Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want him to be found dead -- chomped by an alligator, yes -- but only from the waist down, so a positive ID will be irrefutable. Or from starvation. (This is awful for me to say; I'm not that kind of person, but...)
Then it will be over. She suffered; he suffered. Done. No trial for her parents to endure -- pictures of her body, the M.E.'s testimony of how she died. All it takes is one juror to call for another trial...

A trial might be tricky -- there needs to be very solid evidence, and with her body somewhat decayed, and with BL able to destroy evidence in his leisure, a guilty verdict, especially murder in the first degree might be very tuff to pull off.
The Petitos/Schmidts have expressed (in the Dr. Phil interview) that their wish is for him to be brought in alive, stand trial knowing it will be excruciating for them, and spend the rest of his life in a concrete cell. I therefore wish the same. MOO.

Update:

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
Chris and Roberta came out tonight to take down this tribute to #GabbyPetito. The other sign remains in place in the corner of their yard. #BrianLaundie #wheresbrian

11:23 PM · Oct 10, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
UPDATE: Chris Laundrie sprinted out in the dead of night to take down the other sign at #GabbyPetito’s makeshift memorial on the corner of his lawn.

11:26 PM · Oct 10, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Geez. I wonder if tomorrow is trash day or something.

Being a homeless person in NYC, in particular, is a filthy, dangerous and extremely uncomfortable proposition, with the vast majority being mentally ill and/or addicted. Imo, there is zero chance that a middle class kid from LI is trying to fit in among the homeless in NYC.

I agree, except for your last sentence.

A low chance, yes. Zero, no. I'm a middle-class New Yorker and I know people to whom this has happened. Mainly due to drugs. Kids from good homes with loving parents who somehow fell into this spiral and ended up on the street.

We might easily think there would be a zero chance of a middle-class kid from LI becoming a fugitive and possibly a murderer. Also, Long Island is very variable. Rich and poor abut each other, and Nassau and Suffolk counties are sort of different. Suffolk is a longer commute to the city, and therefore many towns are less expensive. Decades ago, my husband and I almost bought a house in Patchogue (near Blue Point) because the houses cost so much less, but we couldn't because the commute would be at least two hours each way.

I have exactly no idea where Brian may be, and if he is dead or alive. I was responding to a post about WebSleuthers being able to identify Brian. My point was that IMO he'd be harder to spot in a city like this.

For myself at this point, I'm speculating much less on whatever came before Brian went missing and before Gabby's body was found. Whatever the nature of their relationship, their van life dreams, how much they spent in restaurants, were they still engaged---for me that's all moot right now. My focus is on where Brian went, if he's alive and if he can be located sooner rather than later. I have faith in the FBI but IMO the ball was dropped, several times.

All JMO.

Link please?!
I have never read anything saying they are victims.

I consider them victims in the sense that I don't consider them victims.

The second they didn't return those frantic phone calls from Gabby's parents, they began their pattern of disgusting behavior.

It's possible that behavior preceded even that.

Thoughts??

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3821012/fbi-is-spread-too-thin-for-brian-laundrie-search/

Kaplan told us: "The FBI is not tasked or mandated to investigate homicides. Homicides obviously are part of criminal enterprises, whether it's organized crime or, God forbid there's a bank robbery and someone gets shot and killed, but routinely a single homicide is not within the jurisdiction of the FBI.

"But now realizing the scope and breadth of this investigation, the FBI came in. They are certainly equipped to track down and conduct leads and go out and serve subpoenas and interviews etc.

"They've been asked to do many, many more things in the last couple of years that they used to not be asked to do."

Kaplan says the
drawback is that it "strains a lot of the resources", and agents could be focused on bigger investigations, although he does hope Gabby's family get justice.

"The general public is now beating on doors and demanding that this case be solved. And so the FBI has that pressure, that's the real life political spin on this, right?" he went on.

….

"Do I think that they can sustain 24 hours, seven days a week searching for this guy? Absolutely not. That's ridiculous.

"I don't want to sound callous or heartless, but it's a homicide of one person as tragic as it is.

"It has already been significantly scaled back where it's probably assigned to two case agents and a squad
. And as the lead comes in, depending on the credibility of the lead, it's then dealt with that way.

Update:

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
Chris and Roberta came out tonight to take down this tribute to #GabbyPetito. The other sign remains in place in the corner of their yard. #BrianLaundie #wheresbrian

11:23 PM · Oct 10, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
UPDATE: Chris Laundrie sprinted out in the dead of night to take down the other sign at #GabbyPetito’s makeshift memorial on the corner of his lawn.

11:26 PM · Oct 10, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
This doesn’t make sense to me. Why take them down now?

Agree. I am thinking 9/10 or 9/11 at the latest - could have been earlier, from Fort DeSoto. Neighbor was unsure of date. MOO. One day we may know. LE is holding back a lot. Meanwhile SB keeps trying the case in public (and possibly on here). MOO
From the camping trip wouldn’t surprise me. I don’t think they waited until Gabby’s parents started calling… they knew her body could be discovered at any moment and wanted him in hiding before that happened. MOO.

Here is what we know - MOO:

Their Son:
1. We know they aren't looking for their son.
2. We know they haven't pleaded for people to look out for him.
3. We know they didn't issue a picture of what he was wearing when he last left.
4. We know their behavior is completely inconsistent with the behavior of parents sick with worry over the safety and well-being of their child.

The Petitos (particularly Joe P from print and media (including Dr. Phil interview):
1. We know they (the Petitos) were actually worried about BOTH kids.
2. We know they had no idea BL was "home" or on his way home.
3. We know that there came a point in time where Joe P said after the Laundries kept ignoring their numerous calls, texts, that he advised them that if they did not call him back this time, he was calling the Police.
4. We know that even in the face of that message, they still didn't call.
5. We know they thereafter ignored detective and PO calls.

MOO

These are things we know. MOO. Some we assess ourselves from their own behavior. Others we know from the Petitos. If the Laundries would like to rebut the Petitos' accounting of anything the Petitos have put forward publicly, nothing is stopping them from doing so.

The most telling thing to me: "
THEY " have an attorney now.
And, they're trying to muddy the waters on when the atty was retained. MOO (based on SB's own text messages),
But that is not the most significant to me.

The most significant to *me* is IF they truly knew NOTHING, they would not need an attorney. It would be completely unnecessary. So, whether they or Bertolino realize it or not, they told "me" a long time ago that the Laundries know something directly relevant to Gabby's homicide. MOO JMO IMO

If they have something different to offer, I'm happy to hear it.
With all the media coverage and the local law enforcement and the FBI looking for their son, I'd say their choice to stay in the background is not an offense to be shamed for. No one is obligated to reveal facts of a criminal investigation to the public. I think what people are looking for is something to quench their insatiable thirst for getting to know people involved in this case. The FBI and the police have spoken to them on multiple occasions, from what I've heard--why not just let the law do their jobs and leave personal appearances by the family out of it. If they've done something wrong, why haven't they been arrested? As of now, there isn't even a warrant for their son's arrest on charges relating to GP's death.

The audacity of these people. First they refused to respond to the Petito/Schmidt families when they reached out thinking BOTH GP and BL were missing, then they refused to cooperate with police, then they asked for assistance from the police when BL went “missing”, and now they refuse to acknowledge the death of their daughter-in-law to be and remove the sign in their/used to be her yard as if they want to forget she ever existed, let alone lived there.
I don’t understand them. The only thing I can think is they blame GP for putting them in the position that they’re in. It is so sad.
MOO

I don't know what people are referring to when they talk about his odd gait. Is there a video of him walking like this? What I have seen so far looks kind of like normal walking. . . Except for his strange barefoot crawl over the rocks, somewhere in Utah. That was more climbing though.
He walks with his feet outward (not "odd" necessarily IMO, just more distinctive). Look too for pointy ears, a bump at the top of his ears, and crooked front teeth, in addition to the tattoos. MOO

Last edited:
With all the media coverage and the local law enforcement and the FBI looking for their son, I'd say their choice to stay in the background is not an offense to be shamed for. No one is obligated to reveal facts of a criminal investigation to the public. I think what people are looking for is something to quench their insatiable thirst for getting to know people involved in this case. The FBI and the police have spoken to them on multiple occasions, from what I've heard--why not just let the law do their jobs and leave personal appearances by the family out of it. If they've done something wrong, why haven't they been arrested? As of now, there isn't even a warrant for their son's arrest on charges relating to GP's death.

Read sentence one and you lost me reading the rest. Here's why: They had a lawyer before the media ever showed up. MOO

Cops were given the card on or about the well check. MOO No media was aware or present on scene yet. MOO

I recently asked that Q of someone in pvt and they guessed Casey Anthony or the Daybell's. I don't know how to find out which thread on this site has the most but would love to hear how if someone here knows the secret!

I think it's Abby and Libby, the Delphi Murders, in recent years. They were murdered in 2017 and they're currently on Thread 138.

I am beyond ready to hear some breaking news in this case! I love you all dearly but I'm also incredibly tired of reading regurgitated non facts and bizarre speculation. My gut tells me BL is alive. I'm also worried with each passing day he isn't found.

BBM Their actions were morally wrong. MOO

I popped in & am confused… mods have been clear about the rules for this particular thread. My understanding is that we’re not allowed to sleuth the parents, but we are allowed to have suspicions based on MSM reports about their noncooperation, changing stories, that they live in what has been deemed an active crime scene & what was Gabby’s home, too. Where they just went out under cover of night & ripped out the memorials.

In any crime, there are countless victims, & there’s a hierarchy of victims. The people who called 911 in Moab are probably traumatized by this outcome, just as an example.

But Gabby is the victim here. As are her family & friends & acquaintances. Perhaps his parents have suffered because of him or his behaviour in some ways, but they are living, breathing, & gardening & changing their story every time some news gets out. I think if NPPD says there’s a lot of “oddness” in their story, we’re allowed to discuss that too.

JMO

Read sentence one and you lost me reading the rest. Here's why: They had a lawyer before the media ever showed up. MOO

Cops were given the card on or about the well check. MOO No media was aware or present on scene yet. MOO

Gee, she is sure is dead though, isn't she? Murdered. Left dead and broken in a lonely creek bed far from home. Last seen alive with him. Traveling with him. He took her van and used her cc and ran home to his parents. The frantic calls from her family ignored. The coward running from LE. The parents misleading LE about the reserve. Lawyering up.
Oh, those poor, poor victims!
Jmo
Both of you spoke poetically!!

The audacity of these people. First they refused to respond to the Petito/Schmidt families when they reached out thinking BOTH GP and BL were missing, then they refused to cooperate with police, then they asked for assistance from the police when BL went “missing”, and now they refuse to acknowledge the death of their daughter-in-law to be and remove the sign in their/used to be her yard as if they want to forget she ever existed, let alone lived there.
I don’t understand them. The only thing I can think is they blame GP for putting them in the position that they’re in. It is so sad.
MOO

I'm just watching it...I wouldn't even hazard a guess at what's behind it...
It was the sign erected by their neighbours too..
https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1446639496385208323?s=20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member