Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 02¢ -
"So I think that our little squabbles started because you’re hanging out at the coffee shop and when he got back to the van, [inaudible 00:12:59] I moved our food around, so she gets a little…"

The Van Life video segment where Gabby was making breakfast while BL was doing yoga it has been pointed out that "his" granola was melted - had been in the sun and he jumped up as soon as she picked it up.

There was an explosive argument at a restaurant shortly before Gabby died.

And Gabby stated her profession as nutritionist. She focused a lot on food IMO.

Finally, at the DV stop Gabby wanted water. They were out of water. She had no problem drinking from two plastic bottles - based on the photo of her clutching the two despite BL specifically waving them off. Gabby wanted to get going from the Moonflower because they were out of water. BL wanted to "calm down and go for a walk" - not something I would want to do if I hadn't had any water since 9 am.

ETA: that six gallon jug they used for water must have been plastic so o_O

CONTROL

MOO, MOO MOO - food and water were flashpoints in this already disfunctional relationship. MOO
BL was plain mean to GABBY

Informative photos in this article.

A few firearm & ammo facts:
1) It would not be smart to target shoot in a Federal Park where it is prohibited. High probability of arrest.
2) If those are bullet holes… there are definitely projectiles within the wood that the FBI could recover
3) A 9mm bullet, 115 grain FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) will go through 2” of a 2x4 at 18 yards, clean hole punch (personal experience)
4) A .380 is usually 85 grain might penetrate the same 2” of 2x4 (speculation)
5) Hollow points generally do not penetrate plywood unless the ammo is LE grade hollow point (which civilians can buy, but it’s not common for them to do so.)
6) Hollow Point ammunition is legal for private citizens in Florida. Some citizens use it, some don’t.
7) FMJ ammo is usually used for target practice for economy. Hollow point ammo is about 2x the cost of FMJ and is not necessary for target shooting.

Speculation: That’s a hell of a lot of shots to murder one person, unless victim is running.
It is perfectly legal to target shoot in national parks.

Shooting | US Forest Service

I have the feeling the FBI already has BL, especially after the last visit to the Laundries.
Someone mentioned here that, evidence is usually held until the conclusion of a criminal case. In this FBI visit, one of the FBI agents entered the house carrying a "large" brown paper bag and left the house without it. I've been wondering since then what was inside that brown paper bag.
This could also explain the Laundries' silence and lack of emotion leaving and entering their house.
This is purely speculation on my part.

MOO JMO
Has him, meaning alive in person, or have sights on him, or have partial remains? Could be , I guess... and waiting for DNA lab verification? SOMETHING, I hope. jmo

Josh Benson from WFLA posted screenshots from a FaceTime call with DTBH. You can see those here. It looks like they may have found something? Idk. May or may not be related to BL. You can see in those screenshots it looks like some kinda roof-ish? Not sure. Like I said…may or may not be related to BL…But seems odd to have a makeshift hut thing in the woods lol (IMO that’s what it looks like in the screenshots in the post). Pure speculation as to what that is Bc I’m not sure from those screenshots. I’ve found some more pictures of what’s in the background of those screenshots…just waiting on admin approval to post them.

ETA: added some clarity.
I wanted to come back & elaborate because an admin approved me posting them. This is a makeshift campsite with a fort found on one of the islands where DTBH has been looking. Dog didn’t find it himself, someone else was looking & found it & called him. However, Dog thought enough of it to show it to Josh Benson from WFLA. This may or may not be related to BL. However, IMO it is very interesting to look at what was found. It seems to be this hut thing with this canopy roof thing made out of sticks. It also has a makeshift bed (made out of a board covered in moss) & pillow. Idk if they found anything other than this at the site. Definitely interesting to look at!

This is a video of the site (you can see Dog in the video): https://twitter.com/kryreth/status/1444475741916258305?s=21
This is the link to some pictures: https://twitter.com/kryreth/status/1444474994134765569?s=21

I’ll attach the picture of the bed but there’s a couple more in the link.
Again…this was all approved by an admin. & again…it could be something could be nothing but whoever built this thing…it’s very interesting to stumble upon this in the woods lol.

ETA: added more context to what was found. I finally figured out the right word for what this thing is lol. “Makeshift campsite” doesn’t give it enough credit. Lol it’s a legit fort.

Attachments

• C81E39D8-CDF6-4019-BE6D-DEB4DD207121.jpg
    C81E39D8-CDF6-4019-BE6D-DEB4DD207121.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Do we even know that this is actually Brian's room? I doubt the real estate listing had a caption stating "teenage son's room" or anything like that. MOO

It's obvious it was his bedroom. His sister, Cassie, is about 12 years older than him and has children so it wouldn't have been her room in 2017. A Darth Vader mask and one of his pieces of artwork are also on display.

Doesn't really state anything. That's a staged room for a realty photo. Most everything gets moved out of the room for those photos. Modest bedroom. Parents obvi never upgraded his bed from childhood, but doesn't really say much else.

Well, IMO it evidences one thing as I mentioned a couple of threads ago: His bedroom has a sliding glass door to the back. He has direct backyard access from that bedroom.

But, I am now of the opinion that this is completely irrelevant bc I now believe (MOO) that BL was gone before Brian Entin and his News Nation team arrived on the scene and remained on that scene literally 24/7. And, this was Tuesday, September 14, 2021. https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1437912788899405826

Notice the Mustang is not there on Tuesday when BE arrives. But it is on Wednesday, the 15th. https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438242703087742977 The parents did not pick up this vehicle on Thursday. I hope someone called this footage into FBI.

You're right, that's an assumption on my part
It’s begs the question that if what they’ve wrote is accurate and they know for a fact he used her card, what was he doing with her card? For me it’s the first time I’ve seen an article actually specify the ‘use of her card’ it’s possibly a mistake on their part but certainly interesting considering the media have sources in LE etc.

Sorry if this has already been pointed out, but it's hard for me to believe the hiker's story, that the alleged Laundrie asked for directions to California from NC using only back roads. If he meant the state of California, that's kind of ridiculous, IMO. Just point your car west. And if back roads are important, buy a road atlas or use Google maps and indicate you want to avoid highways. Just doesn't ring real to me. MOO, JMO, IMO etc.

Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail

Many of us vividly recall abuse of various kinds from that same age. (Or later, been there, done that). Maybe we also did it unknowingly to others, or recognized in retrospect.

Everyone has something to contribute even to "that which we can never know". If I had children of that age I'd tell them to be very careful about choosing a life style with dependency on the same person you pick as a partner. IE financial and social ruin if one partner decides to sabotage or not pull their weight.

So there are lots of things we'll never know, which is why WS is so valuable to many who have seen just their own part of the elephant.
Most of us have learned lessons from sad experiences, but she was so young that she didn't have much past experience to learn from. Luckily, most of us have survived our experiences and are the wiser for them. She is deceased. Sickening. jmo

It is perfectly legal to target shoot in national parks.

Shooting | US Forest Service

Nope. Not allowed.

What are the differences between National Parks and National Forests?

At first glance, our nation’s National Parks and National Forests may appear to be just about the same thing, with both as public lands. Under closer comparison though, each has their own unique history and priorities.

Hunting is illegal in most national parks except under special permits. Target practice also is banned. • For national security reasons, guns cannot be carried into federal facilities within national parks. Notice of this rule will be clearly displayed outside all federal facilities.
A Quick Guide to Gun Regulations in the Intermountai…
www.nps.gov/grca/learn/management/upload/Firearms-in-IMRp…

Hunting and target practice are banned in national parks. Guns may only be discharged in rare circumstances. Guns cannot be carried inside federal facilities, even when they are within national parks. This includes visitor centers, ranger stations, maintenance buildings, and fee collection stations.
Carrying in National Parks: The When, Where, and H…

Last edited:
I have the feeling the FBI already has BL, especially after the last visit to the Laundries.
Someone mentioned here that, evidence is usually held until the conclusion of a criminal case. In this FBI visit, one of the FBI agents entered the house carrying a "large" brown paper bag and left the house without it. I've been wondering since then what was inside that brown paper bag.
This could also explain the Laundries' silence and lack of emotion leaving and entering their house.

MOO JMO

I understand this is only speculation on your part. BUT, could this be possible, the FBI already has BL in custody? Is the FBI obligated to say when/if they have a person in custody?

MOO JMO
IMO there is no way that the FBI wouldn’t notify Gabbys family if they had or knew where BL is. They would NOT continue the torture of a grieving family like that. Just last night Gabbys mom posted for BL to turn himself she’s angry. MOO they just don’t know where he is, and that sighting really didn’t seem very credible.

Sorry if this has already been pointed out, but it's hard for me to believe the hiker's story, that the alleged Laundrie asked for directions to California from NC using only back roads. If he meant the state of California, that's kind of ridiculous, IMO. Just point your car west. And if back roads are important, buy a road atlas or use Google maps and indicate you want to avoid highways. Just doesn't ring real to me. MOO, JMO, IMO etc.

Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail

But, don't you think BL would be dazed and confused at this point? He has no phone to use to search for these things because that is traceable.

We do not this guy!
We did not.know her!
The ppl.that did know them said they were very nice and happy
Together!
Something changed on this trip!!
Just my 2 cents!

Nothing changed, it's just that in abusive relationships, quite often the abuse is kept hidden.
Even family and friends don't know about it.
The abuser is too afraid to speak out.

I'm sure their relationship looked perfect to other people. But inside, things were very different.

I feel for the innocent neighbors, esp. the one going through chemo I however do not have any empathy for the Laundrie's they can end this all right now by turning in their son. All they have to do is go talk with FBI. It's that simple.
I agree with this. There comes a point where this needs to be shut down. IMO there has to be something on the books that LE can use and not give free rein to screaming until "10:00 p.m." At this point these poor neighbors are becoming collateral damage, and it's not fair to them. MOO

Yes, would be very difficult to follow the TAT without purchasing the paper maps or downloads. No GPS navigation system that I know of has an option for “dirt roads only”.
I wish there was one!
The above video shows the original route of the TAT, but the Trans America Trail “has since been modified by an open source community with start points on the New York and North Carolina coasts, and end points in Oregon and California.” Maybe Brian decided to cross from NC to California on back roads where no one would be looking for him, few people would even see him, and in a vehicle no one would recognize. If he was smart he would get ahold of a motorcycle and wear a helmet to cross the country. No way he’d be recognized then.
You are giving me an idea. BL is on a motorbike? This would be a great disguise. He’d need to steal a license, correct? Or, he could be on an ATV no license? That’s another crowd he could get lost in, especially helmeted.

Later: I see this idea came up already. (I’m back a bunch of posts with my reading.) But I’m all in! How would BL get a license for motorbikes? No license required for ATVs correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734