part ways - and the only way I can see someone leaving their S.O. in the middle of nowhere is when they're being left with someone they both know and trust. (more on that later)

3. The Aug 27/30th texts. If you just killed someone, and are pretending to be them, you don't make the mistake of texting them their grandfather's first name. There would be no reason for Brian to even message the mother about GP's grandfather. You'd want to have as little interaction as possible, I'd assume. Also, with all the planning GP and BL were doing with where they were going, and given their current location, making the mistake of saying Yosemite seems off as well. I know people get the two confused, but I'd imagine that would be after the fact upon recollection, and not while on the actual trip when you're right near Yellowstone. These were pretty glaring and suspect mistakes. Almost too glaring. Do I subscribe to the whole "Stan = send the authorities now"? I can't say. The wording is definately strange, and can be read as "Can you help send the authorities now...". That could imply a third person being involved.

Grand County Sheriff seeking info on man missing from Moab area | Gephardt Daily

5. The fact that Brian is still listed as a person of interest, as opposed to a suspect, could be very telling of what evidence (or lackthereof) the police have to actually link him to her death. Either they think he's dead (which I doubt highly considering the efforts they're still putting forth) or they do not have enough evidence to charge him. Even after the autopsy? That potentially leads back to either an accident or third party.

6. Rose. Has anyone else heard reports that Brian's Instagram has been following and unfollowing Rose Davis, GP's alleged bff? Rose gives me bad vibes. Not only does she look exactly like GP in terms of size, shape, eyes and hair, but she came forward to the dailymail making statements that I found to be odd. For instance, Rose reported that Brian would set up hammocks for her and GP, but would not sit with them at the beach - preferring to sit alone. To me that sounds like someone who is uncomfortable being around Rose and GP at the same time. Why? Rose also stated she believes GP loved BL and BL loved GP.. but then went on to recount a time when BL stole GP's ID to stop her from going out dancing with Rose. According to her, GP came home and physically assaulted BL for this. She called it jealousy, but that's one sided. Could she have been a bad influence? Drugs? Could she have previously had a "thing" with GP that BL found out about and he was trying to do what was in GP's best interest? Why would Rose have a tracking app on GP's phone if she hung out with the both of them? Especially after only knowing GP for a year? I know a lot can happen in a year, but that just seems weird. Rose also stated that GP's friends back in NY were "bullying" her about GP staying with BL. Odd choice of words to describe friends trying to "look out" for their friend. Why would they "bully" her if Rose herself said they loved each other?

I have a whole bunch of other theories (or moreso questions) regarding Rose, but until we get more evidence they may as well just be wild conspiracy theories. Are police so focused on BL that they've ignored Rose's locations on her phone? Could she have met up with BL/GP after all? Did BL leave GP with Rose? Was there some sort of triangle going on? I mean, they both look alike, so it's not too far fetched to think BL might have been attracted to her. Going further down that rabbit hole, could Rose have been the one who checked out of the hotel that last time and not GP? That could potentially explain the Yosemite text.. and why Brian drove back to FLA and carried on as if nothing was wrong, not reporting her missing because he didn't think she was missing. If BL/Rose did have something going on, it would explain the reports of his Instagram following and unfollowing her during the time he's been missing. If any of these have been answered via evidence that I've missed please feel free to correct me.

I have a bad feeling the truth of this case is going to be much more complicated than people are claiming it to be. There are too many strange occurrences. I realize Occam's Razor says BL is not speaking, so he most likely had a hand in the death, given what we know. It's what we don't know that has me questioning all of this.

Edit: I definitely went more longwinded than I intended but tried to keep each point to at least a few sentences to get the full point across... apologies!
RSBM

1. There is a transcript of the 911 call in which the caller states GP is being slapped. BL got marks on him because GP was clawing into her own vehicle which BL locked her out of and was trying to get her phone back.

2. Narcs don't care about you and will leave you anywhere no matter how dangerous.

3. Killers make mistakes all the time.

4. POI vs Suspect is a LE tactic even when they are confident of the evidence.

5. Yes, this stuff with Rose is going down a rabbit hole.

FBI sue those uncooperative in a case? I don’t think so. They can charge them but sue them?

I can't say that I know for sure if the FBI sue, but there can absolutely be a civil case against them from Gabby's family.

There's no way that BL is wandering around in that preserve under these conditions. If he is in there, he's dead.

I think they are either looking for a cellphone that they keep pinging or a weapon that was discarded. I doubt he is there either unless he is dead. My hunch is that they are continually still getting a cellphone ping and they want to retrieve it before the battery runs out and it powers off. Maybe he didn’t turn it off? Who knows he could be communicating with FBI in some way telling them he has planted evidence there, stranger things have happened.

Agreed.. he looks to be late 30s, early 40s IMO.
he does look older, a bit haggard, but it might be due to stress? His life has been very intense the last month or so...

If it's not Brian, it is a bit of an uncanny resemblance. Plus there was the part of the description, that said he was dazed and consfused. Wrong hotel.

I couldn’t quote the post bc it’s in the previous thread but someone said something along the lines of “if he was so controlling why would he leave her on her own for a week”.

I was terrified of my ex husband to the point that he could deploy for a year and I was still hiding behind a display if I ran into an ex at the grocery because I knew how mad he would be if he knew I spoke to one. He quizzed me every phone call and I never tried to hide anything from him because of fear I would get “caught” and the repercussions would be far worse. Emotional abuse is very real.

Look up trauma bonding.

I hope this isn’t flagged as me trying to make the post about myself- I’m just trying to offer insight to people who can’t imagine how someone could control you from a distance.
Have we had any verification yet that he actually went home for a week? I know Gabby's mom thought he did, but I was wondering if the neighbors said anything about seeing him home that week.

There's no way that BL is wandering around in that preserve under these conditions. If he is in there, he's dead.

I think they are either looking for a cellphone that they keep pinging or a weapon that was discarded. I doubt he is there either unless he is dead. My hunch is that they are continually still getting a cellphone ping and they want to retrieve it before the battery runs out and it powers off. Maybe he didn’t turn it off? Who knows he could be communicating with FBI in some way telling them he has planted evidence there?? stranger things have happened.

I'm kindof surprised there aren't more people in this search. Obviously, they have insane amounts of equipment out they stated that today they have 75 personnel on the ground from 65 different agencies?

I get not wanting untrained volunteers stomping through those conditions, I'm just surprised there's not substantially more people

Eh, more is not always better when it comes to specific skill sets. Also, if they are using any type of FLIR they need to account for all searchers to rule them out from the sky. What we don't see is the actual operation going on behind the scenes to support this search, example, drone footage being viewed in live team be experienced folks. There's more than the actual boots on the ground. IMO

What should or could the officer do in that situation? Should Gabby have been arrested? They had no reason to arrest Brian? Legally what could any of the officers that day have done? Gabby was an adult woman who was traveling with Brian of her own free will. It's an honest question, did the officers have any legal recourses open to them other than what they did which was to separate the two for the night?

I wonder what safehavens roll was. If they spend the resource on a hotel room for BL, I would think there should be some type of required meeting or followup. Thats there business purpose. '

MOO
These swamp buggies are insane it’s taking out trees! Lol hope they don’t run him over if he’s hiding in the bushes lmao

Looks like it is an excuse for everyone to bring out their toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme