Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make money in lots of ways if you get a lot of social media followers. That’s what Gabby was trying to do and it’s called being an influencer because your posts can affect followers, usually to buy things.

“Van life” is today’s version of RV life downsized because of the economy. Some people I’ve known who did “van life” didn’t have much of a choice and made the best of it until they could get back into a better situation. There are many FB groups on this that range from people looking to visit national parks over the summer to people who invest in a van to live in FT because they can’t afford any housing.

RV life tho used to be for retirees and Van Life now skews younger and with social media can be income so it gets glamorized as a lifestyle when for most people the reality is Van Life is a step away from being homeless (but better because you can be mobile).

It sounds like Gabby and BL weren’t going to be on the road forever, I thought they were going to visit a relative in the northwest and then go back to Florida? For Gabby it was probably much more free feeling to have a Van Life than living with her boyfriend’s parents and if she could make it work financially it would give her a lot more independence.

Too bad she had such a dud as a partner.

Yes - the true story movie about a more senior version of van life - "Nomadland" - all this reminds me so much of that movie. Except most of the people in that movie traveled alone and I would doubt any of them were Influencers. That movie was the first I'd heard of "van life".

Nomadland (film) - Wikipedia

Outside the Laundrie house. Will be on Morning in America at 7am ET on @newsnationnow
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1442438751968546816
Search for Brian Laundrie continues in 25,000-acre Carlton Reserve

Police said they will continue to assist as needed, but the search is continuing with fewer officers.

The FBI said their search efforts will be “targeted based on intelligence.” Last week, agents were not able to reach some areas with waist-deep water.

Investigators hope lower water levels will help them access areas that were previously difficult to reach.
FBI scales back search for Brian Laundrie in 25,000-acre Carlton Reserve

FBI returns to Brian Laundrie’s family home as manhunt continues
Mourners pack Gabby Petito's funeral as parents give emotional eulogies

Last edited:
Maybe it’s me, but the camping out (so to speak) of the reporters outside the Laundrie house is now beginning to feel a bit bizarre. The FBI has them covered and followed everywhere. Brian isn’t there. Believe me, Brian is never coming back there.

Maybe it’s me, but the camping out (so to speak) of the reporters outside the Laundrie house is now beginning to feel a bit bizarre. The FBI has them covered and followed everywhere. Brian isn’t there. Believe me, Brian is never coming back there.
But it is keeping pressure on his parents. I think they need to know that their life is not going back to normal, and people will not forget, until BL faces justice.

Well that's an intriguing comment. My highest bets were on strangulation with his bare hands, as the only method so far with some indicative evidence behind it. But you foreshadow something much worse.. Agreed with TheGardener that what we find out has the potential to tell us a lot more.

My money is that he just basically beat her to death. Whether with his hands or hit her and she had her head on a rock or whatnot.

Brian Laundrie could never survive in the Florida alligator-infested swamp where cops have been hunting for him — and if he were dead, you’d know by the frenzy of buzzards, according to a local expert helping police.

I’ve been in the woods in and out all my life,” said McEwen, who said he has navigated nearly every day of the last 30 years

“I have learned a lot in my life, and one thing I know is no one is gonna survive out there for two weeks on foot,” McEwen said, predicting even an experienced survivalist wouldn’t last more than five days.

“There’s no water supplies; there’s no fresh springs … there’s just no possible way. No possible way,” he said of the area that is “90 percent underwater” with “no place habitable.”
Brian Laundrie could never survive in Florida swamp: expert

Last edited:
Two thoughts regarding FBI going to house. I'm sure it's been mentioned maybe?

They were in and out quick. IF they found BL somewhere I would think they would have stayed a bit to talk, express condolences etc. I find it odd that in his missing poster there is not any mention of 'last seen wearing'.

I think it's a short list of people out there who would keep him hidden at this point.

I agree with all they should have enough DNA to not need more, so maybe they found a shoe or something and want to match it up (but who leaves home with just one shoe?).

Last , if BL has been found someone mentioned there would be tents etc set up...no sign of those yet?? And the lack of foot traffic at the home, if he was not alive I would think clergy or support would be at the home for the family. hopefully today there is news.

All of this expressed is MOO

Plus it was kind of forced van life because of employment issues.

Yes - the true story movie about a more senior version of van life - "Nomadland" - all this reminds me so much of that movie. Except most of the people in that movie traveled alone and I would doubt any of them were Influencers. That movie was the first I'd heard of "van life".

Nomadland (film) - Wikipedia

Why? Wouldn't BL's dna be all over the van that LE already searched?
They would still need his DNA profile for comparison. There could be DNA from several people in the van. Anyone who has ever been in it or touched items that had been in it could have left their DNA behind.

I think the FBI went to the house to retrieve samples in order to develop a profile for Brian. Maybe by this time LE has found blood evidence, a murder weapon, or other crime scene DNA and need his profile for comparison. Imo

Also everyone discussing Instagram, whoever it was saying that followers are deleting him. Just the opposite. He's famous now. He's got over 400k followers now. Everyone's waiting to see what he's going to do next. So no people aren't deleting him if anything it's going the opposite way.

You can make money in lots of ways if you get a lot of social media followers. That’s what Gabby was trying to do and it’s called being an influencer because your posts can affect followers, usually to buy things.

RSBM

To Quim's point, and for those who aren't familiar with the phenomenon, "influencers" are sort of like celebrities, but they're famous for their online presence. Some focus on lifestyle, some focus on nutrition, fashion, etc.

Jennfer Weiner's Novel, Big Summer features a protagonist who has become an influencer and it explains the whole thing really well, for the uninitiated.

You can see that GP is starting to try to make money from ("monetize") her posts , in her Aug 12 Instagram post.

She says, "...side note ˚ this is not sponsored or an ad, although I wish it was (@rei )... But basically ALL of our hiking and camping gear, and also our van life essentials are all from @rei #reicoop"

She's written a nice post recommending their equipment, and by tagging them, she's bringing herself to their attention as a potential person whose posts they could sponsor in exchange for featuring and saying nice things about the equipment she's using on her trip.

Interestingly, August 12th is the date that they had the encounter with police in Moab, so presumably this was one of the posts she was working on that morning, and we know that her attempts to monetize her online presence was one of the things that was a source of conflict for the two of them. (MOO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214