Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I am not some drug addict! I am a highly educated person!" gave me a chuckle this morning.

Yes, but I really believe him. He is just an ordinary guy with 4 kids and he wasn't expecting to run into the dude early in the morning. He's Gen X like me, my generation wasn't big on drugs, just on keeping it real, IMO. I am sure he is frustrated that LE didn't believe him - Imagine how many crank calls they did get from lunatics about sightings on the AT. IMO LE is missing out if they aren't checking into this.

I absolutely did not want to believe that BL had come to the AT, but after reading this guy's account, I fully believe he did. I just don't want LE to miss the boat on this.

Prayers BL is caught fast.

Idk if he’s going there today, but yesterday I know he was busy checking out that makeshift campsite found on one of those islands - video here (admin approved). He got on a FaceTime call with Josh Benson from WFLA at the site. So I know that’s where he was yesterday. Don’t know if he will check out App Trail today.

Didn’t the guy say he was asking directions to California? Would we think he’d still be there if he was asking for directions across the country?
BBM. I wonder if he was trying to get across the border in San Diego.

Again, for sake of argument, let's say BL lied to his parents and sister and they did not know anything was amiss until Sept. 10th, when GP's mom started texting the parents.

This would explain the camping trip and other "normal" behaviors witnessed by neighbors prior to that date. It would also explain BL's sister's GMA interview on the 15th, with her speaking in terms of time since she found out GP was missing, and her brother then missing. From Sept. 10th on, not including seeing him on the 1st and 6th because that was before she knew GP was missing. (Although my one question there is did he have and did she see the white van when he visited her on Sept. 1).

So the parents get a lawyer on or around Sept. 10, because they either finally know, or suspect what their son did, and then don't know how to proceed appropriately. Lawyer tells them to stay quiet and let him handle the press and LE, so they do.

With pressure coming from all sides now, Brian leaves and tells his parents he is going to the Carleton Reserve on Sept. 14. On the 17th, after BL not returning home, they find an empty gun case in the Mustang, note his new cell phone and wallet are home, and they think maybe he's gone off to harm himself. So they tell LE.

Maybe I'm giving his family too much benefit of doubt, but imo, I have to at least consider the possibility that they may not be lying or covering for him, at all. Maybe they really don't know where he is, are concerned for his safety, didn't know where GP was before she was found, and didn't know anything happened before Sept. 10th.
All possible, but why all agree to not communicate at all with Gabby's distraught family? And why not publicly ask Brian to turn himself in? Their lawyer has only said, on their behalf that they are "concerned"..........................very low key for parents of a missing fugitive. jmo

Again, for sake of argument, let's say BL lied to his parents and sister and they did not know anything was amiss until Sept. 10th, when GP's mom started texting the parents.

This would explain the camping trip and other "normal" behaviors witnessed by neighbors prior to that date. It would also explain BL's sister's GMA interview on the 15th, with her speaking in terms of time since she found out GP was missing, and her brother then missing. From Sept. 10th on, not including seeing him on the 1st and 6th because that was before she knew GP was missing. (Although my one question there is did he have and did she see the white van when he visited her on Sept. 1).

So the parents get a lawyer on or around Sept. 10, because they either finally know, or suspect what their son did, and then don't know how to proceed appropriately. Lawyer tells them to stay quiet and let him handle the press and LE, so they do.

With pressure coming from all sides now, Brian leaves and tells his parents he is going to the Carleton Reserve on Sept. 14. On the 17th, after BL not returning home, they find an empty gun case in the Mustang, note his new cell phone and wallet are home, and they think maybe he's gone off to harm himself. So they tell LE.

Maybe I'm giving his family too much benefit of doubt, but imo, I have to at least consider the possibility that they may not be lying or covering for him, at all. Maybe they really don't know where he is, are concerned for his safety, didn't know where GP was before she was found, and didn't know anything happened before Sept. 10th.
I agree they may not have been aware of GP’s murder but I think they definitely knew something was going on when he came home mid trip.

In this BL sighting article:
BBM

There is no doubt in my mind I spoke to Brian Laundrienone whatsoever,” Davis, 53, said.

The man Davis sighted drove a white or light-colored pick up truck resembling a Ford F-150 and wore a dark bandana on his head.

Despite the road being dark, Davis said the headlights from both idle cars were sufficient to see the man at such close range.

I'm having a difficult time grasping how Mr. Davis can have no doubt whatsoever about who he spoke to yet at the same time... was not able to clearly identify the color of the vehicle belonging to this person.

Anyone else?

Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail

It was early in the morning yesterday, before dawn. He did say the truck was white if I recall. When you are seeing someone in the dark with your headlights and they are seeing you with theirs, out of two driver's side windows, I can understand.

Well, there is this thing that he left with his fiancée who lived in that very same house with him and his parents, and he returned all by his lonesome with her van. And the detail that all of her belongings were still in the house.

So they all had to know something thing was not right. I agree, MOO, that they likely did not know exactly what happened. In fact, they still may not know. BL might have declined to talk about it, and parents were giving it time. Or, BL could have outright lied to them.
Yes, it is entirely possible that the Laundries did not know that Gabby was altogether missing and left dead at the last camp site.

I'm having a difficult time grasping how Mr. Davis can have no doubt whatsoever about who he spoke to yet at the same time... was not able to clearly identify the color of the vehicle belonging to this person.

Anyone else?
RSBM: BBM: Yes, I can understand. Lights and darkness can have a strange effect together. I remember having a red car that I parked in the daylight. When I returned to the car it was dark and outdoor floodlights had been turned on. The car literally looked gray as if it had been on fire. I was dumbfounded for a minute until closer inspection.

I really don't usually get into the tiny nits of conversations in looking at true crime stuff - people speak so casually that minor oddities rarely mean much. And that goes doubly so of a reported (not recorded) conversation given by a person who finds himself suddenly answering press calls and giving interviews in a high-profile homicide/ fugitive situation.

That said, this guy says he said to "BL" that he could take I-40 to California, and that "BL" said (paraphrasing from memory except the bolded and beyond), "I'm just going to take this road into California."

"Into" is not how anyone refers to going to a state (exception - maybe occasionally, when referring to going to a neighboring state to do a specific activity, to distinguish from doing it in your state); we say "to" x state.

However, we quite often say "into" with respect to towns or cities.

This may be a regionalism (It certainly exists in Southern parlance. I had a bf once who thought it was amusing once when he called me at home and my (Southern) father said I'd "gone into town.". My parents used that phrasing all the time, despite our living in a medium-populated area of sprawl with many towns running one into another; the colloquialism was from my father's upbringing in a small town with one main shopping drag, aka, grocery store, bank, etc.)

Following on that line, the phrasing would make more sense, too, then, if "BL" were actually a local boy, with the Southern /rural phrasing.

But again, the conversation is retold by a person who seems kind of amped up (understandably) by the encounter, so I don't put much on it at all.

In other news, that engineer guy's pic looks like half the men suggested to me on dating apps. :confused:o_O

Good points. That's probably the way I would speak about traveling to a state vs a specific town. But 1-40 won't take him to California NC. It would take him to Raleigh but then 1-40 goes South to Wilmington NC. In Raleigh he'd need to find a road to go pretty much due east to get to California. But he could get to Barstow CA on 1-40.

Idk. I'm not convinced it was BL as there certainly could be lost young guys in the mountains in trucks who aren't BL. And while I think the engineer is probably sincere, I'm not sure I trust his report of what was said either.

JMO

Truth is, nobody outside the Laundry help network knows where he is. At least none of us mere mortals. I definitely believe Brian's angst and paranoia levels are in the red zone. Sleeping with one eye open is tough stuff.
MOO

All possible, but why all agree to not communicate at all with Gabby's distraught family? And why not publicly ask Brian to turn himself in? Their lawyer has only said, on their behalf that they are "concerned"..........................very low key for parents of a missing fugitive. jmo

Yah. All Brian's parents need to do is get before the media and plead for Brian to turn himself in. A gesture as simple as this could lessen the suspicion on the parents that they have aided and abetted him.

I have the feeling the FBI already has BL, especially after the last visit to the Laundries.
Someone mentioned here that, evidence is usually held until the conclusion of a criminal case. In this FBI visit, one of the FBI agents entered the house carrying a "large" brown paper bag and left the house without it. I've been wondering since then what was inside that brown paper bag.
This could also explain the Laundries' silence and lack of emotion leaving and entering their house.
This is purely speculation on my part.

