Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no “DV” charge was there?

Yes, but that is the frustrating part , I think.
It is being reported that a call was made to the LE on scene from dispatch saying that someone witnessed BL hit Gabby.
If they did KNOW that or suspect DV occurred and add to that the fact he was driving 30 MPH over the speed limit and also driving erratically, IMO taking him in for all of the charges could be warranted.

AMOO MOO JMO

In my humble opinion, it looks like half an Italian hero sub, made for the FBI to show that they are cooperating. Which is to say, nobody knows what's in that wrapper but them, their attorney and the FBI. MOO
This freakin' brown paper-wrapped something is gonna be the briefcase from Pulp Fiction. Endlessly debated and never revealed. IMO, JMO, etc. etc. etc.

I have not used the ignore button here yet but am very close to. I just don't see the purpose. It doesn't matter if the cops didn't arrest him or not. It doesn't matter whose name was on the title or insurance for the van.

I'd much rather spend some time looking into the known timeline and figuring out where he is. What ifs do nothing to help a case. It's almost like people need to be right about something, JMO

Agreed. How LE responded to the call is a separate issue. Let's focus on finding BL and figuring out who may have assisted him after GP's homicide. eta: sorry, did not see MOD's post saying similar!

Well.. :D... I really hadn't seen that. .. Coming from a different culture, where it's almost a rite of passage for men to smack a few women around, that perspective had escaped me, but I do pay tribute to it, it may very well have been, but added up with all the other stuff that those coppers did not take on board, it shines brightly as the only rational part among a lot of rubbish.

Brian himself did not appear at any time in that event to be at all discombobulated.. He was totally in control, and she was exhaustedly not . He had done the slapping and the speeding and hitting the kerb, that got them both standing in front of 2 large law officers.

But Brian.. long practiced in inserting his perspective first, he launched straight into Gabby's problem, she launched straight into Gabby's problem, he had to warn the officers quickly and effectively against the tide in case they were swayed by her gender, her beauty, her distress.. He has to quickly label her as craaaazy, in a delicate way, silly, slightly stupid, and giving the overall impression that it is HIS trip, HIS van His schedule, His finances, etc..

What Brian was, he was still in his euphoria from hitting her., It had probably built up for some days, ( he said they'd had a lovely morning, what does that mean in these circumstances?? did she have a lovely morning?? ) but to really have a lovely morning he had to slap her around. That crowned off his 'lovely morning'...

That is why he was so relaxed, and cool and coherent .. and why she was not.

This seems horrifyingly accurate. How well, and tragically, put.

Yes.....
I was going over this earlier. The information appears to contradict earlier reports that the responding officers in Moab City were unaware of a call from a witness who claimed to have seen Laundrie slapping Gabby...

This really bothers me.....
My sympathy and understanding, I expressed for them early this morning, is waning… I understand the officers are probably under advisement to stay Media silent. The female park ranger who spoke may or may not have been privy to this info.

Yeah. Well, generally when an officer, FBI or otherwise confronts you, you're likely to be cooperative, even if lawyered up.

The problem with CL & RL is a woman is dead and the only way to get their cooperation in the investigation is to pursue them.

Some (a lot?) of us feel that is a problem. We want to see them more eager to help bring GP's killer to justice, even if that means a terrible loss for themselves.

So yeah, maybe those of us unhappy with the L family have legit reasons to be.

If their son had been murdered and GP & her family stonewalled, that would be wrong, too.

MOO

I hear you, and I don't disagree with you.

But how I (or you, or we) feel about their level of cooperation is inconsequential when assessing whether or not they are actually being cooperative.

We also have no idea what information, if any, has been shared from the Laundrie parents to LE. It's naive of us to think that they would necessarily share / report on any of that at this stage of the investigation.

Cooperation, at its core, is simply ask/answer compliance.
Surely, I wish we had more information that supported them spilling their guts and being eager beavers as far as assisting the investigation goes.
If they're answering what they're being asked -- even if those answers aren't the ones we want -- I don't see that as being uncooperative.

Just because they're not assisting doesn't by default mean they're being uncooperative. The two are mutually exclusive, in my opinion.

Looks like the parents just put the package outside the door, and the FBI agents didn't even talk to them directly.

Communication between the parents and the FBI is most likely handled through BL's parent's attorney. It would make sense that the parents didn't speak to the FBI when they picked up the item. IMO.

No surviving Carlton Reserve

The Carlton Reserve is home to 13-foot alligators, panthers, black bears, wild boar and several lethal varieties of snakes. McEwen says that even if Laundrie could manage to fend off the park’s most terrifying predators, its insects alone could be enough to do him in.

Asked about the possibility Laundrie may have died trying to hide in the reserve, McEwen was certain Laundrie’s body would have been found by now.

"Anything dead you find in the woods, you're gonna look up, you’re gonna see buzzards flying like crazy," he said. "No buzzards, no body is my theory. And I haven’t seen any buzzards flying."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn