Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that headsup.. It's been a while since I travelled there, about 10 years, so... .. I did wonder if Brian strutting around shelling out bills would stick out a bit, so...there's my answer... however, .. now.. who's card... under what name..
It could be under a "business" card account but I am thinking he has cash on him.
jmo

I'm hoping LE is investigating EVERY camper at the Fort Desoto Park who booked a spot between Sept. 1st. until around the time it was discovered the Laundrie family camped there. The smores fest would have been an ideal time to hand BL off to a third party who booked a camping spot before or after their arrival.
This is an ideal spot for the transfer of BL to the third party. I imagine, he could have been easily secreted in that person's camper.
It would have been a clean getaway.
MOO

Last edited:
I can't quote this post because it's in an older thread. That said, I hope I'm approaching this correctly. It's an interesting post and I have a question, if I may, about this scenario. I'm assuming I can tag by using the "at" sign and the WebSleuths name so I'll try that along with a link back to the post.

@Cinna

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

My question is about this portion of your post (BBM as well as italicized):

Brian and Gabby argue and Brian tell her he is going on a solo hiking trip. Gabby threatens to leave him if he does. She has a friend she was planning to meet up with. He goes anyway.

Brian returns and Gabby is gone. He's still angry at her parents, angry at her and takes off for home.

In the meantime, Gabby is murdered by some stranger. <modsnip>

In your scenario, are you referring to Brian leaving from Salt Lake City to return back to Florida (for the storage move out) or are you referring to Brian leaving from Wyoming after the return from Florida?

I'm interested in looking at all angles and one reason your scenario piqued my interest is because I've done a little reading about an escaped sexual offender who was finally captured in Utah.

All MOO or my own curiosity because I'm trying to reconcile there being a valid reason why Brian could have returned home and left Gabby behind.

Note: I'm going to report this for the mods to make sure I have brought a quote over correctly from another thread. I thought it was a good post and I wish I had seen it when I could have replied on that thread.
Thanks. I was referring to him leaving when he drove the van back, not the flight home.

Big, big IF here, but if the guy near the TN/NC (white truck) was BL - it sounds like he's broken with reality a bit (MOO!!). My other thought on that side of the road wave down (I've mentioned it here before) is that it was him and he was trying to build an alibi based on the fact that HE thinks she's alive and she's in California. If memory serves me, he disappeared before she was found dead. MOO - if he ever shows up alive he will claim he had no social media contact/news and just assumed she had carried through with her plans to go to California.
MOO -- after hearing Dennis the hiker's statement and 911 call -- BL could have a strategy where he's lightly disguised and "on the move," whether to a determined destination or just to keep moving. Perhaps when he does stumble upon someone he thinks might recognize him (and therefore might subsequently call in a tip), he "tells a story" as a strategy, to sow confusion.

If Dennis did in fact see The BL, it was not on a main road. It did not sound like others were around. Perhaps BL did not anticipate seeing anyone, but when he did, he asked for directions to California to create the narrative that he was heading there.

The next time he passed someone too close for his comfort, perhaps he asked them how to get to New York, and so on, so forth.

While this sounds bonkers (and complex for a novice fugitive, I'll admit), as I lay awake at night thinking of great ways to elude authorities, I can't help but imagine how chaotic this strategy would make the hunt.

If real tips, true sightings (!), are coming in with all different information regarding destination, directions, etc. LE on the receiving end wouldn't know what to make of any of it, whether it was true or not, which sighting was even legitimate.

Now THAT would be a tough trail to follow. One that doesn't exist at all.

MOO.

To your point, I have yet to see concrete evidence ("proof") beyond that of the police statements that they did, in fact, "know where BL was." There was some challenges to this a few weeks back, prompting local LE to say they had, in fact, seen BL. However, no additional details were made available (or I've somehow missed them, despite breathingeatingsleepingliving this case.) If "eyes were on" BL we still do not know when, by whom, where and for how long. This still leaves a lot of opportunity for BL to have slipped away long before anyone realized. MOO.
WMooWhat date did the press start camping out on the street? Is it possible to go backwards & find out if local press seen BL ?

