Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Google: The cottonmouth (also known as the water moccasin) bite is much more dangerous and harmful to humans than the bite of the closely related copperhead, but rarely leads to death.

About 5-6 people die from cottonmouths / water moccasins every year. They are allergic to their venom. They account for less than 1% of all snakebite deaths in the US.

Just to add - I've been bitten by a cottonmouth. It wasn't so bad.
Rabies from a racoon ? That sucked.

I don't want their behavior to be any worse than it already is but could they have actually placed that empty gun case in the mustang to further a ruse about him being missing and their fear that he would harm himself? They are neck deep in this, already....or am I overreacting to their suspicious behavior? JMO

They also say they have made no progress in finding him. All that money and effort for nothing.

I wonder if BL could have vanished this successfully, without a trace, withOUT help from family or friends? I don't think so. IMO

the thing that also confuses me is it doesn't sound like he had any friends...i don't think anyone in the media has been able to find any. so if he is getting help i feel like his parents are the only people he could get help from (other than an oblivious stranger but I feel like his face is everywhere now)

Who wants to bet that BL really held that DV incident against Gabby in the weeks after. Had an excuse to say everything from then on was her fault, because he felt vindicated that the cops chose his side and threatened her with that. Not even in a blatant “no one will believe you” way but just making her doubt herself, as I’m sure she did after the incident itself and the reaction from PD. Emboldened him, I’m sure. Ugh it’s so sad. MOO

I agree! I'm pretty sure all that talk from LE provoked him and he started getting more aggressive because he thought he was vindicated in some way.

This is a little bit OTT, imo, please don't take offense. Water moccasins and other venomous snakes mostly try to avoid people, the worst-case situation is stepping on one or one dropping on your head from an overhead tree branch and biting out of fear. But even then, a water moccasin bite is almost never fatal for a healthy adult.

Palmetto bugs are indeed that big, and they are disgusting and will infest your food and sleeping places, but they don't bite people, they aren't capable of that. They are gross as heck but harmless.

Edit: You're right, the fire ants are awful though, and it's true that they make a raft when flooded out.

Palmetto bug is another word for giant cockroach. They are indeed the most disgusting insect in the world the only ones that make me involuntarily yell when I see one. Hopefully they are crawling all over BL every night.

This is a little bit OTT, imo, please don't take offense. Water moccasins and other venomous snakes mostly try to avoid people, the worst-case situation is one dropping on your head from an overhead tree branch and biting out of fear. But even then, a water moccasin bite is almost never fatal for a healthy adult when treated within 48 hours.

Palmetto bugs are indeed that big, and they are disgusting and will infest your food and sleeping places, but they don't bite people, they aren't capable of that. They are gross as heck but harmless.
a cotton mouth moccasin is very aggressive and will attack you, then we have red ants that will cling to anything that is dry because the swamp is 75% under water right now, mosquitoes that look as big as butterflies and then leeches.....then of course pinny wood rooters that will make a mess of you and lets not forget spiders everywhere, hild please,, id rather be in a haunted house for a mouth then that swamp over night!
Just to add - I've been bitten by a cottonmouth. It wasn't so bad.
Rabies from a racoon ? That sucked.
good thing you could get medical help...BL cant!

He presumably can't use a light, either, for fear of being caught. The darkness is pitch black when you have no light (it's easy to lose your tent when you take a pitstop in the middle of the night). And the night time amplifies sound. Every animal will sound MUCH louder. Even a caterpillar landing on a tent (or a leaf for that matter) can be alarming if you're not used to it.
I hope wherever he is he is miserable and can't sleep.

the thing that also confuses me is it doesn't sound like he had any friends...i don't think anyone in the media has been able to find any. so if he is getting help i feel like his parents are the only people he could get help from (other than an oblivious stranger but I feel like his face is everywhere now)
Even if he had friends none of them would speak to the media now since everyone thinks hes guilty and is so sure of it . haha

No. I’m six pages behind. If I ever catch up, I’ll look for it. It is on ws. I believe it was spotted first here. And I know ws members reported it to news stations and le
It’s ok, I already communicated with the original poster.

Am I the only one who watched the 48 Hours special that didn’t really like what they heard from the friend Rose? She was a little too complimentary of BL in the wake of what he has likely done to Gabby. She seemed a little too unwilling to fully put her support behind Gabby. It could just be her personality and I guess her recollection of what she saw. But if it was my close friend who was likely taken away from me by another person, I’d have a very hard time speaking of them in any remotely positive light.

So you’re quick to dismiss probable facts about BL from someone who actually knew him because it doesn’t fit *your* profile of BL? Sorry for the reality check but people are not all good or all bad. I have no reason to not believe that BL had positive skills & traits no matter how heinous a crime he possibly committed. IMO

It’s still not cold enough imo. Plus if he’s under all those trees I doubt he’d get that wet. JMO. It’s not like it’s snowing lol.

There have been several major thunderstorms since he went missing. He would get wet.

Edit: Physiologically speaking, when you think of the temperature it's important to remember that being outside without shelter isn't like being inside a house, and that difference in terms of calories burned to survive increases for every day you're outside of shelter.

a cotton mouth moccasin is very aggressive and will attack you, then we have red ants that will cling to anything that is dry because the swamp is 75% under water right now, mosquitoes that look as big as butterflies and then leeches.....then of course pinny wood rooters that will make a mess of you and lets not forget spiders everywhere, hild please,, id rather be in a haunted house for a mouth then that swamp over night!

good thing you could get medical help...BL cant!
After reading this post I wonder if it's worth sending people into that swamp to search for BL.

Seems too horrifying and dangerous. JMO.

I don't want their behavior to be any worse than it already is but could they have actually placed that empty gun case in the mustang to further a ruse about him being missing and their fear that he would harm himself? They are neck deep in this, already....or am I overreacting to their suspicious behavior? JMO
I didn't realize an empty gun case was found in the Mustang. MOO - it all seems staged. If he left without his wallet (irresponsible to drive without a license) and phone AND there was an empty gun case and the parents were worried he might harm himself...well, it just seems staged. (IMHO/MOO/YMMV)

The longer this search goes on for, the more unlikely it seems to me they are looking for a live person. Especially if they are trawling through the swampy water with dive teams etc.
I do think they have more evidence he was there than just the parent's say-so. So much resource is being ploughed into this they must be sure for reasons we aren't aware of.
The only other thing I can think of is that they aren't just searching for him there but they are also searching for hidden or dumped evidence or other objects and just haven't said this.

Very detailed article...

Gabby Petito's close friend on Brian Laundrie search: " He's good with nature. So, my first thought was — he's in the woods" - CBS News
[...]

Rose Davis: When Brian wants something, he's gonna get it. And I don't mean in a physical way, he's gonna force it. He's just gonna … I don't want people to say I'm calling him a full manipulator, but he'll manipulate the situation to get what he wants out of it. And, you know, he didn't want her to go out one night with me and he stole her I.D. because you can't get into the bar without your I.D. … and, you know, this was really upsetting to her, you know, you're engaged. It's not, you know, it's not supposed to be like that.

[...]

It was August 12 in Moab Utah, four weeks before Gabby Petito was reported missing, when a 911 caller reports seeing an alarming confrontation between Gabby and Brian:

OFFICER: Grand County Sheriff's Office …

911 CALLER: We're driving by and I'd like to report a domestic dispute …

[...]

911 CALLER: We drove by and the gentleman was slapping the girl.

OFFICER: He was slapping her?

911 CALLER: Yes. Then we stopped, they ran up and down the sidewalk. He proceeded to hit her. Hopped in the car and they drove off.

[...]

Nichole Schmidt: It was actually Friday, the 10th, that I decided to call police because I had had 10 days, 10 — almost 11 days was enough for me to not hear from my child. And I got the runaround. Nobody wanted to report her missing. She's an adult. She's traveling. … As a mother, I said it's not like her. Finally, that Saturday, I went personally to Suffolk County Fifth Precinct and a wonderful detective decided to take the case.

Gabby Petito was officially declared a missing person on September 11, 2021. As the nation remembered so many lives lost 20 years earlier, the Petito family focused on one life — that of their missing daughter.

[...]

One person who wasn't helping: Gabby's fiancé Brian Laundrie. North Port Police spokesman Josh Taylor said the police were frustrated. Brian had driven the van back without Gabby, but neither he nor his parents were talking to police, even though Gabby had lived with them.

Josh Taylor: We were essentially handed the information for their attorney. That is the extent of our conversation with them.  

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member