MOO JMO

I'm thinking the brown bag contained BL items that the FBI was returning. (clothing etc. used for dogs to sniff scent.)

Idk if he’s going there today, but yesterday I know he was busy checking out that makeshift campsite found on one of those islands - video here (admin approved). He got on a FaceTime call with Josh Benson from WFLA at the site. So I know that’s where he was yesterday. Don’t know if he will check out App Trail today.

Didn’t the guy say he was asking directions to California? Would we think he’d still be there if he was asking for directions across the country?
NO! If he continued west in the truck, he is already out west somewhere. jmo

The reporter at 19:50 in the following linked video seems to have seen the remains in the Chopper5 video (MOO) and she says "body parts" when discussing the FBI press conference. JMO, the orange chalk paint may have been markings near the remains.
Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito
But I do see where there is a hole or dent at each chalk marking. It seems a little odd that LE would spray chalk directly on potential evidence.
But that's the point -- there are also markings away from where she was found indicating there was additional evidence at least by that marked rock. MOO
There wouldn't be any demonstrations if there were no hungry media. (Media friendly here, but they choose what goes on the news). I remember the jugglers and the noisy virtual carnival out in front of Terri Shiavo's HOSPICE.
Understand, but I think it's up to LE to find something, anything they can use to give these poor neighbors some peace. Especially the ones directly next door and across the street. MOO

In this BL sighting article:
BBM

There is no doubt in my mind I spoke to Brian Laundrienone whatsoever,” Davis, 53, said.

The man Davis sighted drove a white or light-colored pick up truck resembling a Ford F-150 and wore a dark bandana on his head.

Despite the road being dark, Davis said the headlights from both idle cars were sufficient to see the man at such close range.

Anyone else?

Its possible that he’s colour blind, my dad is and struggles to tell the difference between some colours. JMO

Spoken words from the witness who says he encountered BL:
Hiker claims he saw Brian Laundrie near Appalachian Trail

After completing his U-turn, he was driving back in the direction of the pickup truck when the man driving it stuck his hand out of the vehicle.

"I pulled up alongside of the vehicle," Davis explained. "…I rolled my window down and I started talking with the gentleman. I could tell right away that something wasn't right with him."

His immediate thought was that the driver was "on drugs at first," but after reflecting on it, Davis said he "looked mentally shot." Davis added that the driver "didn't look dirty at all."

"He said me and my girlfriend had a fight, and man, I love her, and she called me, and I need to go out to California to see her," Davis explained. Davis then told the driver to take I-40 West, but the driver said no and that he would rather stay on Waterville Road by the Pigeon River.

"He said, ‘No, I think this road that we're on — I'm going to take it to California,'" Davis said.

The driver then told Davis that he was lost and was trying to get to California after getting in a fight with his girlfriend.

The hiker thought about the encounter afterward as he started driving again and began to wonder whether it was Laundrie.

"So I got to the next spot where I was going to park and I pulled open my phone and I started looking through pictures. And the thing when I was talking to him which really stood out to me was: He had a very full but short, very thick, dark, black beard and mustache. And so when I parked my car and I pulled up the picture of him on the internet…and there was that beard and mustache," Davis said.

As of Sunday morning, neither the FBI nor the police had contacted Davis. The FBI, nor several police departments and sheriff's offices in the areas of Tennessee and North Carolina Davis described, responded to inquiries from Fox News.

Hiker claims he saw Brian Laundrie near Appalachian Trail

So nobody has contacted him back? That's nuts!

People interpret things differently, I guess. I would not say Gabby was hysterical. She was crying, sure. But able to speak coherently and was in control of herself. Nor did I see any fist bumping behavior on the part of the men. The crazy statement was in response to a question about whether she takes meds. Brian's response was "She just gets crazy. No." Everyone gets crazy on occasion and that's ok. He's trying to downplay the seriousness of the encounter. MOO

"crazy"/"hysterical". Semantics. I was speaking casually, not clinically.

I was responding to the thought experiment posed about reversing gender roles and how the interaction would be/have been perceived (by LE and by us viewers) if they flipped.

And btw:
Q7rS1ZA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members