I just wanted to clarify, for those who might not have seen the documents themselves, that the Federal arrest warrant for BL came with an official FBI press release attached. That is where we have the information relating the bank fraud crime to Gabby Petito. Obviously if the crime had nothing to do with GP, the FBI would not be referring to her at all in the accompanying documents which were intended for public news release. That is what @Alethea and many others here were referring to.

See the news release statement attached (page 3)

https://www.scribd.com/document/527171224/Federal-Warrant

Note the wording here and the fact that Gabby is specifically mentioned in three different paragraphs.

Reuters: Gabby Petito's boyfriend charged with using her bank card; arrest warrant issued

And now we also have the Petito family lawyer confirming it was GP's card BL used in an unauthorized manner. (On the Dr Phil show)

Fox13: https://www.fox13now.com/news/natio...petitos-credit-card-to-escape-back-to-florida

Independent: Petito lawyer confirms Brian Laundrie used Gabby’s bank card after her death

Last edited:
My FAVORITE was the North Port PIO countering Brian Entin's question re: losing sight of BL by asking why Brian Entin didn't see where BL went, as he was there at the house.

The "pointing fingers" PR strategy is not a good one, IMO.

Maybe Brian should have them roll back the footage and put someone to work watching it. Maybe they'll find (retroactively see) him. :)

I just re-watched the Brian Entin interview with Josh from the NPPD, regarding the 'questionable' surveillance of BL

at one point Josh (NPPD) asks Brian Entin ( news reporter)..." why didn't YOU see him leave....?"

Not a good look for NPPD, sorry

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Highlights from today’s North Port Police interview: -police are “working to figure out” how Laundrie vanished and say “no investigation is perfect.” -nothing related to Brian has been found in the swamp. -they are calling circumstances around parents story “a lot of oddness.”

On Banfield, an idea was quickly floated....
Maybe they took the dad out there to see his reaction on what he was
or was not about to see.
Interesting concept.
Because if you knew you were not going see a certain (awful) something
then you would be relaxed, talkative, not worried.
And so IMO, I would think... how would you know THAT?

MOO

It seems possible that it was triggered by her being reported as a missing person on the 11th (it's not clear if police came by on the 10th & 11th related to this, as there are redacted calls from those days in relation to the residence) &/or the police towing the van on the night of the 11th (I believe it was at 10 or 11pm that night). Then he was gone by the morning of the 13th. My impression is he couldn't have expected the van to be towed so quickly. JMO

I'm thinking BL leaving May have been triggered by GP's dad saying he was going to contact the police, since they wouldn't talk to him. I'm also starting to wonder if the Landrie's were planning much more than we even suspected. The visit to CL and camping could have been to show BL acting normal. He could have visited the reserve just to leave some clue he'd been there, pr a camera caught him in the area.. His parents or even someone the attorney knew could have driven him to another state to board an airplane. I don't believe the FBI searched the reserve so long just at his parents word. There was time to plan on denying anyone knew anything, I have a feeling the FBI have been looking into many things while search kept us occupied. These are just ideas floating thru my head with no evidence or knowledge of anything. Speculation and opinions only.

I just happened to be thinking:
What would have triggered BL to vanish a couple days before Gabby was found? You would think her being found would send him fleeing.

But if she hadn’t been found, and it had been nearly 3 weeks, how did he know at that point that she wouldn’t be missing for months?

Whether he acted alone or with parental help, what caused the flight before Gabby had been found?
Maybe he's like OJ and he's out to hunt for the real killer.

I'm hoping LE is investigating EVERY camper at the Fort Desoto Park who booked a spot between Sept. 1st. until around the time it was discovered the Laundrie family camped there. The smores fest would have been an ideal time to hand BL off to a third party who booked a camping spot before or after their arrival.
This is an ideal spot for the transfer of BL to the third party. I imagine, he could have been easily secreted in that person's camper.
It would have been a clean getaway.
MOO
Interesting idea. It would make sense for the person who took him to be a day visitor. No record. MOO

when your child exists to reflect you and your family, there is nothing they won't do to hold their image up and cover for the bad acts of one of their members.

I hear you and I agree. I have met both types of parents, the ones that will hold morality above all else, and those that will hold their child above all else. I have never been a parent, but I know which I would be, and I am no fan of the Laundries. But the question I have is if a person subscribes to the type of situational ethics of protecting their child from their own misdeeds against others, how much risk is that same person willing to take in sacrifice to protect their child. It’s one thing to say whatever it takes, but how far would they go putting themselves into legal jeopardy to protect him?

