Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. I don't suppose they'll release that detail for a while.

I'm not saying he clearly thought through what he was doing. I have no idea how he could have thought he was going to get away with any of this.
But he did!
He was utterly blatantly flying in the face of his actions, he expected impunity. Drove home, took the time to take her vehicle and empty her account(S) plural!
And hung out with his folks openly living his life until he did something else.
I'm seeing arrogance and entitlement here in mega doses.

To those insisting Gabby was the aggressor:
1. The 911 caller stated “the gentlemen was slapping the girl”
2. Her best friend states BL was often jealous and controlling, citing specific examples of this
3. He appears to be a loner with no friends who still lives with his parents whereas she had many loved ones and didn’t seem to have any issues interacting with them
4. In the body cam video she is visibly upset and taking responsibility for the incident, also mentioning he doesn’t believe in her dreams, while he is making jokes and calling her crazy
5. In the restaurant incident he appears to be repeatedly bullying others despite how distraught it makes GP
6. She has been murdered and left in the dirt while he is in possession of her van and credit cards, not looking for her, not speaking to authorities or family, and now on the run.

Even if she was the aggressor, a male who is much bigger and stronger has a responsibility to walk away before he retaliates, knowing he is more likely to hurt her than vice versa. But that’s not what I see here anyway. I’ve been a psychologist for 25 years. In my experience and IMO this is an abusive man whose violence was escalating. Also IMO he is 100% responsible for her tragic death. MOO
bbm
Agreed.
Esp. the bolded.
There is no way to minimize abusive behavior against a victim who is smaller and lighter than you.
People who abuse others are not the victim, ever.
And still Gabby was defending him at the traffic stop. :(

Excellent post.
Imo.

I’m seeing him everywhere!!!!!!!!!
Snipped and BBM for focused reply.

He's going to look different now. Hair grown, likely dyed blonde including brows, clean shaven, will wear sunglasses to cover those tell-tale droopy eyes. Probably wearing clothes, even a uniform that wouldn't align with how we last saw him. Study those eyes, they stand out as they really droop.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The date is messed up: says WEDNESDAY, September 23rd. So, was is Wednesday (the 22nd) or today (the 23rd)? Could the mess up on the date cause any legal "loopholes" for BL?

No, and any time difference can be reconciled. The essential element of the crime is access being "unauthorized" not what time it happened. But, yes, they have to establish the facts, including that the person did access the funds. And most assuredly they have evidence of his using the card, most likely photographic evidence. I haven't looked into the time issue you're referencing but I doubt it amounts to anything.
I think if he even dared say 'i had permission' it doesn't count unless he is an authorized user. As someone mentioned they used their late mother's card and got some heat. And she's not here to say she gave permission so in the end, I would say it would be a weak argument, although on the other hand if he can proved he used it in past maybe it's not. There are just too many variables. I'd ask a lawyer, and i believe they've weighed in on this already.

Also, all authority is revoked when a person dies. The person's solely owned assets are frozen pending appointment of the judicially recognized Executor. Just like a POA (Power of Attorney) ceases upon death whether or not you know the person is dead. It's revoked by operation of law.

It could be the case that *IF* Brian’s parents are or have aided him in some way and are complicit that it is more one parent trying to protect him, and the other being co-erced/ threatened into going along with it.

It could easily be that one parent really does believe that BL should hand himself in to authorities, but the other parent maintains the control in the relationship so their ‘say’ is final.

If this is the case I can’t see it being long before tensions start to show…

MOO

very plausible!

He said “she’s crazy” but it was IMO a sarcastic, exaggerated remark. An attempt to make light of the situation. It didn’t seem like he said it or meant it to be taken literally. /JMO
It’s classic misogynistic gaslighting and did exactly what was intended - affirmed the bro-bonding.

The indictment stated the debit card was from Capital One Bank. The below is from their website.

If you authorize someone else to use your 360 Checking/Overdraft Line of Credit/Free Savings Transfer account or Card, you‘re responsible for everything that person does with your 360 Checking/Overdraft Line of Credit/ Free Savings Transfer account, including any losses, charges or penalties incurred as a result.

360 Checking Account Disclosures | Capital One

FBI: Federal arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie out of Wyoming, wanted for bank fraud

Authorize means that you "officially" authorize. I have a son authorized on account. To be official, I had to fill out the form that adds him as a user. It was otherwise, flagged in the fraud department.

Attachments

• 20210923_175424.jpg
    20210923_175424.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 15
For some reason EVERY link that has an article with “Brian’s inner circle may hold the key to finding him” in the title WILL NOT let me click on them to open…really strange.

No new info from what I've seen just speculation about how these investigations usually go and how they'll be looking into as close friends.

I stayed up all night to see Scott Peterson booked!
I hope the floated theory is right ..that the parents are working on turning him in with this new lawyer. Said person is such a lazy ,self centered, entitled raging 5 year old …I do not think he offed himself .

JMO

I don't think he did offed himself either. I think he disposed of a bunch of evidence in that nature preserve, like Gabby's phone, watch, maybe a murder weapon, and then he took off elsewhere.

That would also explain why LE is in no hurry to find a dangerous fugitive and search longer hours. Maybe they are just looking for evidence that he took with him in that backpack.

All speculation on my part. Even with just a body to find, you would think there would be some urgency to find him, due to wildlife in the park. (Gators) And I don't see how they would know for sure he was dead.

So are BL's parents at the point where they can be told to stay put and don't leave the country, or does that never happen? I'm worried they are going to take off and go pick up their son somewhere and disappear with him.

No. they are not indicted. I am not a lawyer, I just read the federal statute to see what it entails and found the part about investigating and conspiracy. Since it's a fraud investigation and the powers in that statute also cover conspiracy, I believe that I can infer that his parents financials are now open for the Treasury and Secret Service to officially look in to. Again, no lawyer, but if I was them, I'd definitely want a lawyer that understands what powers the Secret Service and the Treasury Dept. have.

Read the documents: Brian Laundrie arrest warrant

Actually, the indictment didn't say a thing about Gabby or her death. And the warrant from many days ago that is public was before they'd found her body. Not sure where you got that from???

you're right, it's the news release that accompanied the warrant...the federal warrant that was filed today...the documents are all in the above link.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fox7austin/status/1441186898311925764

FOX 7 Austin
@fox7austin

A North Port law firm says it is offering a reward for information on the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie, who is a person of interest in the death of his fiancée Gabby Petito.

North Port law firm offers $20K reward for information on Brian Laundrie's whereabouts

The Boohoff Law Firm is offering a $20,000 reward to "the first person to supply information leading directly to the exact whereabouts" of Laundrie.
by this time tomorrow it will be 100K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member