Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking forward to Part II tomorrow!

I remain so impressed with how united and strong they are as a blended family. The tattoo Gabby gave her brother before the trip, now being her last piece of art work, is such an amazing gift. Her last piece of art will always be with him.
I agree. I’ve experienced divorced family dynamics and I don’t care what goes on behind closed doors, just them being able to be this united together in public in such a short timeframe (while processing grief) is amazing to see.

Just so my brain doesn’t explode from this man’s many confirmations, can someone with a law background please explain to me why on earth he is confirming anything?! What if an attorney wants to present alternate scenarios in court and this guy has already confirmed everything? Is he trying to make it so BL can’t get a fair trial? I know they’re fairly benign “texts” but the absurdity of an attorney confirming anything without a really good reason has been occupying my brain as I’ve read his continued “clarifications” today.

JMO.
He is getting hooked on the media attention he is receiving, imho. But that is fine with me because lies are being exposed. Jmo

1/2
Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino now says Brian left for the hike on Mon Sept 13, not Tues Sept. 14 like parents originally said.
Full Bertolino statement:
"The Laundries were basing the date Brian left on their recollection of certain events. Upon further communication...

2/2
with the FBI and confirmation of the Mustang being at the Laundrie residence on Wednesday September 15, we now believe the day Brian left to hike in the preserve was Monday September 13."

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445479117965578246?s=21

ETA: my dates are wrong. i was in august..sorry. disregard post.

I'm so confused. The 13th was a Friday the 14th a Saturday. How could they not look at their phones for texts, a calendar, etc for that day in question and work backwards like most people do when they are unsure. I actually also don't even see the point of the parents clarifying this. Can someone help me to understand their intentions with changing the date?

ETA: my dates are wrong. i was in august..sorry. disregard post.

Last edited:
Just so my brain doesn’t explode from this man’s many confirmations, can someone with a law background please explain to me why on earth he is confirming anything?! What if an attorney wants to present alternate scenarios in court and this guy has already confirmed everything? Is he trying to make it so BL can’t get a fair trial? I know they’re fairly benign “texts” but the absurdity of an attorney confirming anything without a really good reason has been occupying my brain as I’ve read his continued “clarifications” today.

JMO.

I can think of nothing legal as a reason. He is losing it. It’s all been a big *advertiser censored*-show from the get-go, a huge exercise in CYA. And it’s failed.

Notice how BL's attorney said they "shared expenses"? That's to try to get BL out of the CC fraud charge.
How cozy! It was still her card lol' jmo
How would the parents have known that the Mustang was ticketed? And found out so quickly?
It didn't come home monday night, so they checked for it tues afternoon. jmo

It is absolutely trying to plant (hazy) seeds of a defense to the current charge.

And "she gave me authorization" or "I believed I had authorization" is not a full rebuttal, but a defense attorney will absolutely raise it as a defense if that's what the client says/agrees is the case.

The Petito family is the epitome of grace - this story is heartbreaking and the fact that they are choosing to turn this tragedy into as positive of a situation tells so much of the type of people they are... and how they raised such a beautiful soul that has captivated people everywhere!

Watching the Dr Phil interview, they were talking about his skills as a "survivalist" and how he bragged about it (roughly 20 minutes in)....got me thinking if everyone is looking for him in the woods or off the beaten path, could he be hiding in plain sight ? Not in the woods because he knows everyone is looking there!?

Just a thought - and MOO.

that’s how I viewed it, Grace and decorum. To me they’re pleading for answers and for the laundrie family to answer their pleas, I’m hoping they got a little relief from cassies interview although I think that’s not the family member they want the answers from. Surely the laundries are missing their grandchildren, maybe the thought that their grandchildren are getting upset during this might make them come forward although I’m not holding out hope.

My husband is in the military and also a very seasoned hiker and he has said he could survive for a while but it would definitely be wearing thin by now. I think you may be right, hide in plain sight, it might be a good option for him and one we probably haven’t thought of before.

