Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if her body was partially or mostly burned. So they could immediately determine homicide but the COD would take longer.??? Almost scared to find out the COD tomorrow.

There’s been nothing to suggest she was burned. The teeny tiny little campfire that was there certainly couldn’t have done it.

So, you and I were discussing a clip on the media thread that showed the mustang gone. It was from Monday, but it was raining. So was the news media video 6 pm, not am? MOO
Yes. I think the anchor actually said something like "news this evening" at the very beginning. She flips to the guy reporting live in front of the Laundries and it is daylight, but it's the afternoon. During his report they show footage from an interview earlier in the day with a neighbor, but it didn't say what time. It could have very well been right before he went live.

Maybe the info is particularly heinous and they want people to understand that he's unstable and dangerous, just in case someone is helping hide him. They may want to frighten then into giving him up by giving them the feeling that they could be in danger?
Interesting thought you have. It is possible. I just hope this isn't a sign of them starting to close down the search.

Remember it’s just a press release. Coroner may just state autopsy is complete, toxicology showed no drug use & remains were released to family. No further information can be released at this time in order to maintain integrity of the investigation. I’ll be surprised if we get much more than that. Imo
We will find out. I would hate for Gabby and her family if they're slowing down or stopping search for BL.
They deserve more.

I wonder if her body was partially or mostly burned. So they could immediately determine homicide but the COD would take longer.??? Almost scared to find out the COD tomorrow.
Cause of death always takes longer because it's about the results of the full autopsy.. can take weeks or months , depending upon laboratories etc.
I wondered about that too, strangely. The remains of a campfire near her body probably put the idea in my head.

Remember it’s just a press release. Coroner may just state autopsy is complete, toxicology showed no drug use & remains were released to family. No further information can be released at this time in order to maintain integrity of the investigation. I’ll be surprised if we get much more than that. Imo
Agreed. Some posts seem to think the coroner is going to release the actual autopsy report itself, which is highly unlikely. They will give it to FBI, but not the press. The coroner will discuss results - the autopsy is complete, the final ruling on manner of death is homicide, they may release toxicology if it was negative. I doubt we will get cause of death or time of death as the investigation remains ongoing. They may discuss release of Gabby's remains to her family. And then a whole lot of "cannot comment at this time" to reporter questions.

I would love to be wrong and the coroner spills everything, but this is highly doubtful when the FBI is involved. jmo

I'm impossibly behind here, but it's a press conference, isn't it? The type of information you are referring to could indeed be easily disseminated with a press release. Seems to me a press conference suggests more important information, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Does anybody else think that the release of more of Gabby's autopsy is somewhat odd given that BL hasn't been found yet?
The end of the fed search in the reserve or elsewhere?
Could this be the point this becomes a cold case?

It is not odd at all. They previously said the cause of death was pending full autopsy results. It looks like the autopsy is now completed. They may or may not reveal the complete results. (I'm guessing they will release cause of death.)

It should be noted that it was only speculation that the cause of death was held for some investigative reason. In my view there is no reason to believe that until they actually say they have the cause of death and are not releasing it.

Right. I guess I should have been more specific in saying if the COD is revealed to be gunshot wounds, strangulation, etc, would an arrest warrant for homicide then be issued for BL
That's up to the FBI and nobody ever knows what they're gonna do or when.
The Coroner is the caretaker of her body, he can only deliver information on his findings upon autopsy.

Here's a handy explainer on cause and manner.
Cause & Manner of Death | Snohomish County, WA - Official Website

Cause of death always takes longer because it's about the results of the full autopsy.. can take weeks or months , depending upon laboratories etc.
I wondered about that too, strangely. The remains of a campfire near her body probably put the idea in my head.
When you and Trooper were suspecting a real grisly horror of COD I stayed up all night trying to imagine what you were thinking. This morning I was on the hunt for campers to tell me if they pack hatchets for long-term camping...... jmo See what you made me do, lol. God I hope not. jmo

This is the Bethune vid. The other is an edited version. The edited version is not a credible source imo. Jmo. Moo. Etc.

@JudgeJoe I don't know if you are an active or retired judge (and don't want to - that's personal and none of my business) but I bring it up bc this post is made presuming you are. So, if your concern is about veracity and admissibility, you don't have to even consider it that far. The FBI enhances videos every single day MOO. And, they would be enhancing this video on their own - not using the enhancement version of some guy on YouTube.

If it is relevant, the Bethunes and agents will testify to its authenticity and it would, in fact, come in. MOO

If it is not authentic or relevant, we will never hear of it again. So in the end, what either one of us says doesn't really matter. But, I enjoy the pushback (truly, I do :)) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr