Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't heard about the 911 calls on 09/10 and 09/11 coming from the Laundrie's residence. Have there been discussions of those?
@EvieIvyOver
Hi!
I wish I still had my newspaper.com subscription that I had for a very long time. I recently had to cancel it for a few months. It is very expensive.
A lot of info you can get from that! I wish I still had it I would have been happy to check for you.
If you have never had the service before, you can register using the free trial period and then cancel after the trial.

I thought that as well and then someone mentioned that years ago the Ls put the house up for sale and then took it off of the market. If they took that particular photo for that listing, it could be his actual room with his belongings. Confusing for sure. IMO.

I think you are correct. I think that is his room we're seeing in the photo.

"Christopher, 62, and Roberta Laundrie, 55, bought their 1,448-square-foot home in North Port for $120,000 in August, 2015, according to property records.

Two years later, they tried selling the modest three bedroom, two bath home at $215,000 with no luck."
Gabby Petito disappearance: Who are Brian Laundrie's parents?

I think some media outlets have mistakenly looked at the property listing records on Realtor.com and falsely assumed they bought it in 2017.

The way the vans are clustered and people moving back and forth looks like other cases I've followed when they've been close to something significant...

Mr. Carbuff and I are going out to dinner now. I don't think we will be discussing this case.

That doesn't sound good. I doubt they would drain something to find a piece of evidence unless they aren't able to dive for it due to visibility. IMO.
the thing is - that area is full of plant life, vegetation, tree stumps - it's nasty nasty nasty IMO. If they have to drain water to preserve something - otherwise just get in there and grab it? I remember searching for Caylee in the woods around Blanchard Park and it was swampy due to the rains.
JMO

Please could someone advise if a lawyer and an attorney are one and the same? Is it just different terminology? I don't really hear 'attorney' used much here in the UK.

I ask in relation to SB, as I've seen him referenced as the Laundrie's lawyer, but then sometimes I see the term 'attorney' too but this seems to be more in reference to court cases I think?

TIA

the terms lawyer and attorney are interchangeable in the U.S. IMO

Is that entire map Carlton Reserve? Because last week the Sarasota Sheriff's police helicopter was circling around the area of number 42 on that map for hours, both day and night. Here are some screenshots I took of the area - Windy Sawgrass Trail ends right north of the number 42 it would appear. Also see map of the reserve, Windy Sawgrass, and Myakkahatchee Creek.

Thank you, everything I was looking for in one spot.

The longer this goes, and the bigger it becomes, it is your sentiment that a good defense attorney will admire when it comes time for trial. Any exposure to the case and the "facts" as seen on TV or online makes for a potential mis-trial, or acquital. Nevermind finding people for the jury that haven't been tainted somehow. See OJ and Casey Anthony... In both cases, the general public was SURE both were guilty, and when it came down to it, neither case had enough physical evidence to convince a jury to convict. Both are walking free today.
MOO, there can never be a change in venue. there's nowhere he can go where people are not aware. This will be in WY's circuit if it ever comes to pass (MOO) and they may know a little less but there will be nowhere that people no nothing IMO. And, IMO SB (atty) has been trying this case in the public by text for awhile and it's aggravating to me. MOO

Last edited:
I do too, although I'm not complaining. The worse the better.

How many domestic abusers have come back to their loved one and pleaded "i'm so sorry, never again, i love you so much"

As standard behavior as ever..

I swear, if only he had not called home... he might have broken down and confessed.

In the end.......... this whole wild scenario could just be about how crazy we have all been throughout this escapade.

And if we find him dead.... we are all going to feel quite dejected and empty for a while........

just my fantastical thoughts.... since I have been on this thread way way way too long today........................

While one may imagine an abusive control freak insisting on always being present with the abused person, I think abusers can sometimes control others by threatening to abandon them. Also, while stepping away to control one's own emotions may sometimes reduce violence -- abusers are classically told to cool down by taking a walk around the block -- stepping away may sometimes be part of the opposite dynamic: "You wait until I get home! You'll get it then!"

JMO

Yes, that could be another way to control your partner. What goes on between partners, married or not is sometimes very complicated. I don't consider the games played between partners as abuse or DV. Power struggles sometime happen. When does it become abuse or trauma, maybe that depends on the sensitively of the individual. I suspect both Gabby and Brian were sensitive people. Gabby called Brian an idiot and he called her crazy. Not very good for a long term relationship. IMO

hmmm, I see the second video was cut by a couple minutes.

Gabby Petito case: Full Utah bodycam video - YouTube
Gabby Petito case: Full bodycam video from second Utah officer - YouTube

No need to link. I thought you meant there is a history of abuse.
Oh, no. CL actually said to the protestors that there was never any. She and her DH emphatically stated they lived with them and if they had witnesses it they never would have allowed it to persist. I was talking about the witnesses from the trip only whose accountings have been made public. MOO

I agree that it's almost impossible the gun pictured is real.

1. Brian would have been too young to legally own a handgun when that photo was taken.
2. That manner of storage would be unsafe and likely illegal.
3. That manner of storage (hanging it on a nail) would scratch a real firearm. Metal on metal.
4. That manner of storage would make it slow and awkward to retrieve in the case of an emergency.
5. That manner of storage would leave it wide open to theft in the event of a burglary or unscrupulous visitor.
6. That manner of storage would not be tolerated by parents or grandparents of the young L kids when visiting.

Source: I'm a lifelong gun owner who has traveled extensively with firearms and had to research and comply with gun laws from multiple states. I've taken firearms self-defense training, hunter safety, concealed carry, and responsible gun ownership classes.
edit to add #6
That picture is an old Real Estate photo for when the house was being rented - not BL's room.

Is that entire map Carlton Reserve? Because last week the Sarasota Sheriff's police helicopter was circling around the area of number 42 on that map for hours, both day and night. Here are some screenshots I took of the area - Windy Sawgrass Trail ends right north of the number 42 it would appear. Also see map of the reserve, Windy Sawgrass, and Myakkahatchee Creek.

That map shows the limt of Carlton Reserve, the green border:
https://www.scgov.net/home/showpublisheddocument/30004/636537024246000000

Windy Sawgrass is near marker 43 according to this:
Windy Sawgrass

Windy Sawgrass Trail maybe crosses from Myakka to Carlton?

Please could someone advise if a lawyer and an attorney are one and the same? Is it just different terminology? I don't really hear 'attorney' used much here in the UK.

I ask in relation to SB, as I've seen him referenced as the Laundrie's lawyer, but then sometimes I see the term 'attorney' too but this seems to be more in reference to court cases I think?

TIA
Attorney/Lawyer are generally used interchangeably here in the US. Each state has different requirements that must be met to obtain an "Attorney's License" to practice law in that state. Lawyer is more informal term, I think.

Exactly. And this has been taken to be such a soul crushing example of DV, but I believe it is totally common whenever someone perceives that another person's "dream" has become a "fantasy." I suspect people, here, have experienced this - either with their own lives, their friend's or with their children - where someone wants to be a rock star, actress, NFL quarterback, etc., and eventually has to be introduced to harsh reality. I've certainly been there, and it isn't fun, but it doesn't mean that the person bearing the "bad news" is doing it because they are evil or abusive.

well stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member