IMO, Cassie is still suspicious. I want to be compassionate towards her situation (although I do feel sad for her children) but there are several inconsistencies from her interview with the protestors yesterday.
In a previous long post that I posted last night I listed some of the contradictions in the statements by Cassie and her husband Jimmy, but unfortunately it got lost with the server update :( and I'm too tired to type it all up again so I'll just list one problem.
The main concern is, how did Cassie not even once ask "Where is Gabby?" or how did her children never ask about Gabby when they went to Fort de Soto on the 6th from 2PM to 8PM?
I don't believe at all that Cassie, Jimmy, or their children never asked about Gabby on Sept 1st or Sept 6th.

Total *Opinion* here -
There's something screwy about the 8/17-8/23 trip. Remember EARLY the Laudries stood back and said something like "we are just going to sit in the background while they investigate"... feel like there was some lies from Brian to family about Gabby's mental health and they *thought* they were protecting family.

Now you have Cassie saying something like the Kids were there so we didn't talk about it... again, makes me think Brian told a STORY when he showed up on Sept 1st also tying back to the 8/17 visit about Gabby's mental health. Kinda makes sense why she'd say "there are things the FBI knows that not everyone needs to know" and why she'd say "the kids were there so we didn't talk about it"...

Pretty sure along the way the parents got an idea something was horribly wrong and started helping Brian plan his escape. The fact they aren't talking to Cassie makes me think they are trying to keep her in the dark and not implicate her in what was sketchy at best, and now is looking more and more like the parents are complicate in his escape.

I'm so confused. The 13th was a Friday the 14th a Saturday. How could they not look at their phones for texts, a calendar, etc for that day in question and work backwards like most people do when they are unsure. I actually also don't even see the point of the parents clarifying this. Can someone help me to understand their intentions with changing the date?
IMO the FBI finally got around to asking about why the discrepancy with the date they picked up the mustang. I believe they originally said the 14th because they waited to report him missing and 4 days sounds better than 5. Imo

I think you looked at the wrong month. Here's the September calendar.
E6A32ECB-0870-477A-91C9-C9D24CF47A04.png
I think the parents knew they were caught dead to rights, and it's better to feign ignorance than admit you lied.

That is most definitely what it sounds like to me as well. Hopefully, the red letter of the law will not see it that way and his statement (like most of his) will all be for naught.

Even if they shared expenses, clearly the account was only in her name (they touched on this on Dr Phil), so that wouldn't matter if other expenses were shared.... When I was married we shared expenses, but my account was only in my name.

Famed forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden told Fox News that the FBI's decision to withhold the slain vlogger's remains was "very unusual", as was their decision not to release her cause of death when a preliminary autopsy was completed.

They have also not yet released her remains back to her family.

FBI withholding Gabby's cause of death is 'very unusual,' expert says
*MOO maybe missing something like the gun they’ve been searching the Florida swamp for.

This is partially incorrect, right? Cause of death is still withheld, but the remains of Gabby were released to her family and cremated, correct?

I would suspect that some damning evidence will be revealed that their timeline couldn't possibly be correct, so they are trying to cover themselves. It's characteristic of lies that people cannot keep track of or continue telling for very long. IMO.

Just an added day, where they must not have been too concerned about him missing given all that was occurring in his life….:oops:
The question now is why did they report him missing the day they did? What was it about that day?
JMO

Just looked back at a timeline. This is what else happened on the 13th (the day BL actually left their home), and on the 14th (the day they first said he left their home).

13 September - Laundrie family refuses to allow North Port police to speak to their son and issues statement via their lawyer, Steve Bertolino, saying they will be “remaining in the background”. Ms Petito’s parents Nicole Schmidt and Joe Petito host press conference, appealing for information.

14 September - Police declare Brian Laundrie “person of interest”.

A timeline of the death of Gabby Petito

It didn't come home monday night, so they checked for it tues afternoon. jmo
Thank you, that made no sense until now! I think if BL has a vehicle, this is when he was given one. Exchange the Mustang for another vehicle. He is too spoiled and soft to be on foot, IMHO. Just my speculation. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member