Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to give a generous statement of possibility:

I strongly, angrily, emotionally believe the parents did a lot wrong at the *very* beginning by not being contientous and checking in with Gabby’s parents when he returned without her on the 1st. That was the first mistake.

It’s possible Brian had concocted a brilliant tale about she left early and flew home to her parents blahblah so they felt no need to check, but given that she lived there, and they didn’t follow-up with that and ensure she was home or check in with her parents (or her!), that is a BIG flaw, in my opinion.

If they got the lawyer day 1, then everything after the fact is also entirely their fault for not helping AT ALL to allow the situation to evolve in a proper sense. Because that means they saw the trouble, knew what happened or didn’t know what happened but knew SOMETHING happened (say, for example, BL got home and was all out of sorts and wouldn’t talk to them or having an “episode”) and said NOTHING and alerted NO ONE and checked in with NO ONE with only their protection in mind.

But, let’s say they genuinely thought Gabby was A-OK and accounted for safely until they heard from her parents on Sep 10th. Can’t imagine not responding just to say “wow, we are just hearing about this, we are so sorry let us look into” yadda yadda. But they don’t, they realize something is very wrong by the look on Brian’s face, and they lawyer up. Phew it’s bad already.

My generosity comes in with what happens now (and this is all assuming they *didn’t help* him after the fact except for hiring a lawyer):

I think all the speculation about how the parents should or shouldn’t be handling this right now are sometimes considered without much consideration about what their actual options are. They don’t have many good options. They can’t really win. They probably are staying silent because they’re the most hated people in America. Their son ruined their lives, too. Maybe they don’t really care what happens to him now….it’s already all done with, as far as they’re concerned. He got himself into this mess and he can get himself out. They don’t even know how to help get him out, they don’t know where he is. They can’t bring Gabby back and they don’t want to be involved with what he did, they want to wipe their hands of connection with him. “He’s missing” is the only thing that they’re willing to do at this point. Maybe that’s what they’re thinking — distance themselves. And they can’t say anything publicly because of their legal representation is telling them not to, and their lawyer sucks and has made them look guiltier than ever. And they’re smart enough to know anything they say now, it’s too late. So they say nothing and hope that Brian sorts this all out somehow. They may hope he is dead, even. They may hate him for this more than we could ever imagine. And want out of all of it more than we could ever imagine. They may not know much, other than it’s become clear their son did something horrific to someone he and they cared about, and there’s no going back. They might think appealing for him to come back is pointless, and that they don’t owe him their support.

If BL is as narcissistic and manipulative and abusive and volatile as some people here think, they could have suffered from that with him too, and also be somewhat victims in this. Lied to, used, abandoned.

Keep in mind that this opinion is coming from a place of keeping an open mind about what the situation they’re in actually looks and feels like. We don’t know what’s going on in their heads and while we can know that they played this wrong AT THE BEGINNING, I don’t know whether we can firmly say they’re playing it wrong now. They may not be playing anything, if they didn’t help him, they’re just in this mess and resentful and really can’t do anything to help the situation except hide in their home. I’m not defending them and I don’t personally believe they are that innocent or naive to the facts of the case, but if they didn’t have a big part to play in a “coverup” or aiding escape, then they may just be anxiously waiting for law enforcement to find him like the rest of us. And if they aren’t the criminal helpers we have been assuming, we can be sure this is the most devastating and emotionally trying situation of their lives. They may not be careless and evil, but rather devastated and broken by it all.

Anyways, just wanted to say that. Because while at times I am boldly assuming they are the bad guys and criminally aiding him, other times I think they’re wrapped in a terrible situation with bad legal advice and they made terrible careless and callous mistakes at the beginning not to talk to her family but that could be the end of their involvement.

Last edited:
So you’re quick to dismiss probable facts about BL from someone who actually knew him because it doesn’t fit *your* profile of BL? Sorry for the reality check but people are not all good or all bad. I have no reason to not believe that BL had positive skills & traits no matter how heinous a crime he possibly committed. IMO

I was in no way suggesting that it was impossible for BL to have any favourable traits. At the least he had some in Gabby’s eyes or she wouldn’t have dated him. Even the worst of all have some. Him being “charismatic” is not a probable fact, it’s her opinion. I just felt that it didn’t serve any purpose while discussing her murdered friend on this platform, aside from maybe the hearsay survivalist stuff she mentioned. She seemed too much on the fence, and was smiling/laughing when she mentioned him stealing her card so she couldn’t go to a bar. It just felt a bit off.

Hate to say I agree with Walsh on the not returning BUT-what IF he told them he was going to hike back home and they left the car for him and then he vanished?
They don't appear worried or grieving. Most people can't hide grief, it shows on their faces. I just can't imagine being as cold as they appear. I try to always take up for the parents because I know how hard it is to raise kids and they make their own choices but I can't with these parents or Chris Watts family.
Yep my concern is that they didn't check her for injuries, or ask her if she felt safe. They seemed to miss the implications of her being locked out of her own van, fighting to get her own phone back, being pushed by and face grabbed by Brian (who admits it initially). She definitely told the bearded officer about the face grab and the cut on her cheek. It is discussed that "she has marks on her too". And yet they took no pictures of hers, just Brian's.

