Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about some details. If BL took off and disappeared after his mom and dad supposedly helped him to disappear like some believe, ...why then would they call police and say he was missing? Wouldn't it be advantageous to not say a word and let him disappear?

Another thing... BL's mom and dad were with him from day 1 of his return. They know or most likely know every single detail of his frame of mind, and they have heard his "story". There is no doubt in my mind that they have had to come to their own conclusions of what they believe happened ..therefore they are the only people in this entire situation, besides BL, who have the information that is needed to find him or to point LE in the right direction. Yet, they hired an attorney to aid them in being uncooperative from the onset....

Which takes me back to ...why would they report him missing if they helped him disappear and hired an attorney to hide behind?

The only reason I can come up with is they hid him somewhere safe because they have come to their own conclusion that he is innocent, even after Gabby was found deceased, and their reporting of him being missing was an aversion/deflection.

Well.. I''m with you, DWF... I don't think he can, or could, either..

When he killed Gabby, ( I don't have any thoughts of a stray random killer luckily intersecting with Gabby while Brian was other wise occupied.. I just don't. It doesn't have enough weight to it, as a theory in comparison with Brian's actions. ) .. he , in a way, killed himself. He killed off Brian as a fiancee, which he was very keen on advertising. He told people he was engaged, he made Gabby tell people they were engaged. ..
So he saw himself as one part of a team. He told the Moab police this.. 'we're a team!'.. '.. so did Gabby.. Brian 's image of himself was as one part of a couple.

Not one person as a fugitive. This is a tremendous adjustment to make, apart from being the one who created this situation. Sure, he was furious when he killed her, but fury goes away, no one can sustain it forever.. as the days go by, assuming he is alive, ( which I don't ) .. he is reliving all the times he could have made a different move, instead of the one he made that puts him where he is. On the run, or well and truly dead.

By his own hand, by accident, or by another hand.. those three theory's hold equal amount of water.

he may have been "sorry" 5 minutes after the deed, IMO. I have also wondered if he returned to the camp site to see if maybe she was not dead, IMO. some people who loose control barely remember what they have done, unfortunately, IMO.

Yes, until I see a little bit of emotion from the family of BL, I will continue to believe he is alive.

I agree completely. I believe they know where he is and they have known all along he was never in that reserve unless it was to make a brief walk-through to leave scent or some kind of evidence. But I don’t really even believe that.

I don’t think he’s roughing it at all. They may have needed help but somehow he has been stashed away and probably has groceries delivered in a way where he never actually has to interact with a human. As I said, I believe they may have needed help — from a friend or business associate or a criminal to give him a new identity.

This guy is too full of himself to commit suicide. He was off with the family having a grand old time after driving back to Florida with Gabby‘s van. His parents knew. Of course they knew, especially when her parents began calling to find out where Gabby was. I’m not sure what I think about the sister but she hasn’t been totally honest and has backtracked a bit.

BL’s parents would be displaying a totally different demeanor if they believe their son is dead or in danger. They are dug in and committed to the long-haul of keeping him safe and only his own stupidity will result in his arrest.

All MOO of course.

ETA. I also think he was gone days earlier than they admit.

he may have been "sorry" 5 minutes after the deed, IMO. I have also wondered if he returned to the camp site to see if maybe she was not dead, IMO. some people who loose control barely remember what they have done, unfortunately, IMO.
Or BL blames Gabby for her own death. It’s her fault I killed her. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Right! My guess, and it’s just a guess, is that perhaps the parents told her they broke up or there was a fight, and he was so upset they didn’t want her mentioned so he could have some downtime at the Fort. Otherwise right, wouldn’t you ask, “Hey, you just flew home in late august during your five month trip, and you’re back again, and where’s your love?”

Bolding mine....

I wonder how Cassie would reconcile that notion with the activities that took place with Brian and her boys at Fort DeSoto. Brian is looking very not distressed at all in the photos she shared from that trip.

I imagine that will happen once the autopsy is complete. They may be waiting on further testing, or perhaps additional expert analysis or something.

I suppose it's also possible that they are waiting for the investigation to be complete, and they do have those results.