They haven’t talked yet tho (to our knowledge). & if that’s true, I’d imagine the FBI would want to talk to them JMO. However, it’s against their guidelines to talk to someone about a case who has already retained counsel for that case without said counsel present. I imagine that the FBI was trying to establish a relationship with him to where he trusts them. I would think that they’d purposefully maybe say something to make him laugh, etc. to establish that sort of relationship with him. All JMO but I do feel like the FBI maybe intentionally made him laugh like made a joke or something casually as they were walking just trying to establish a good relationship.

In the Suzanne Morphew murder investigation, Special FBI Agent Grusling did exactly that very thing with Suzanne's husband, BM. The Agent called BM one evening and said he'd bring pizza. BM told the agent, no, we're having steaks this evening so I'll just add two more on the grill.

BM was shocked when he was arrested. He told the Special Agent that he thought they were friends so why was he arresting him. :rolleyes:

Hence, you may be right about the FBI trying to establish a rapport with Mr. L during their excursion to the preserve with him.

I just happened to be thinking:
What would have triggered BL to vanish a couple days before Gabby was found? You would think her being found would send him fleeing.

But if she hadn’t been found, and it had been nearly 3 weeks, how did he know at that point that she wouldn’t be missing for months?

Whether he acted alone or with parental help, what caused the flight before Gabby had been found?

September 13 was the day major news outlets began picking up the story.

He knew Gabby would eventually get found or get reported missing. I'm guessing he was trying to "act normal" until then and hoping for a quiet local investigation. In that scenario, he would have been able to stay home. Instead, he saw major news outlets starting to report the story and realized he was screwed so he fled instead.

What do you all think of the interview with police by Entin today, where they say they've found nothing in the reserve?? I can't help but wonder if that's not true... if perhaps it was meant somehow to convey some pseduo message to the Laundries... it just defies logic to me that they would search so long & so thoroughly without being led forward by any clues?
I agree, it's just plain odd -- guessing that BL's parents or SB were adamant that that was where he would be/or had started from -- but apparently (my assumption) nothing of any consequence was found, yet they continued to search. It's a big, big area, yes, so maybe that's just the way those type searches are conducted.
So where will they go next -- and to whom will the search be assigned?
Will there be another search?
Or will a Grand Jury be next?

I'm thinking BL leaving May have been triggered by GP's dad saying he was going to contact the police, since they wouldn't talk to him. I'm also starting to wonder if the Landrie's were planning much more than we even suspected. The visit to CL and camping could have been to show BL acting normal. He could have visited the reserve just to leave some clue he'd been there, pr a camera caught him in the area.. His parents or even someone the attorney knew could have driven him to another state to board an airplane. I don't believe the FBI searched the reserve so long just at his parents word. There was time to plan on denying anyone knew anything, I have a feeling the FBI have been looking into many things while search kept us occupied. These are just ideas floating thru my head with no evidence or knowledge of anything. Speculation and opinions only.

This is great, it makes a lot of sense. Definitely Gabby's parents calling BL's family, & then threatening to call the police, had to have been a precipitating factor. It's still not clear to me (I'm not sure if it's been made public) if any/all of the police calls on the 10th/11th pertain to Joe's concerns & bringing them to the police.

I agree as well about the Reserve search--there just seems no way they'd look that long based only on the parents' word. I don't think even internally, within the LE force, it could be justified in terms of resources if there weren't some leads long before now. I agree that some things could have been planted there as supposed evidence, as a distraction. The family just seems way too insistent that he is there...

That's a good point about DeSoto, about it being to make things seem normal; I also viewed it as a possible way for BL to 'say goodbye' even if the words may have remained unsaid to some (maybe to Cassie, most probably the nephews), just one last time together. I still wonder if he took off from DeSoto... I know a neighbour clams to have seen him after that, but I'm not sure if it's considered reliable.

I have some difficulty thinking he took a plane just because security is wild at airports & there would be so much evidence (ID used/scanned, video footage)... but absolutely, he could have been taken just about anywhere with the 5 day lead time (at least) that he had before he was reported 'missing.'

Thanks for your thoughts!

~ Just speculation & opinion on my part too ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members