Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And why did LE not photograph them…I seem to remember a LEO video taping her while she was in the police car…..

ETA. maybe LE can only take pictures of evidence while under arrest?…..
Is there a link for the handprints on the arm? Tbis is the first I heard about that. I think the officer did notice something on her arm that she said was from her backpack--maybe when she was climbing into the van window?

Re: LE in Moab not photographing bruising on GP....

While we see it from the bodycam, it might have been harder for the human eye to notice, esp. as GP was sitting in a shaded area and the LE were in/facing bright sunlight. Sometimes the human eye takes longer to adapt/see chanes when looking from bright to dim to bright again.

I know the marks were mentioned during the stop but there was so much talking and walking back and forth between the officers that maybe since it wasn't blatently obvious to them (visually speaking because of the glare/shade differential), it kind of slipped through the cracks?

Not making excuses for LE neglecting that step, but just offering an idea on why it might have been skipped (or forgotten)....
Gotcha….thx

I was wrong, my apologies. I was informed on here because she wasn't charged, there was no pending court date. So sorry to share misinformation, it's not what I would ever want to do deliberately.
Not at all, I was asking if there was a pending court case or if that was all dropped when charges weren't pressed. I'm not sure how it all works or how these things proceed. I did try to do a quick check on their free online system, but it only shows future court cases, not past ones. In order to look at the past calendar I'd have to pay $30 to subscribe.
Maybe one of our resident legal experts can answer that question.

I'm really not sure what you are saying.

Your previous post offered a couple of hypotheticals:

"[W]hat if (BL) left her without any means of survival? What if she died of dehydration?"

Her body was found a short walk from a heavily-traveled road in a campground full of vacationers. The means of survival were very close. The autopsy of her body found that she died from homicide so obviously there is evidence we are not privy to that she did not die of dehydration.

"What if she inflicted wounds on her own body in her agony? What if he found her lifeless body and just left her there?""

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "inflicted wounds on her own body in her agony." Tt seems like a flowery way to say that she killed herself. We know she didn't, the manner of death is officially homicide, though the means have not been revealed yet. If you didn't mean suicide, then she sat down in a place that is a fifteen-minute walk from the road in a busy and fully-booked campground and did... what? Ripped her own flesh until she died? I'm confused.

If the campsite Gabby was found in was well traveled she would have been found by other campers, not LE intent on searching for an endangered person or a deceased person . Her body was out in the open. There was no attempt at concealment.

I know a young woman who has been traumatized by relationships that messed with her head more than her body. Her way of dealing with the anguish and pain of loved ones inflicting emotional hurt on her being was to injure herself by cutting herself. On her arms and legs. I was with her once where she was so upset she dragged her fingernails down her face leaving bloody marks there. And on the front of her thighs. A terrible thing to witness. So there are lots of ways a person who is emotionally and physically hurt by people deal with that hurt.

Some of them take drugs, get drunk, act defiant encouraging even more physical abuse because they are so damned tired of it. And self harm. It seems to me that there is an epidemic of young people who self harm today. That doesn't mean they are trying to kill themselves; they are trying to blunt the psychological pain by feeling physical pain.

Since BL seemed to enjoy separating Gabby from her friends, her vehicle, her phone and credit cards when they had a disagreement I can see him doing it to the nth degree. If BL left GP in that park alone with no-one to turn to, no method to contact someone and no method to leave he surely could have killed her without laying a hand on her. MOO

Personally, i'd take her accounts with a grain of salt. I don't find her to be a credible witness, nor have I seen evidence of those two being "best friends". I know Rose has said this but I question it. IMO GP did not make the same claims through her posts.

When DV isn't packaged in black eyes and physical altercations it can be hard for others to recognize (like BL antagonizing and emotionally abusing GP). I am in no way excusing GP for hitting BL. I think this relationship was volatile, toxic and unhealthy for both of them, obviously it ended in murder.

I think BL was/is a master manipulator and was harmful to GP in myriad ways. Personally, when someone is an abuser I believe they work hard to hide it from the world. When they (the victims) are exasperated and grasping, they do whatever they can for attention or the anything to "make it stop". IMO BL is the former and GP is the latter.

Again, JMO and based on the small snippets we've all seen.
But isn't a lot of the presumption of chronic DV coming from statements that Rose made?

I don't see a reason to discredit Rose here.
Whether she's her best friend in Florida or her second best friend in the world makes no difference.
Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online
I don't disagree with whether she was a BFF or not. I, personally find her not believable and although TOS keep us from sleuthing and posting here; on our own time we can read anything and everything. I have viewed her accounts on SM and various other sources, and I am not fond of what i've seen.

BTW: ETA The link you have above makes her the most believable and sincere.

I appreciate your sharing this info with me....I really don't know what, if anything else they could have done. That's what I'm wrestling with. Even the officer said the police aren't qualified to diagnose or give advise on DV. Well, maybe they should be. Add that to the list of requirements for the job.

What's ironic is the officers did give advice to.... Brian. And yes, it is their job to correctly handle a DV situation.

You know, any woman is likely to become a total mess if her partner has been slapping her around on a public street in broad daylight and then taking her phone and locking her out of her van which held all her things. How dare he.

It’s so cruel and yet she was scared to be apart from him that night. I have also often wondered if she drove the van over to his hotel to see him or if she stayed nearby the hotel that night.

Dog is searching for a person, a track of a person or any evidence of a person.
He's not searching for police evidence for a prosecution.

Yeah, I can dig that about DTBH, but why would any evidence found at one of his campsites be evidence for his prosecution for the murder of GP? Unless its a missing phone or a piece of her clothing. But that Monster can wasn't involved in anything going down in wyoming.

To be fair, it may not be something that Gabby's parents want to speak of. Their daughter almost getting arrested, the violence of the moment. The amount of police that arrived at the scene.
They seem to be classy people who want to stay above the fray. Preserve the good of their daughter's memory and image. Not speak of the dark moments. As is their choice.

They may be able to address the dark parts after some time has passed -- they may want to speak about DV one day -- but yes, their feelings, loss, and despair are too raw at this time. They want to remember her smiles, good deeds, and happy times now and probably for a while. People deal with this kind of loss in so many ways.

It’s so cruel and yet she was scared to be apart from him that night. I have also often wondered if she drove the van over to his hotel to see him or if she stayed nearby the hotel that night.

I want to say she did, but probably until after she called him several times without him responding until she was crying in fear of being in Utah all alone with no shelter but the bulky van she didn't like to drive, worried probably that strangers might try to get in there while she slept at night.

I suspect that if she called or texted him first, he made her sweat it out until later at night when she was "calmed down" to his liking and he invited her to the hotel. Just my guess.

My only reply is that I've watched both versions of the body cams. I know what she said and I know what he said, and I know what LE said. But, I don't think you know my original question. It was, what should LE have done legally different...
They could have , at the very least, as a group, and in concert, one after the other said, 'Mr Laundrie , your deportment and behaviour is unacceptable in Utah, we would like to you come to the station where we can have a little longer to talk over your issues , in regard to smacking women around, as our eyewitness reported to us, on our peaceful Moab streets. After you, Mr Laundrie. '

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for clarifying! I will delete my post because I don't want to add to misinformation.

I didn't know that about the seat cover :(
I put that in a post a few hours ago. It does not show up in my posts for some reason. I did a search and came up with this https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...k-25-aug-2021-47.591946/page-14#post-17155076

Post 262 I think. But I think we all JMO'ed that the garage was not the Laundries but LE and the cloth seat cover may have been in the bag on the pax seat or it may have been tossed prior. JMO

Yeah, I can dig that about DTBH, but why would any evidence found at one of his campsites be evidence for his prosecution for the murder of GP? Unless its a missing phone or a piece of her clothing. But that Monster can wasn't involved in anything going down in wyoming.
I've looked but can't find info on why the search in the other place happened. Was it a tip,? What led Dog there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties