Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what day the trip was supposed to end and they were supposed to return home? Was there a return date?
I don’t remember when their van trip was supposed to end like on what date. I think it’s out there somewhere. All I remember is they were supposed to end their trip in Portland.

ETA: I see where someone thinks it might be Halloween in terms of a date.

Thank you very much so we can deduce it was highly likely Gabby's correct and was found by the FBI FORENSICALLY?

but does that not bring into question, that they don't have enough evidence for anything else? sounds like it's the only way to put the heat on him.

I think it is highly probable that when the FBI reviewed BL's drive back to FL, they came across transactions he made at various places (for fuel, food, etc) and that way they found out that he was using Gabby's card.

It probably wasn't too hard to link debit card transactions (obtained via a warrant for Gabby's bank records) with BL's journey home. They probably also have CCTV of him making those transactions ... from fuel and food stops along the way.

This bothers me. I guess you strike while the iron is hot, but I have a gut feeling that the last thing I would be doing 3/whatever weeks after my child was found dead in the wilderness would be creating some sort of legal entity. I just can't see myself doing that so soon, and I think I would probably tell anyone trying to convince me to sign on/approve to go take a flying leap. I'd still be crying or sedating myself to sleep every night, I think. People grieve differently, I guess.
Grief is a strange thing, and yes everyone grieves differently. One can go through all stages of grief multiple times a day. Trust me in saying Gabbys parents are still in shock, but soon it will hit and hit hard, and if you don’t find away to keep busy or occupy your mind it will literally drive you crazy. Unfortunately I’m 3yrs down this road. MOO Gabbys parents are trying to have something good come out of this tragedy to help bring them peace but to also keep them busy.

A lot of advocates get their starts with tragedy. I hope it gains traction.
Oh, absolutely. Not side-eyeing the project, just saying that I, personally, can't imagine establishing something formal so soon. I wouldn't and wouldn't want to be in that headspace at that point. Again, reflection not criticism necessarily.

Thank you very much so we can deduce it was highly likely Gabby's correct and was found by the FBI FORENSICALLY?

but does that not bring into question, that they don't have enough evidence for anything else? sounds like it's the only way to put the heat on him.
It gave them something that they could use to charge him with a crime, which would obviously allow law enforcement to hold him once he was found.

The investigation into Gabby's death will take time, as they are waiting on the autopsy report, and likely still gathering and processing evidence.

Proving that someone was murdered is one thing, but proving that Brian was the one who murdered Gabby is another thing entirely.

I have every confidence they will get there.

I think it is highly possible that when the FBI reviewed BL's drive back to FL, they came across transactions he made at various places (for fuel, food, etc) and that way they found out that he was using Gabby's card.

or vice versa...they could have obtained her banking information and obtained proof that he used the card in those locations.

If you check out this link you'll see @acutename kindly provided a detailed list confirming Gabby stayed at the hotel.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Wish we knew when she checked in.
I am seriously doubtful that this flying home to move stuff into/out of storage ever even happened.

AFAWK….

GP told her family that BL went back to FL and everyone is taking that as truth.

there have been zero accounts of BL being seen at an airport, on a plane, or in FL during that time. Or of GP and/or BL anywhere out west during that time span (aside from her dad ordering her a pizza at the SLC hotel…reminder here…GP’s dad did not see BL and AFAIK..did not discuss BL’s absence during that exchange with his daughter)…if anyone has evidence to the contrary, please share.

I tend to think that neighbors would notice loads of stuff being moved into or out of a neighbor’s home. I know I do regarding the houses within eyesight of my front or back porch. They may not have thought anything of it at the time but now..with ALL that has transpired and all the media attention and protests on their street…I would think one or more of them would remember such activity.

so. I’m firmly in the camp that BL did not return home ca. Aug 17-23rd-ish.

JMHO and MOO

I am with you that he might not have really returned home then. But, then, where was he and what was he doing?

Yeah. IMO they just needed something to charge him with. A federal charge would not only allow for them to bring him in, but it would trigger different resources to be able to be utilized - US Marshalls, etc. JMO.

I recall reading somewhere that wildfire smoke was a problem for them during their travels. Does anyone remember this?
It would have been. I live in WA and flew through SLC and down to NV in the third week of Aug. It wasn't until you got south of SLC that the smoke cleared. So much of the west coast was covered in smoke at this time.

Could it be though, that GP's mom and uncle were told that BL flew home and back, but he never did?

I'm with the other posters in that there is no proof beyond a reasonable doubt (LE statements, videos, receipts, hotel, airlines, neighbors, witnesses, etc) that I can find that BL flew home in the middle of that trip, or that any storage unit was emptied or filled.

crazy.
)
What if BL is the one that texted the uncle possibly as a cover (for something)? It has been stated that BL often controlled her phone and they would fight over it.

We know the neighborhood is full of .... but none of them have mentioned seeing any type of "moving" projects (moving stuff from or to storage or garage).

It gave them something that they could use to charge him with a crime, which would obviously allow law enforcement to hold him once he was found.

The investigation into Gabby's death will take time, as they are waiting on the autopsy report, and likely still gathering and processing evidence.

Proving that someone was murdered is one thing, but proving that Brian was the one who murdered Gabby is another thing entirely.

I have every confidence they will get there.

I agree but they don't have it yet, and wrapping crime scene tape from Wyoming to Florida isn't gonna make it any easier to prove, this concerns me the most, MOO IMHO.

PS
was texting my daughter about something and I almost put MOO on the end, I'm spending too much time here...

I think it is highly probable that when the FBI reviewed BL's drive back to FL, they came across transactions he made at various places (for fuel, food, etc) and that way they found out that he was using Gabby's card.

It probably wasn't too hard to link debit card transactions (obtained via a warrant for Gabby's bank records) with BL's journey home. They probably also have CCTV of him making those transactions ... from fuel and food stops along the way.
I completely agree. IMO, he used her card to get home. It was reported by Walt on a WFLA live stream that the FBI stopped in a gas station in Illinois to get their footage - so I believe you’re correct that they had him on CCTV. They had to have something like that (really good proof) to get a grand jury indictment IMO.

I agree but they don't have it yet, and wrapping crime scene tape from Wyoming to Florida isn't gonna make it any easier to prove, this concerns me the most, MOO IMHO.

PS
was texting my daughter about something and I almost put MOO on the end, I'm spending too much time here...

It's pretty standard to charge someone with lesser crimes in cases like this, with the more serious ones being tacked on later.

They still have to find this guy, and they have enough to hold him once they do. There's no rush right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn