Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was pretty stupid for him to leave the body where he did, which to me makes me think it was not premeditated. He essentially has a car that could move a body anywhere in the country. The only sightings of him seem to be in Wyoming and him entering Florida. He could have been alot more careful and made it alot harder. He also could have gone straight to Mexico rather than return home. Which makes me think, he is not some mastermind escapee and probably just in the reserve like they think, and probably not found cause of pure luck, or an animal got him

I’ve watched a lot of Forensic Files. I’ve obviously never killed someone, but I damn straight wouldn’t put the body anywhere near the vehicle. The sensitivity of cadaver dog noses is mind blowing. They can smell it within minutes of death, on materials that have barely been in contact with the body.

<modsnip: Removed opinion stated as fact>

As for BL, he is not in the reserve. Just a diversion. He will be somewhere familiar to him and the family. Regardless of what other people his age say about his supposedly exceptional survival skills, he is 23yo. Their idea of camping is doing so with wifi out of a van, and in close proximity to restaurants and showers. I doubt seriously, this guy ever did any real time in the wild. I grew up on the river, living like Tom Sawyer, A flint, fishing twine and hook in my pocket. I hunted in old sneakers and an Iron Maiden T shirt. I never owned a tint, or anything camo, for that matter. I also never posted any of my adventures on social media, nor would I have if there was such a thing.

I think BL is most likely hold up in a house, or boat shed, or somewhere with plenty of supplies for the time being.

He will be caught when he attempts to contact his parents, or someone close to him attempts to drop supplies or cash to him, to make an actual get away.

If it is found that they lied about the preserve, and wasted a million dollars, well I don't see the Feds ignoring that.

Imo, the reason I think the parents lied about the preserve and misdirected LE, is that video evidence of when the Mustang was in the driveway does not match up to what they told LE. I bet they told the FBI some whoppers when they reported their son missing.

IMO, If the FBI doesn't charge them, the threat of charging them is good leverage to get them to talk. I would be ok with that.

Don't forget. Martha Stewart went to prison for lying about a pen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting to me that in the statement that BL's lawyer gave after the indictment was released, he acknowledges that GP was dead prior to August 30. I know that we all know that she was no longer alive by the 30th and probably not after the afternoon/evening of the 27th, but the official day of death is the 19th of September, and Bertolino just gave away a potential bargaining chip of alleging that BL left GP alive.

"In response to news of the indictment, Laundrie's attorney, Steven Bertolino — who said he had spoken to the man's parents in Orlando Thursday — gave the following statement: It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise. The FBI is focusing on locating Brian and when that occurs the specifics of the charges covered under the indictment will be addressed in the proper forum."

bbm

Federal arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie

Last edited:
1. He went without his phone, so don't think this would make sense
2. I think it was a family acquaintance helping out. I am not confident that they knew ( the parents and the lawyer) the gravity of the situation at the time. I do not think the lawyer would have helped them out if he knew, as he is not proficient in criminal law. I get she was missing, but depending on the story he told them, they may have thought she went off with her friend and it was an issue of a misunderstanding and van ownership.
3. I think it may be a body recovery at this point, also maybe he didn't have access to a gun, or that was found in the home
4. there are wildlife cams, LE has asked they not go live and only be seen by them. I only know this from twitter as some rookie sleuth was ranting about not having access anymore

I think his parents are not to be trusted and I wouldn't personally believe a word they said. So BL left home without a phone and wallet. I have 3 wallets and 2 phones that work. Lots of people have more than one cell phone. He probably has a burner phone or just a 2nd phone. And you don't need a wallet to carry stuff. Backpacks have pockets for money, ID, valuables, etc. He went off with his backpack so probably had what he needed in there. Did his parents say his wallet he left at home had all his ID in it? If he got a fake ID he doesn't need the old one. If he got a fake ID he's got all new cards, etc. Were Gabby's debit cards ever found and confiscated?
So many questions..... but the parents are full of it. IMO.

That's very interesting. When my mom broke her back last December, she handed me all her cards and PINs and had me get groceries or whatever she needed. After that I switched to Instacart and GrubHub, etc.

Probably the big difference is also the fact that your mom wasn't dead at the time. One cannot give authorization while deceased. Most likely banks make it even more strict because they don't want to be caught out of pocket in a 'he said she said' situation. Hence the need for joint bank accounts, and written authorization.

It's possible you were unwittingly doing something illegal but your mum could clear it up if it became an issue.

Oh, I use my moms pin often, and she uses mine. Lots of people share them, but technically its not allowed and I think that the FBI is just using a charge they know won't be thrown out so they can have a warrant on him to bring him in. JB said a similar thing yesterday on his stream.

Side note: I heard that parents can't be charged with accessory after the fact in Florida, but if the crime occurred in Wyoming, and he called his parents for advice, does anyone know if the FBI or Wyoming police could charge them with accessory after the fact? I am wondering if he contacted his parents before he even left the state about what happened.

It is a Federal case. State laws don't apply. Thank God!

The indictment alleges that Laundrie made unauthorized use of a Capitol One Bank debit card between Aug. 30 and Sept.1 for purchasing items adding up to more than $1,000.

Figliuzzi told CNBC's "The News with Shepard Smith" that the usage of "unauthorized use" in the indictment is revealing in itself.

"If it's her credit card, presumably, that means that authorities are convinced that Gabby was unable to give permission to use her card. That means they are closer to fixing the time of death…that's why you are seeing 'unauthorized use,' she was likely dead at that time," Figliuzzi, an NBC News national security analyst, said.
National security expert expects Brian Laundrie’s parents to be 'summoned to the grand jury' momentarily

This isn't the indictment for murder. This was how they got an arrest warrant in one day.

I am sure they are presenting a murder case to the grand jury as we speak outlining how their phones traveled together and were present at the crime scene. Going over the forensic evidence and interviews with the other campers at the campsite. How Gabby's phone turned off around 9/1 and was never turned back on again. What they found on BL's electronics devices. How he refused to speak to LE, help in the search for Gabby, and then disappeared.

I don't see how you can infer there's no evidence for murder based on an indictment for a completely separate crime.

Thanks, precisely my point. My original comment was a reply to someone who stated in their opinion, the credit card use was damning enough for murder. I was just indicating that more was needed. I agree with you replies, so don't think it needs to be debated further.

I have to keep reminding myself that the FBI/police wouldn’t be searching the reserve so fully unless they had something concrete to go off, but is anyone else concerned that he has fled the state or even country?

I have to think there is some electronic pinging coming from the Reserve that they can trace to BL, or possibly GP. It makes me think they are really after either her phone or his.

Oh, I use my moms pin often, and she uses mine. Lots of people share them, but technically its not allowed and I think that the FBI is just using a charge they know won't be thrown out so they can have a warrant on him to bring him in. JB said a similar thing yesterday on his stream.

Side note: I heard that parents can't be charged with accessory after the fact in Florida, but if the crime occurred in Wyoming, and he called his parents for advice, does anyone know if the FBI or Wyoming police could charge them with accessory after the fact? I am wondering if he contacted his parents before he even left the state about what happened.
I guess the PIN-related lesson is, that when one does something illegal (no matter how seemingly innocuous) should something unsavory happen in your environmental proximity that illegal action can burn you... whether you're involved in the unsavory stuff, or not.

Regarding the 'fraud'/ credit card thing. Seems obvious to me that the motivation of the charge is less likely about the so-called alleged crime itself and more about a means to an end. (Yeah, I know, Captain Obvious). But, if I read the thing correctly, Laundrie is said to have had the PIN. So, someone had to give him the PIN, no? (Unless, the belief is that he hacked it.) Would that not dilute the claim that he was unauthorized?

Banks don't view it that way, only the person on the account may use it.

The indictment alleges that Laundrie made unauthorized use of a Capitol One Bank debit card between Aug. 30 and Sept.1 for purchasing items adding up to more than $1,000.

Figliuzzi told CNBC's "The News with Shepard Smith" that the usage of "unauthorized use" in the indictment is revealing in itself.

"If it's her credit card, presumably, that means that authorities are convinced that Gabby was unable to give permission to use her card. That means they are closer to fixing the time of death…that's why you are seeing 'unauthorized use,' she was likely dead at that time," Figliuzzi, an NBC News national security analyst, said.
National security expert expects Brian Laundrie’s parents to be 'summoned to the grand jury' momentarily
And ATMs have cameras - the evidence is piling up IMO

If it is found that they lied about the preserve, and wasted a million dollars, well I don't see the Feds ignoring that.

Imo, the reason I think the parents lied about the preserve and misdirected LE, is that video evidence of when the Mustang was in the driveway does not match up to what they told LE. I bet they told the FBI some whoppers when they reported their son missing.

IMO, If the FBI doesn't charge them, the threat of charging them is good leverage to get them to talk. I would be ok with that.

Don't forget. Martha Stewart went to prison for lying about a pen.

Lying to the FBI is a felony, correct?

It will all come down to who they told their whoppers to.

I think his parents are not to be trusted and I wouldn't personally believe a word they said. So BL left home without a phone and wallet. I have 3 wallets and 2 phones that work. Lots of people have more than one cell phone. He probably has a burner phone or just a 2nd phone. And you don't need a wallet to carry stuff. Backpacks have pockets for money, ID, valuables, etc. He went off with his backpack so probably had what he needed in there. Did his parents say his wallet he left at home had all his ID in it? If he got a fake ID he doesn't need the old one. If he got a fake ID he's got all new cards, etc. Were Gabby's debit cards ever found and confiscated?
So many questions..... but the parents are full of it. IMO.

Im sure FBI have more to go on than his parents word. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to think there is some electronic pinging coming from the Reserve that they can trace to BL, or possibly GP. It makes me think they are really after either her phone or his.
If either of those phones were in the water, they wouldn't be pinging though. If BL has a phone with him in the swamp, he would be much more easily caught, one would think

More questions...
Can BL and his parents be charged for possession of a stolen vehicle that was transported across state lines and in their possession from the point of Gabby's death until it was seized by NPPD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l