Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what to make of the parents. If GP's parents texted each of them once or twice, asking about the kids, I can see the Laundries not answering. They could think "yeah, your daughter dumped my son and I don't want to hear from you" or "talk to your daughter yourself! She knows where Brian is. She knows he comes home when he's...!" or some such thing. It seems they got the attorney after the police had knocked on their door. Did they think their son was being unjustly accused of something? Or do they think he did it? I guess that's the million dollar question.
BUT I feel that knowing more about what GP's parents said in their texts to them, and how many texts they sent, would give us a better idea of just what the Laundries were ignoring.
Yeah, I think they would have been almost frantic once they realized Brian had been home since September 1st. When and how did they find out? Was it when LE went to the house on the 11th? I'm thinking it was before that, but how would they have known?

This is the only thing I can find in the media thread that gives a date but I'll look some more.

Laundrie's neighbors say he and his parents packed up for long trip after he returned without Petito | Daily Mail Online
  • Brian Laundrie's neighbors said the family went on a camping trip using their small detached camper after he returned alone without the missing Gabby Petito
  • The family left for the camping trip on September 11 - the day Gabby was reported missing
  • DailyMail.com photos show that the camper was back in the driveway on September 13 - two days after she was reported missing

There is a link to the fox video interview of the neighbors in there somewhere. They answer the question in that interview.

Yes the neighbor recollections are all over the place - that’s why I left them as ? - personally I think they took off really quick after he arrived home Sept 1 (or at least her Van arrived)
JMO
I believe the Laundrie family trip occurred the weekend that BL returned home or Labor Day weekend 9/3-9/6. It doesn't follow that the camping trip took place on 9/11 weekend when GP reported missing because that's when the van was taken into custody by the North Port Police Dept and to my knowledge, they were home for this. MOO

ETA: Also, there were also 3 events at the home on 9/10-11 recorded in the NPPD police blog.

Last edited:
Most likely BL's parents have never made him accept responsibility for anything. BL and his parents believe that it is GP's fault for pushing him. So, they see it as their parental duty to help him hide. BL is the victim in their eyes. This allows the parents to view their son as blameless and to avoid the feelings that come with acknowledging their son is an evil murderer.
It explains why BL would run to them and why the parents would help him hide.
Is he an only child?

To compare to something found in the autopsy of Gabby or examination of the evidence.

Perhaps, but LE stated today that they are scaling back the search of the Reserve and will now focus on specific areas based on targeted intelligence. If LE has found partial human remains, they would obviously target the area in which the remains were found in an attempt to recover more.

Hmmmm.....I wonder who exactly left on the camping trip? Someone was home, but maybe only 1 person? Not BL?
LE seemed to think he was there so maybe they saw him physically. They said when they went to the door the parents did not make him available and just handed them the letter from their attorney. Imo

Most likely BL's parents have never made him accept responsibility for anything. BL and his parents believe that it is GP's fault for pushing him. So, they see it as their parental duty to help him hide. BL is the victim in their eyes. This allows the parents to view their son as blameless and to avoid the feelings that come with acknowledging their son is an evil murderer.
It explains why BL would run to them and why the parents would help him hide.

My gut feeling is that he had a lot of time (driving home) to concoct a story that involved him finding her dead and then convincing them that he would be blamed/prosecuted for her death. "I didn't do it, but no one will ever believe me!" This would be hard for any parent, considering no one ever wants to believe the worst case scenario involving a child.

MOO

Here's what I don't get. Brian tells people that he spent months in the wilderness with only packages of crackers and peanut butter. He puts on this image of being an outdoor survivalist. After he kills Gabby he takes money out of her account, drives back to his home and goes camping in a camper with his parents. My question is, if he's such an avid outdoor guy, why not just take off into the great wild after he killed Gabby? Why run home to his parents in a a vehicle that could have broken down or had a tail light out or needed gas-all things that would get him on video and lead authorities to Gabby's body. And why would this outdoor survivalist not just pack up a few essentials and disappear?

No offense, he's not like us. He didn't value her in life. I doubt he does in death.

He likely blames her for whatever it is that set him off. For instance.... He told the officers about his dirty feet and shoes... maybe it was something as small as him trying to get into the tent with dirty feet/shoes... and she said something about it and he flew into a rage.

Keep in mind not only were they in VERY close quarters for a very long time... but according to reports on MSM he's flown into a rage before and slapped her around, wouldn't give back HER keys, argued with restaurant staff (if that incident is true which I believe it likely is), was "mean to her" (her words), etc. I also believe he was more than mean. I think he was abusive both physically and mentally.

I believe the Laundrie family trip occurred the weekend that BL returned home or Labor Day weekend 9/3-9/6. It doesn't follow that the camping trip took place on 9/11 weekend when GP reported missing because that's when the van was taken into custody by the North Point Police Dept and to my knowledge, they were home for this. MOO

I believe this as well.

North Port Police confirm they didn’t find anything today during search for Brian Laundrie. They’ve indicated law enforcement won’t be doing large-scale searches next week. Instead, smaller more-focused searches and based on intelligence.”

https://twitter.com/abc7jeff/status/1442285805456789511?s=21

Thoughts??
Swamp is flooded for one thing so that would certainly limit searches.
Secondly, I haven't a clue.

I don't know about farther south, but up here in New England, lots of people are closing their cabins for the winter. Lots of places where a person looking to stay out of sight could live quite comfortably.

It's a busy season in GA/VA/NC, lots of family, groups are day/weekend hiking. The days are warm, low humidity, mosquitoes are gone. Lots of folks head into the small towns after a day of hiking for a hot meal and good old blue grass and flat footing.

Many cabin owners I know, have cameras, security systems due to break ins. There are still lots of abandoned old homes, remote cabins, without local knowledge of these locations, they are very hard to find and remote.

Moo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members