Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,
Our I.T. Director (Dave) will be taking the forum down to install our new server at 10 PM EASTERN tonight. This new server should eliminate the wait times and the forum spinning issue.
When the forum is down please come over to our live YouTube channel which is surprisingly called "Websleuths YouTube Live". We will go live at 10 pm Eastern tonight. You can join our panel, join our chat room, or just watch and listen. It is a live true crime discussion we do Monday through Thursday at 10 PM EASTERN. Click on the box below and join us for Websleuths YouTube Live!

oh great on the same day FB is down lol

They would not have been able to search the house without a warrant. The Laundries handed them a document with the attorney's contact information and refused to make Brian available when police went to the home. Imo

MOO but legally I don't think they refused to make BL available, but rather refused LE permission to enter their home without a warrant and then said that all future communications should go through their lawyer. BL is an adult, he could have made himself available if he wanted to.

Banner plane is up over the Laundrie house. It says “Justice 4 Gabby - Tik Tok times up”

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445112409111371786

There's a plane with banners that flies regularly over the L home? Are the baying crowds still there?

I don't think I've ever experienced a case, or set of speed-read threads, quite like this. Here's hoping it all ends soon, one way or another.

Pure Amateur Speculation Only - I really feel that if law enforcement did not respond to this tip, they feel confident that they know where BL is, dead or alive, and that it is not where this sighting was.

Or would they publicly deny and ignore in order to lull BL into a false sense of security. If that was Brian, he has a vehicle and he has access to radio, including news and the Gabby Petito story is just everywhere. He can't not hear the news. Notice the FBI hasn't said much of anything about where they are looking since they found Gabby. North Port and Pinellas County are putting out regular updates.

It's in the FBIs best interest to keep it on the down low. Since it's was near a parking area it's possible there were security cameras in the area that could be checked at the times recorded from the phone call.

Which leads me to believe if they were fighting before actually going outside it was not obvious to people inside.

On another issue, the fight at the mexican restaurant seemed odd to me. Witness said they were sitting right next to Gabby and Brian, heard Gabby apologize and heard Brian complaining to servers but could not hear why he was upset? If you heard one, wouldnt you hear both, especially if one was upset.

I'm pretty surprised that cellphone video of the incident doesn't exist. If someone is making that big of an a55 of themselves someone usually records it.

I don't see that. MOO. Why he did not pull over in an area where he had a signal so he could complete the call clearly in range is bizarre. But, I don't know what the roads out there are like. Perhaps there was nowhere safe for him to do that by the time he got through. But, it appears he gives his name and number (unless the dispatcher just gave up on that) and he does agree to meet officers. So, MOO still stands that I don't think the guy is deliberately lying unless of course, he doesn't know there can be criminal penalties for those actions. I wish we had the FBI call. MOO

Service is really spotty in parts of western NC/eastern TN. He may not have known where he could go to get totally in range, or it may not have been possible without a long drive away from where he was. As far as safety, I would absolutely never stop and make a call out in nowheresville Haywood Co (or nearby TN) in the wee hours of the morning if I had any other choice... it is dark, wooded, and remote out there. There also may not have been a good pull-off nearby, and people fly through those roads even at night, so it may not have been ideal for that reason. Can't speak to DD's exact location, but that's my take being somewhat familiar with the area.

They would not have been able to search the house without a warrant. The Laundries gave them their attorney's contact information and refused to make Brian available when police went to the home. Imo

I didn't say they needed to search that house. I said they needed to go in there to see if the missing person was in there. The police don't need a warrant if there is probable cause. Gabby's van being outside their house is probable cause to go in and see if she's in there while investigating a missing person's report. The police going in with probable cause has nothing to do with "talk to my attorney. That's my opinion and that's what I was talking about, NOT the police just going in to search stuff. But for what it is worth, they can search if given permission. But they weren't in this case. Still, they have probable cause to walk through there and see if Gabby is there in her home where her van is parked.

ETA, they also took the van, so they had to have either probable cause or a warrant for that, and the police themselves said they didn't identify any items of GP's in the house, which means they were in there looking, so that's the point of what I was talking about, actually.

Thanks.

Last edited:
MOO but legally I don't think they refused to make BL available, but rather refused LE permission to enter their home without a warrant and then said that all future communications should go through their lawyer. BL is an adult, he could have made himself available if he wanted to.
I'm pretty sure LE said they would not make him available, so I had the impression they asked to speak to him and they refused. Imo

I was thinking sister. She has a lot to lose. Though we don't know how much she knows. MOO

Addition: She may also be the most upsetting to BL given the widespread reports about how fond he is of her children. Taking her in (if they ever could) may be better than the parents. Her under fire might be the best chance of flushing him out. MOO

I've looked everywhere to find this. Could someone please link me a MSM article where it says Gabby had two Capital One cards? tysm

Capital One Credit Cards, Bank, and Loans - Personal and Business

2 accounts

The arrest warrant was issued after a federal grand jury in Wyoming indicted Laundrie for allegedly using a debit card to grant him unauthorized access to two Capitol One bank accounts, withdrawing more than $1,000, after Petito disappeared.

Arrest Warrant Issued For Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s Missing Fiance

I think I'll wait for the next update from LE. These "sightings" suck up my patience as they're bandied around by the media.
...and I thought DTBH was on his tail? Nah.
The FBI is the best source for updated info and its going to require patience waiting.
MOO

Hey Everyone,
Our I.T. Director (Dave) will be taking the forum down to install our new server at 10 PM EASTERN tonight. This new server should eliminate the wait times and the forum spinning issue.
When the forum is down please come over to our live YouTube channel which is surprisingly called "Websleuths YouTube Live". We will go live at 10 pm Eastern tonight. You can join our panel, join our chat room, or just watch and listen. It is a live true crime discussion we do Monday through Thursday at 10 PM EASTERN. Click on the box below and join us for Websleuths YouTube Live!

HA! I was wondering when a new server was coming....WS continues to grow! Congrats!

Lyssa Chapman
@BabyLyssaC

·
1m
Please keep all possibilities open. We are not looking for a truck, we are looking for #BrianLaundrie

I agree. But there hasn’t been much discussion on the possibility of him having a vehicle somehow. Any vehicle!
I also hope the FBI isn’t paying attention to DD tip because they honed in on him but after going through the Closs case I can’t bank on that assumption at all. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08