Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all assuming Gabby was quickly murdered and mercifully, died instantly. Maybe Dr. Brian didn't diagnose her demise properly and only left her 3/4 dead. That would mean she could have been saved with some form of medical attention. Perhaps, when he doubled back to pick up the van, he gave her a few pokes to make sure he'd completed the task or finished her off before he skedaddled back to the safety of his suburban bedroom.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the cause of death results, because it will not only offer details about this poor dear girl's last moments - its going to give us insight into the mind of the person responsible.

Yes, I'm not sure she did either. I'm very curious about it. Maybe he was hoping she was calling her parents about it, or texting them. If she wasn't actually telling them about it, I wish she would have.
Before GP's body was found, and the Petito family was more public, there were comments made regarding "pleasant relationships" between them and BL, who was described by the Petito family as "polite." MOO -- unlikely GP was honest about any DV that may have been occurring.

The van was seized Sept 11– were they home ?? I think so and that’s when the lawyers card was handed to LE
Can't find anything definitive as to when they gave LE the attorney's #. Still looking.

Mom of missing Florida girl, 22, pleads for help to find her daughter | Daily Mail Online
‘We have the vehicle, we took it away very late Saturday night into Sunday,’ said North Port Police spokesman Josh Taylor. ‘We take it, we process it for evidence – fingerprints, any evidentiary value that we think is possible.

I live near the BRP/AT, this is not a time to be heading North on the trail. The leaves are changing, fall festivals in all these little towns, lot and lots of folks from all over the country. Once the trees shed their leaves, less cover, places to hide and most are heading to their mountain cabins. Park rangers and state police out in full force. Locals will be on the look out for him, its in all the private AT/BRP local groups.

The AT is federal land, a national park, all adjoining land is privately owned.

It would not be my choice of places to hide and I know NC and VA AT pretty well. I'd be headed west LA, SF, a large city get lost in the homeless population, change my looks, warm weather, sleep in a tent city.

Moo....

I don't know about farther south, but up here in New England, lots of people are closing their cabins for the winter. Lots of places where a person looking to stay out of sight could live quite comfortably.

I live near the BRP/AT, this is not a time to be heading North on the trail. The leaves are changing, fall festivals in all these little towns, lot and lots of folks from all over the country. Once the trees shed their leaves, less cover, places to hide and most are heading to their mountain cabins. Park rangers and state police out in full force. Locals will be on the look out for him, its in all the private AT/BRP local groups.

The AT is federal land, a national park, all adjoining land is privately owned.

It would not be my choice of places to hide and I know NC and VA AT pretty well. I'd be headed west LA, SF, a large city get lost in the homeless population, change my looks, warm weather, sleep in a tent city.

Moo....
But, what a life. Going from a pampered man child in his parent's home to an adventure with a doting girlfriend who supplied him with everything, to a homeless tent city. To me, that would be a great place for him to end up.

We're all assuming Gabby was quickly murdered and mercifully, died instantly. Maybe Dr. Brian didn't diagnose her demise properly and only left her 3/4 dead. That would mean she could hae been saved with some form of medical attention. Perhaps, when he doubled back to pick up the van, he gave her a few pokes to make sure he'd completed the task or finished her off before he skedaddled back to the safety of his suburban bedroom.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the cause of death results, because it will not only offer details about this poor dear girl's last moments - its going to give us insight into the mind of the person responsible.
I'd be interested in your views re :: the reason he murdered her. Why it was then, not before, not later.

I can't think of any overwhelming reason apart from her going back and apologising to the cafe people. How insecure he must have been for that to escalate to murder, but it isn't improbable. There must have been a whole lot of justifications in his head to go to that extreme, do you think??

Take a look inside their van. Compared to the items required to survive for any length of time, that van and it's contents look like amateur hour. Vegetarianism? You have to have an extensive knowledge of edible plants in order to maintain any semblance of health. Ingestion of the wrong plant can have you so sick you'll wish your mother never met your father.

Appalachia? Guess what! Winter is coming! The Russian Winter helped defeat Hitler and endless, snowy days will turn slim, trim, Brian into a skeleton. Its hard to maintain your vegetarianism when there aren't any plants to vegetarianate with. Just snow, maybe a bit of lichen and bark. Brian would have to experience a meat epiphany, which means making cooking fires and where there's smoke - there's Brian. Next on the list - sport hunters and locals who depend on their hunting to feed themselves and/or their families. Some of them will shoot at anything that moves.

Next. Replenishing supplies. You have leaving your lair to burglarize local homes and farms or stealing into town, rounding up produce and dragging it all back into your forest den. Whoopsie! The cashier recognizes you and the hounds are loosed. Steal a car? Nasty things those BOLOs. Every cop in the country is going to have Brian's mug seared into their brain. Escapees don't last long once the groceries are gone and they yearn for mittens and a cup of java by a warm fire.

All of these avenues are possible, IF you aren't attacked by a bear or slip and break your leg, arm or back. Hypothermia doesn't go away with an aspirin and frost bite turns your nose and toes a lovely, decorative black. All in all, God help anyone found bringing you granola bars, clean socks and news of the world.

Brian talks a good story and impresses people who don't know any better, but reality is an entirely different ball game. No, Brian is most probably safely ensconced in a pre-arranged location with some kind of help. He's NOT Grizzly Adams.

Great post…

I hope not. I would prefer he be taken in alive. The sooner, the better.

Well, me too, but he seems to be somebody whose idea of stress relief is to take a long walk to think things over. I can see he might think being restricted like that being a fate worse than death.

I hope not. I want to see justice.

I don't know about farther south, but up here in New England, lots of people are closing their cabins for the winter. Lots of places where a person looking to stay out of sight could live quite comfortably.
I keep thinking about the Catskills for some reason. Maybe because the family is from New York. Just a thought that keeps creeping in about where he could be hiding out (cabin, 2nd home, etc.). MOO, etc.

I don't think he'd be suicidal over Gabby's death, or his guilt, though he might be. You never know.

I think he might be suicidal at the idea of being locked up for any length of time.

Watching Gabby’s memorial service and the impact that her story of life and death has had on so many people, literally around the world, I find it hard to believe that he would not be suicidal.

I thought at one point she texted Brian's mom that she was worried about the kids, or asked if she had heard from them. That probably would have been the 9th or 10th. Before that she may have been trying to text Brian but assumed they were still in a place with no service. Imo

Thanks.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what to make of the parents. If GP's parents texted each of them once or twice, asking about the kids, I can see the Laundries not answering. They could think "yeah, your daughter dumped my son and I don't want to hear from you" or "talk to your daughter yourself! She knows where Brian is. She knows he comes home when he's...!" or some such thing. It seems they got the attorney after the police had knocked on their door. Did they think their son was being unjustly accused of something? Or do they think he did it? I guess that's the million dollar question.
BUT I feel that knowing more about what GP's parents said in their texts to them, and how many texts they sent, would give us a better idea of just what the Laundries were ignoring.

But, what a life. Going from a pampered man child in his parent's home to an adventure with a doting girlfriend who supplied him with everything, to a homeless tent city. To me, that would be a great place for him to end up.

That would be better than prison where he would be given three hots and a cot and a commissary account filled with mommy and daddy's money. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties