Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the release of the COD will BL emerge from his "disappearance" and claim he had no means of communication, because he was off-grid, wanted to clear his head, and was hoping Gabby would come home and apologize for going off with another guy?
Or...I went off to pick berries. When I came back she was dead.
What do you think his story might be?

I think he kept his story simple. Something like, we argued, she stormed off with some people I didn't know, and she just never came back. I waited around two days and then decided to drive the van back. He will blame her murder on some "unknown" people he saw her hanging out with. However, that story won't explain why she left her Capital One bank cards behind, and maybe her external hard drives, and maybe her computer, and most of her clothes, and most of her possessions in the van.
So no one besides his parents will believe him.

Speculation and IMO

If cause of death is undetermined then how can manner of death be homocide??
Hopefully you haven’t gotten a ton of answers already, I haven’t read to the end of the thread, it’s moving too fast.

A perfect example to answer would be Jon Benet Ramsey. I am not sure they ever determined her cause of death - it was either blunt force trauma to the head, or strangulation. The reason it may never have been determined is because they happened close together timewise and it was difficult to know which of the two methods was the one that actually killed her. At least that is my recall, but that was years ago.

In caylee Anthony’s case, the cause of death was never determined because the remains were too decomposed to tell. But the manner was homicide, due to where her remains were found, and the condition in which they were found.

So, if there is enough evidence that someone caused this to happen in a violent means, whether by covering it up, burying, or multiple simultaneous violent acts, there are other ways to rule homicide even not knowing an exact cause of death.

No links = MY OPINIONS ONLY

Oh, I agree with you. I was just correcting the idea that his phone might not have been charged or working at the Moab stop, as an excuse for his "I don't have a phone" weirdness. It definitely was. And he gave that number to the police for his contact. Which you wouldn't do if it wasn't working, right?

I thought he went back to the van to get his phone.

I think this is very possible if the following happened:
- She was killed 8/27-29 AND he called his parents soon after and they called their family friend who had a law degree ? And began receiving advice on a hypothetical situation. If it were me and I decided to help my child - I would tell them to get home to FL ASAP and in the meantime I would be going to Walmart with a hat and mask ( it’s FL we wear hats) and buying 2 prepaid phones - I would go to the library to activate them and use prepaid gift cards purchased with cash at Publix when I bought groceries to add minutes and would email a relative using a throwaway email to help me save my child from the death penalty and they would help because they don’t believe in the DP or I have something to hold over them and I would not hesitate to use it… JMO and what I may do to help my child who murdered their fiancé
WOW @oviedo !!
I'm call you the next time Im in trouble!!!!!
Lol!!!

Oh, I agree with you. I was just correcting the idea that his phone might not have been charged or working at the Moab stop, as an excuse for his "I don't have a phone" weirdness. It definitely was. And he gave that number to the police for his contact. Which you wouldn't do if it wasn't working, right?

I took his comment during the LE stop to mean that he didn’t have any paid minutes left on it to access the internet or for receiving/making phone calls with it.

I'll give him a pass I guess, but mighty faulty record keeping. No calendar?jmo
No pass. He got that info from his clients, from CL and RL. How do you forget you searched for your child not once but TWICE, on two separate days, and one of those occasions was allegedly multiple hours at night the day he left?

I don't think "murder" is a COD. COD is something like, say, blunt force trauma. Depending on the COD and other evidence, the FBI may decide to charge someone with murder, manslaughter, etc.

Amateur speculation only
EDIT: You are correct:
"The Coroner is charged with determining the name and age of a decedent as well as the cause and manner of death. Manner of death may be accidental, suicide, homicide, natural, or indeterminate. " Coroner | Teton County, WY

Anyone know if the FBI has more resources allocated to them if their fugitive hunt now involves a POI indicted for murder?

Where is Gabby's Apple watch? Did I miss posts on this? I'd be interested to know if he had the foresight to destroy it, That would be relevant to me. MOO
I'm hoping that was possibly still with her and that her iPad was still in the van. I don't remember an iPad, but I think someone here said she had one.

he slips the phone in his pocket when he first gets out of the car right? IIRC. Then later he gets Gabby's phone from the car and gives it to the cop and the cop gives it to Gabby.

I refuse to go back and look! :) Hard to remember all those details....

There is definitely not a lot of concrete data surrounding his "I don't have a phone" vs "Oh, look here's my phone in my pocket." I would highly doubt they had 2 phones not connected on one plan as most of the charges on a plan are for the base plan fee. Easy to add another line for ~$20 a month. BUT... he seems like someone would scoff at having a phone, wanting to live off the grid, etc. Did he perhaps really put his foot down and only have some barebones phone?
I bet some eagle-eyed sleuther could pull up that Moab video and identify exactly what kind of phone is in his hand.

I have a question. I've seen the Bethune video, a lot. I've watched it at regular speed, slo-mo, and even double speed because you should really see that dead bugs (right smack in the middle of the windshield) butt blowing in the wind at 2x. I have seen no sign at all of any van door closing surreptitiously so could someone please tell me where this is supposed to have occurred in the video?
I agree. As best as I can tell, I can only see the van door closing in a video some other dude (not the Bethunes), edited to slo-mo & published to YouTube, where it went viral. He claims he did not alter the video in any other way. I am skeptical though, because watching the original Bethune footage sloooowwwwly does not show the door closing like that. Until I hear it from the FBI tech guys that the door was closing, I’m not in the “it closed” camp. But that’s just me.

Have they ever put the trash out? And if not, why not. Crowds aside, those have now dissipated.

Trash on the street is public property and can be collected by the FBI without a warrant. Is this the real reason behind them stockpiling trash? Just a thought. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1