I can't see them releasing any information at all, especially the autopsy results, until a trial - - if there is ever a person arrested for her death.

I'm sorry that I'm not understanding something. If CaL was at the campsite with BL for a few hours, of course she would ask where is Gabby. Maybe LE has told her not to comment on that? Am I missing something?
Imo just wondering.

You aren’t missing anything. I agree with you, and I am reasonably sure many of us on here do. CaL most certainly asked her brother about Gabby, and IMO she’s been carefully advised by LE as to what she can say publicly.

Also (and only in my own opinion), she likely knows BL killed Gabby.

I feel like I have coming off as an antithesis to what you all are saying, and I don’t mean that necessarily. I just have questions about how this guy could pull this off for this long.
With the help of his parents and perhaps other family members. No way that he’s planned this retreat alone. Gabby did all the planning for their cross country trip. I have to believe he is in flight or fight mode still and from the lack of him coming out of hiding, it’s safe to say he is still in flight mode. I think the parents helped to plan this elaborate scheme to get him out of dodge to a point. No other family member or family friend has come out to defend him or encourage him to come forward. Not an Uncle, not a grandparent, not a family friend, cousin, ex-girlfriend, best friend growing up. I think the Laundries circled the wagons and have seduced other family members and friends to believe he was the victim and is targeted as a scapegoat. He’s getting/gotten help. MOO

"Gabby Petito's family takes home handmade plaque dedicated to 'America's Daughter'
The city of North Port, Florida will be taking down the Gabby Petito memorial on Tuesday and will attempt to find a more permanent solution.

Several items from the memorial are being gathered by the Petito family

Among the first items the family has retrieved from the makeshift memorial across from North Port City Hall is a handmade plaque in her honor emblazoned with a heartfelt poem dedicated to “America’s daughter.”

9ae89580c2baddf7f7adf21cd285b4a9.jpg

Gabby Petito: FBI target Brian Laundrie search with help from his father: LIVE UPDATES

The time has long passed, in my humble opinion. Once they reported Brian 'missing'.. it was over. Ovah. ...

Realistically.. once the Laundrie clan closed off the Petito's calls, ( before they started ringing, the fix was in...) they were expecting those calls from the Petito's.. I have no doubts about that ,, they knew Gabby's mum and dad would be ringing, they put in place the process not to answer any of those numbers.

( I have often wondered if the Petito's had used someone else's phone, would they have got a pickup?>. I think they would have. )

Since GP and BL lived with the Ls for few years, I have wondered, didn't the parents ever speak to each other or visit each other? If they had all become in laws, would they have not had contact? No existing relationship in August 2021?

"Makeshift memorial at North Port City Hall to be replaced by permanent steel bench memorial

04caba49b1b448d568b3fe175a5517f7.jpg

Memorial for Gabby Petito grows near City Hall in North Port, Florida. Here are some of the heartfelt messages left in her memory.

The makeshift memorial for Gabby Petito will be removed from North Port City Hall on Tuesday and will eventually be replaced with a steel bench that is being constructed by a man from Indiana.

The North Port community has rallied around Petito, leaving flowers, cards, letters, and other things to remember her by at a tree near city hall.

"The family is grateful that their daughter’s life, their relative’s life has touched so many people. This is for her to be remembered,” North Port Mayor Jill Luke told Fox News on Saturday. "They’re grateful for people who brought things, for the gentleman who is preparing the bench, for those who are showing the respect and honor for their daughter.

"A man from Indiana is currently working with Petito’s family on creating the steel bench that will permanently be in place in honor of Petito.

"The bench will be off in between a couple of trees in the shade. Steel in the sun isn’t that welcoming, and we want people to be abel to come and sit and reflect,” Luke said."

Gabby Petito: FBI target Brian Laundrie search with help from his father: LIVE UPDATES

Dave Faherty
@FahertyWSOC9

Breaking Watauga County- a body has been found near a popular overlook along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Sheriff deputies are confirming a male was discovered dead near the Thunder Hill overlook near Blowing Rock. Park Rangers, the SBI and sheriff deputies are investigating.

4:07 PM · Oct 9, 2021

Has anyone been reported missing in this area?

I'm sorry that I'm not understanding something. If CaL was at the campsite with BL for a few hours, of course she would ask where is Gabby. Maybe LE has told her not to comment on that? Am I missing something?
Imo just wondering.
Cassie Laundrie interview
CL said “we had our kids there, nothing came up.” (2:00) To me, that means they didn’t talk about it because her kids were around, but it could be interpreted any number of ways.

edited to fix the link.

Last edited:
It’s clear to me that Brian’s whole social media presence was set up after he started dating Gabby, unlike hers where you can see she repurposed her old accounts via Twitter likes etc. o_O

I was thinking about their accounts earlier today!

A lot of what BL wrote in his captions is just a regurgitation of other, older, possibly more established IG users with like minds. Their accounts and content are all very similar. Idealistic, preachy, curated to look a certain way. Guru-esque in many cases.

Personally, I think many of these people are just one "Pick Your Own" fruit-camp away from joining Spawn Ranch IMHO.

Interesting...I was checking to see if there is a Yosemite in Wyoming, and found this:

Yosemite Peak - Peakbagger.com

The Snake River is referenced. However, this is the only page I was able to find for Yosemite in Wyoming.
I'm having a hard time plotting this against their travel timeline. But its late here and I'm tired. Hopefully you will have more luck than I seeing if it fits in any way.

Dave Faherty
@FahertyWSOC9

Breaking Watauga County- a body has been found near a popular overlook along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Sheriff deputies are confirming a male was discovered dead near the Thunder Hill overlook near Blowing Rock. Park Rangers, the SBI and sheriff deputies are investigating.

John Wayne I can't remember last name but on this site. 92 miles from this area last seen. I 'think'.

Yes, until I see a little bit of emotion from the family of BL, I will continue to believe he is alive.
Good point and something I haven’t thought of.
With the help of his parents and perhaps other family members. No way that he’s planned this retreat alone. Gabby did all the planning for their cross country trip. I have to believe he is in flight or fight mode still and from the lack of him coming out of hiding, it’s safe to say he is still in flight mode. I think the parents helped to plan this elaborate scheme to get him out of dodge to a point. No other family member or family friend has come out to defend him or encourage him to come forward. Not an Uncle, not a grandparent, not a family friend, cousin, ex-girlfriend, best friend growing up. I think the Laundries circled the wagons and have seduced other family members and friends to believe he was the victim and is targeted as a scapegoat. He’s getting/gotten help. MOO
with this in mind, he will be caught soon. I hope. But I have my reservations. I’m just thinking one would crack. Someone should have a conscious.

I agree completely. I believe they know where he is and they have known all along he was never in that reserve unless it was to make a brief walk-through to leave scent or some kind of evidence. But I don’t really even believe that.

I don’t think he’s roughing it at all. They may have needed help but somehow he has been stashed away and probably has groceries delivered in a way where he never actually has to interact with a human. As I said, I believe they may have needed help — from a friend or business associate or a criminal to give him a new identity.

This guy is too full of himself to commit suicide. He was off with the family having a grand old time after driving back to Florida with Gabby‘s van. His parents knew. Of course they knew, especially when her parents began calling to find out where Gabby was. I’m not sure what I think about the sister but she hasn’t been totally honest and has backtracked a bit.

BL’s parents would be displaying a totally different demeanor if they believe their son is dead or in danger. They are dug in and committed to the long-haul of keeping him safe and only his own stupidity will result in his arrest.

All MOO of course.

ETA. I also think he was gone days earlier than they admit.
Can I like this a million times? :D

Dave Faherty
@FahertyWSOC9

John Wayne I can't remember last name but on this site. 92 miles from this area last seen. I 'think'.
Brian Laundrie search latest - Gabby's fiance could be on Appalachian Trail

Officials from the Watauga County and Avery County sheriff’s offices told WSOC-TV on Wednesday they have received several tips of alleged Brian sightings over this week.
holy smokes....

Dave Faherty
@FahertyWSOC9

Found this one but it’s from 2019.
BF33C2F0-71D0-4E98-9722-4B84688C5330.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members