Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And don’t zoom! Unless you’re using a good 35mm camera! The phone images are poor quality when zoomed. Someone earlier said all supposed sightings look like they were photographed with a potato… I’m still chuckling but it’s so true.

And without zoom, it is often difficult to get detail without opening the pictures in something like photoshop. Even then, it can be a problem.

Are people here suggesting that we all send pictures of every similar-looking man to the FBI? Or to local LE?

If this man that keeps getting sighted isn’t Brian he should be easy enough to find since he most likely would have no reason to hide.

Seems there is a guy that looks like Brian.

Except Brian always wore shorts and flip flops!

I'm almost positive it's him. The places in NY range from 2-11 miles from his home town. Two of the places in FL are 10 miles from North Port. I think the South of the Border review that mentions Pedro is supposed to be funny, same for the mentions of the wife/kids. It's his name, it's his photo, and the account has existed for 4+ years. I'd chalk the name/picture up to a hoax, but given how close the places are to places he's associated with, I'm pretty sure it's his account. And he sounds like a pretty unpleasant guy.
I'm really not seeing how those Google reviews - whether by BL or someone messing around with his name - are indicative or suggestive of anything probative or interesting about whoever made them. Goofing around like an idiot online is a whole pastime for many.

<modsnip>

Goofing around writing dumb Google reviews is nothing.

Last edited:
And don’t zoom! Unless you’re using a good 35mm camera! The phone images are poor quality when zoomed. Someone earlier said all supposed sightings look like they were photographed with a potato… I’m still chuckling but it’s so true.

That reminds of all the photos that are supposed to be of Bigfoot! LOL!

Absolutely. But the video was made public and nothing was blocked out of the audio.

That's because HIPAA doesn't apply to most things - it must be followed regarding medical treatment and medical records.

I can say all I want about some person I see who might have a disability or an illness. I can talk about their sneezing, ask them if they have a cold or is it COVID, etc.

HIPAA doesn't apply to LE. Only to medical professions and medical records. When the police arrest someone and the person, say, is unconscious due to a drug induced seizure, they definitely can put that in the police report - and in many places, those are public record.

I personally think it is some saddo who has changed the account name and reviews trying to be funny but jmo.
It would be interesting to know the email address tied to the account as that can't be amended even though the name can.

The reviews are date stamped though and were left in the two main areas Brian has lived. Laundrie's bought the North Port, FL house in 2016. There's a review from 4 years ago at a restaurant in that area that says "just moved to florida 6 months ago"

So it would be quite a coincidence for there to be someone who has left reviews in the same areas where Brian lived at the time...AND have that person be a troll who decided to change their name on their google account (which also changes your name and photo to all your contacts you send emails too, btw)

That's because HIPAA doesn't apply to most things - it must be followed regarding medical treatment and medical records.

I can say all I want about some person I see who might have a disability or an illness. I can talk about their sneezing, ask them if they have a cold or is it COVID, etc.

HIPAA doesn't apply to LE. Only to medical professions and medical records. When the police arrest someone and the person, say, is unconscious due to a drug induced seizure, they definitely can put that in the police report - and in many places, those are public record.

Thank you for explaining that so much better than I could! I changed my post so I didn’t cause confusion!

Last edited:
And without zoom, it is often difficult to get detail without opening the pictures in something like photoshop. Even then, it can be a problem.

Are people here suggesting that we all send pictures of every similar-looking man to the FBI? Or to local LE?

Smh. At least could people THINK and realize that after a month he would not have a clean-shaven head.

Does anyone know how to view the email address associated with this account/reviews?

I personally think it is some saddo who has changed the account name and reviews trying to be funny but jmo.
It would be interesting to know the email address tied to the account as that can't be amended even though the name can.

MOO: To me it looks like some high school kid got stoned and bored, and decided to write a bunch of off-key reviews to stave off the boredom.

I'm really not seeing how those Google reviews - whether by BL or someone messing around with his name - are indicative or suggestive of anything privatize or interesting about whoever made them. Goofing around like an idiot online is a whole pastime for many.

<modsnip>
Goofing around writing dumb Google reviews is nothing.

IMO, his Google Review trolling does speak to his personality.

<modsnip>
If nothing else, it reeks of immaturity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would dad have thought Gabby was at the Laundrie home, if he didn't know that BL had arrived there?

Naturally, the parents are thinking at first that both Gabby and BL might be missing. Gabby's mom in particular knew something of their schedule and was thinking by now, they were outside the Black Hole of Yellowstone's "no service." Gabby was in regular contact, but then Mom got the suspicious email (she might even have thought Brian wrote it - but. didn't think a thing about that. at the time).

Gabby's mom doesn't try to report her missing until Sept 10. She doesn't know the van is back at the Laundrie house - who. would immediately jump. to "Brian killed our daughter"?!?

The fact that the Laundries didn't respond to text or message was explained, at least short term, by their camping - it must have been known that the family. had made several camping trips to the same place, might be off grid once in a while. Everyone gets to go off grid once in a while.

Then...it becomes known that the van is at the house.

But you're saying that after Sept 10, you would have personally driven to the Laundrie's house? Why wouldn't you have driven to Wyoming to search in the last known place? That would have been my first thought.

I would not immediately suspect the Laundries and can't wrap my head around the fact that the Laundries turned out to be people who didn't answer texts or phone calls after Sept 1. But Gabby's family didn't know the van had been there that long...
Great questions, I have no good additional insight or answers, really.

Not sure of the dates that calls were attempted and hard to verify without phone records as the stories have ebbed and flowed, outside of the her mom saying she texted on September 10. Don't know (don't remember) if she/they realized the van was there or not at that point. Yes, driving to Wyoming would be most logical with zero insight, you are quite right. I can only guess that someone confirmed the van was in the driveway on or before September 10, when I believe the missing person report was first attempted to be filed. But yes, too many missing pieces. And I do find it unusual, on some level, that her father never drove by or stopped by the Laundrie house during this time (or ever) according to the article shared here. Especially after being told the van was there, IF that ever happened before the police became involved. All my own thoughts and opinions!
Edited to add part about Gabby's mom's texts.
Gabby Petito’s family lawyer casts doubt on ‘incident’ with father at Laundrie’s home

Last edited:
MOO: To me it looks like some high school kid got stoned and bored, and decided to write a bunch of off-key reviews to stave off the boredom.

Clearly had too much time on his hands. No way of knowing whether he was at any of those places. Maybe he just disliked their existence, "infested" as they were with humans.

I think it's amazing they're talking with him at all. They must either find something he said plausible or they are doing a PR trip.

Because in between the several crime forums I visit daily

He's doing what a lot of people do on google reviews - building a new persona (doesn't want to be recognized). He is being "literary" in his minor way. Probably to impress Gabby.

He also says "wife" but he means Gabby, who is his girlfriend, fiancée and wife, in various of his writings/speech acts.
The FBI is only talking to this guy because he made some noise, not because there is something to the tip. This guy got ticked off because he thinks he is so important the FBI should have called him back, pronto.

That's not how tip-lines work. It's not a "conversation". You call. You leave a tip with some desk jockey. End of story. They don't call every tipster back with a blow-by-blow of their investigation of the tip. But that is exactly what this guy expected. That the FBI would personally have an agent call all 5,000 people who called in tips.

I've only had a tip-line call me back once. And that was for clarification of an exact address. They don't call you back. They don't even ask for your contact information half the time. They log your tip. Flag it for follow-up. And they get to it when they get to it, depending on priority.

The fact that this guy expected a personal follow-up call from an FBI agent is absurd.

I do not think that’s him in the video. If you watch the way he sits on the truck near the girl sitting down and when he sat down on the curb, in the sept 911 body cam video, he approached sitting much differently. Hands in the pockets he never does in any of his pictures with GP as they are always clasped out front or dangling at his side. And no I don’t believe he does that to hide tattoos.
Wait, what video?

I feel there's an immaturity about them. They're the kind of thing a young teenager would write, not someone in their early twenties.

I get the strong feeling that BL has perhaps felt like he's never really fit in. Maybe he played the class clown at school to try and be popular, and thought that by being 'funny' it would gain him some attention.

It's almost as if he's trying to get a laugh or attention with those reviews. I just don't see the point in them, or what purpose they serve.

They're very telling as far as his level of maturity and how he spends his 'leisure time'.

I can imagine two 13yr old boys daring each other to write dud or silly reviews, but not a grown adult of 22yrs old.

MOO

Edited to correct ridiculous spelling errors. It's the bewitching hour in the UK, and when I'm making basic errors it means I better get some shut-eye! G'night fellow Websleuthers!
I agree about BL. Deep feelings of inadequacy and insecuritiey.
This is what I feel he envied about Gabby. She seemed to be more comfortable in her skin, so to speak. Easy breezy kind of girl. She fit in anywhere, he never did in his mind. That is the impression he gives in the Van Life videos.
Just my meaningless opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member