I think it's also important to remember that she likely could see out of the police car. I was trying to imagine how I would feel watching the cops palling around with Brian, joking and smiling, talking to him for much longer periods of time but in a more relaxed way. I don't think I would feel very safe, or that the cops would believe me if I did speak more frankly. Especially when they take a different tone with her and sort of crowd her in, while she's sitting the car. JMO.
Exactly! It just makes me so sad.

My one take-away from the 48 Hours program was the woman who was working in the shop when they came in for milkshakes. She said she struck up a conversation with Gabby about the flower tattoo on her arm and they chatted awhile. She said BL then interjected himself into the conversation to bring up the fact that they were engaged and wanted Gabby to talk about their engagement. That made me think that BL seems jealous of all the attention Gabby was getting on social media whereas he is just in the background.

Or....I heard that when you mention your engagement, you get stuff complimentary sometimes.

first post. TY mods for your hard work.

://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wy-gabrielle-%E2%80%98gabby%E2%80%99-petito-22-grand-teton-national-park-25-aug-2021-35.589907/page-35

this. same as the scuffle while she was working and he barged in and out shouting. then GP leaving shouting “we’re engaged”
( it’s been quoted back i hope that’s ok )
MOO - GP shouts that bc she’s overwhelmed and in a public place. he’s humiliating her and she feels responsible. she’s working on her project, he’s out of “supply”, inducing rage. victim GP protects herself in public following his “rules” of announcing their “engagement” and the irony is not lost on her. her tiny moment of action. MOO - previous post breaking down the destruction of the self in a narcissistic partnership is no joke. it gets the best of us. it is learned behavior. it is complicated. the duality of their SM #vanlife endeavor and what actually happens off camera is a stunning reflection of our world and current climate. MMIWG and black and brown folks will hopefully garner more attention and compassion from the vibrant young GP’s tragic end.

this story has captured the world. through her death, she is helping to expose so much thought in the world.

Welcome to WS! I agree with your post. Narcissistic rage often turns to murder.

When Narcissistic Rage Ends In Murder

I am about 75% he is alive. For the preserve, I am 50/50. The fact that the FBI is so focused on it, and there was the post with the imaging that showed a man resembling him, against the tree, makes me think he is there. But I also think maybe his parents did help him out when they went “camping” in that tiny camper. Either way, he had extra time to get away. I have seen so much on SM of potential sightings, and I will agree, it would suck to be a young early balding man with a partial beard these days!
I'm fixated on the neighbor's camper thing too. Especially if it's true he just bought it after Brian returned. And, especially if he paid cash and took a lot more cash out than was it's purchase price. MOO It would be another sign the parents may have known in advance. But, how could they get out of there without being recorded by toll transponders, etc. Even assuming they didn't use a Sun Pass their vehicle would still be picked up and yet at home they still sit. So, I'm thinking LE might not have this.

Last edited:
We have no knowledge that a gun case was in the mustang. We did see officers walk up the driveway with one but it didn't appear to be from the mustang.
IMO I saw the footage of LE entering the mustang when he was reported missing. It looked to me like they removed a cell phone not a gun case. I remember noticing that the officers had no gloves on

These things are being discussed because they are relevant to where LE has been searching for BL for the last two weeks.
Perhaps you mean hyperthermia?

Treating Hypothermia
HT I: Mild Hypothermia, 35-32 degrees. Normal or near normal consciousness, shivering.
HT II: Moderate Hypothermia, 32-28 degrees. Shivering stops, consciousness becomes impaired.
HT III: Severe Hypothermia, 24-28 degrees. ...
HT IV: Apparent Death, 15-24 degrees.
HT V: Death from irreversible hypothermia.
Treating Hypothermia - North Shore Rescue

I agree. The outside of her right arm looks like finger marks vs thumb marks. He could have been facing her and grabbed her right arm with his left hand or he could have approached her from behind and grabbed her right arm with his right hand. Either way would place finger marks on the outside of her arm.I haven't watched any of the videos with him in it. It might be apparent whether he is left or right handed based on how he picks things up or holds objects.

I also noticed a darkness on her upper right cheek -- near her eye, somewhere in the 58th minute -- about the size of a thumb. Dunno -- maybe it's my imagination.

Here's the (compound) question of the day:

If the report by the neighbors is correct - that the father had just purchased the van (MSM FoxNEWS report/interview)

did he pay cash?
how much did he pay for it according to DMV registration records?
compared to how much cash he withdrew.
Van? Or truck camper? Truck camper is not a vehicle. IMO it would not have to go through dmv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste