Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that these witnesses went to LE first, and in a timely manner.

This! I think many posting here in these last few days don't realize that the witnesses came forward as soon as they could and were not able to talk to media up until now. At some point they were told they could and that's why it seems so delayed. A little heads up here too: LE has a lot more evidence than we are privy to, y'all. They are under no obligation to release any of it. They release what will help their search/investigation without hindering their search/investigation!

I wonder if his parents are afraid of him and this isn't what it looks like.

mOO

It crossed my mind and is a possibility. Cassie would be privy to this info. Maybe one day she'll come forth.
Really? I use hubby's all the time. I guess I'm a felon now. :eek:

If he complained or the bank decided to press charges, as long as he is still alive you won't have a problem.
but he's still alive, right? ;)

More questions...
Can BL and his parents be charged for possession of a stolen vehicle that was transported across state lines and in their possession from the point of Gabby's death until it was seized by NPPD?
Given that Gabby could not have given her permission for them or BL to use it. I would think they could but I am not 100% about how FL law works in that case. Kind of like common law marriage maybe

I have to think there is some electronic pinging coming from the Reserve that they can trace to BL, or possibly GP. It makes me think they are really after either her phone or his.
wouldn't the phone batteries be dead by now? I suppose there could be a burner phone pinging...just keep putting in new batteries????? jmo

I have to keep reminding myself that the FBI/police wouldn’t be searching the reserve so fully unless they had something concrete to go off, but is anyone else concerned that he has fled the state or even country?
Yes, I have the same hope that they have something very concrete which is driving them to continue the grueling search —and the same worry that he may be on the run somewhere.

That's very interesting. When my mom broke her back last December, she handed me all her cards and PINs and had me get groceries or whatever she needed. After that I switched to Instacart and GrubHub, etc.

It won't be a problem unless the State gets involved and you're a suspect of Edler Abuse or Fraud. I won't worry too much about it or just have your mom add you to the account.
If you are worried have your mom contact her bank.

It's interesting to me that in the statement that BL's lawyer gave after the indictment was released, he acknowledges that GP was dead prior to August 30. I know that we all know that she was no longer alive by the 30th and probably not after the afternoon/evening of the 27th, but the official day of death is the 19th, and Bertolino just gave away a potential bargaining chip of alleging that BL left GP alive.

"In response to news of the indictment, Laundrie's attorney, Steven Bertolino — who said he had spoken to the man's parents in Orlando Thursday — gave the following statement: It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise. The FBI is focusing on locating Brian and when that occurs the specifics of the charges covered under the indictment will be addressed in the proper forum."

bbm

Federal arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie

I think he was just repeating what the indictment said, wasn't he?

Not that I think he was questioning the death of Gabby, in any way, but that is how I read it.

Federal Crime and aiding and abetting...
@Alethea posted this and I saved it to the media thread-

“As it happens, I am an attorney and I practice federal law almost exclusively. You can read the statute yourself. 18 U.S.C. 2 covers aiding & abetting a federal crime and 18 U.S.C. 3 covers acting as an accessory after the fact related to a federal crime. If you do the acts described below (assisting someone who committed a federal crime) with the mindset described below (knowingly), you have violated a federal statute.

18 U.S. Code § 3 - Accessory after the fact

Whoever, knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

Except as otherwise expressly provided by any Act of Congress, an accessory after the fact shall be imprisoned not more than one-half the maximum term of imprisonment or (notwithstanding section 3571) fined not more than one-half the maximum fine prescribed for the punishment of the principal, or both; or if the principal is punishable by life imprisonment or death, the accessory shall be imprisoned not more than 15 years.”

18 U.S. Code § 3 - Accessory after the fact
—-
Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Any live feeds this morning????

If it is found that they lied about the preserve, and wasted a million dollars, well I don't see the Feds ignoring that.

Imo, the reason I think the parents lied about the preserve and misdirected LE, is that video evidence of when the Mustang was in the driveway does not match up to what they told LE. I bet they told the FBI some whoppers when they reported their son missing.

IMO, If the FBI doesn't charge them, the threat of charging them is good leverage to get them to talk. I would be ok with that.

Don't forget. Martha Stewart went to prison for lying about a pen.

But Casey Anthony's parents didn't face any fines or jail time, did they? I don't recall.

I think "homicide" just means a person killing a person. I think it can still be "accidental," or "involuntary."

They're not giving us any information yet about the cause of death, but hopefully, we'll get some news soon.

Homicide

Definition of homicide is causing the death of another-

It is never as clear cut as it seems! With no press releases or any official communication to the public.... speculation, opinionated speech and conspiracy theory grows exponentially and incorrectly.

I think most, who have been with Websleuths for a while, would agree that the speed of threads on this case is unprecedented.

Long time WSer and your 100% correct. I’m shocked at how many threads this case has gotten and how FAST it’s growing- and continues to as I type this! Good to see but can also have downsides, like the constant closing of threads because new people come on and don’t follow the rules etc! But I’m still glad it’s getting attention! If only all cases could get this type of attention I feel like we would have a lot less cold cases! Hopefully this will be a trend and people will start paying attention to the missing and murdered! Love to see so many people engaged in helping!

I can't keep up with the threads. BL was charged only with fraud and not homicide, why?

Because the autopsy needs to be finalized and murder needs to go before a grand jury. That is my understanding. The fraud charges are just a place card in lieu of murder charges. I think it actually says that in the indictment. Pursuant of I think it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay