Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports

“Dr. Blue will be addressing the cause and manner of death today,” Teton County confirms to Fox News that the official cause of death for #GabbyPetito will be addressed during this afternoon’s presser #GabbyPetitoAutopsy #BrianLaundrie
7:36 AM · Oct 12, 2021

BBM
Doesn't say will be releasing.
The FBI tends to hold things close to their vest in ongoing investigations and I'm thinking this is no different.
I would not be surprised to hear: "because it's still under investigation, we can not announce those details at this time".

I'm guessing it was a % gratuity added to the bill.
MOO
The restaurant notes
on FB they add 18% on all discounted meals, so like 2 for 1 tacos, the 18% is added.
Could be. I don't like those either but wouldn't have a tantrum over it. Ironically if the service is good I usually tip more than the required gratuity, their loss.

No one has .much to say about the incident!
It.was.busy

I'm not somsure.it was as big a deal as it was.made.out to be!
Reading their FB page everyone s asking the same question?

Why would he be upset with the bill?
They Knew what they ordered.and what.it.would.cost so ....

My thoughts exactly. I feel like there was some sort of argument, but nothing too out of the ordinary for restaurant staff who are accustomed to dissatisfied customers. I would trust more the (to us) secret information that has been given to the police by the restaurant, rather than accepting someone's TikTok story at face value. MOO

I don't think her death would have been classified as a homicide in that case?

Maybe the coroner is clarifying his manner of death. Since we have no cause of death there has been wild speculation as to how GP died.

Drowning, a drug overdose, a gun shot wound, hanging, asphyxiation, blunt force trauma. All those can be COD's but they can vary in terms of manner of death. Each COD can fall into accident, suicide or homicide MOD. What we keep forgetting, to quote an article in a previous thread, is that all murders are homicide but not all homicides are murder.

Cause & Manner of Death | Snohomish County, WA - Official Website

It's possible LE and FBI instructed the coroner not to release COD because it gave them some control over the narrative in terms of BL's disappearance. BL doesn't know what LE knows. However, after a month of searching for BL without success maybe they feel it's time to give him an opportunity to tell his side of this sad story. That's if he's still alive. I think he is.

A coroner's only requirement is to provide the medical cause of death and manner of death. It is not their purview to investigate the who or the why the medical cause of death occurred. So we finally get some answers today.

https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1447960682759172098
"I spoke w/ renowned forensic pathologist Cyril Wecht today who has worked on a lot of high profile cases & he says he believes one of the key reasons how #GabbyPetito died hasn’t been released yet could be because info the coroner & FBI knows is info only the killer would know."

I've heard law enforcement will sometimes withhold evidence if they don't know who the killer is and are hoping to keep specifics from popping up in copycat killings. I also think they sometimes withhold information in case they get false confessions (odd, but it happens).

In this case, neither issue seems to be applicable. So, I'm not why they wouldn't release information unless it's simply for the comfort of the family members.

PICTURES: Gabby Petito Crime Scene Tape: Harrowing Gabby Petito Crime Scene Death Photos Marked By FBI

I still think he shot her, and that's why it was ruled homicide so quickly. Jmo

MOAlso...My original thought was that the paint at the crime scene was identifying bullet holes....maybe they were having some target practice out there. And is it a gun on a book by the flip flops behind the van in the video (I admit it seems unlikely but I suppose it could be)? This YouTuber slows it down to show what may or may not be a gun:

I hope this wasn't what was talked about last night and now I am repeating everything said.

dbl

I hope this is accurate re COD! I really did not expect that COD would be revealed. Maybe this means FBI has overwhelming evidence that BL killed Gabby. Hope Hope. jmo

I hope it's accurate, too. I have doubts that we'll hear much at all.

Has Gabby's body been released to the family yet? Maybe that's what they will tell us. With a lot of thanks to the many agencies who assisted yada yada type stuff.

dbl

I hope this is accurate re COD! I really did not expect that COD would be revealed. Maybe this means FBI has overwhelming evidence that BL killed Gabby. Hope Hope. jmo
Me either, Cady. MOO And, like you, I hope they do.

It will be at 11.30 am California time, so nine hours ahead in Frankfurt. 20.30 (8.30 pm) in Frankfurt. I think London is only 8 hours so 19.30 (7.30 pm) in London?
Yes.
Mountain Daylight Time, MDT* MDT (UTC -6) Tue, Oct 12, 2021 12:30 pm
London, United Kingdom* BST (UTC +1) Tue, Oct 12, 2021 7:30 pm
Paris, France* CEST (UTC +2) Tue, Oct 12, 2021 8:30 pm
Athens, Greece* EEST (UTC +3) Tue, Oct 12, 2021 9:30 pm Current Local Time in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda